RE: Each Day Closer To Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Each Day Closer To Death

"Remembering death daily can and does transform the whole life of a believer to the better. Death awareness helps the believer to set his/her priorities right."

Allah knows best.

What are your thoughts and views on this quote.

Btw I am going religious!!!!
    (Well don't listen to music anymore, guess that's a start)

... " They will find all that they did, placed before them: And not one will thy Lord treat with injustice"

(Quran: Surah 18 Verse 49)

Re: Each Day Closer To Death

I strongly agree with you. Yes, remembering death daily does transform an individual to righteous. I remember once remembering death for almost a month and I saw some changes in me. I stopped listening to music, paying zakat, and every right act one must follow. I miss those days. But at the same time I felt that I am in total different world. Moreover, I felt much better because I was very close to Allah (SWT). :) I was very happy. This same process will/shall continue again. I loved that life. Inshallah I am going to have that life back. :D
    :ahb: :love: :love: :love: :allah: :love: :love: :love: :ahb:

Comment

Great quote and I agree. We have limited time though we don't know how limited it is for each of us. So we must have a sense of urgency to do good and keep away from bad.

And good start for the music thing.

inshAllah you will be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOnlyKhuda<3 View Post
        I stopped listening to music, paying zakat, and every right act one must follow. Moreover, I felt much better because I was very close to Allah (SWT). :) I was very happy. :D
        Oh no mashallah i've always paid zakat, and fasted, shahada, just find praying like a chore I must do to go to heaven.
        ... " They will find all that they did, placed before them: And not one will thy Lord treat with injustice"

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOnlyKhuda<3 View Post
          But at the same time I felt that I am in total different world. :D

You don't want to stop playing the DS, WII, reading newspapers, or watch factual programmes, or you will end up depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
            So we must have a sense of urgency to do good and keep away from bad.
            Jazakallah.... still lost without music though :(

Have replaced it with thriller novel called postmortem (don't know if that is considered haram?)

Comment

Working...
            X