Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth problem

Asalamwalakum

Lost a tooth started getting sensitive pain went to dentist tooth replaced but over a month now and sensitivity to cold food/drinks still there am using corsodyl and flossing but not seemingly helping with sensitivity
    I have some sensitive teeth/tooth (not sure if its just one tooth) left side triggered after eating.drinking cold;dont want to keep going back to dentist?? Any advice?
    Jazakhallah

Re: Teeth problem

I also have sensitive teeth, if I'm drinking something cold I try to drink it from a straw. I even get pain with warm or normal temperature liquids sometimes. Sensitive toothpastes do nothing for me at all.

Comment

have u tried using a miswak instead of the normal tooth brush?
      "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Maybe you have a cavity and the sensitivity is being causes by stimulation to the exposed nerve. Get that sorted ASAP..cos if you start to notice the pain goes away means the nerve has died

Also when you brush don't gargle with water

And areas which are more sensitive put some toothpaste (sensodyne e.g. ) with your finger on that area and again don't rinse it off

Comment

If the pain happened after the dentist did the work on your tooth, it could be that your dentist has not insulated the tooth properly. Cold food is catching the nerve endings. You might have to go back.

Sorry man, sending you back into the Lion's den. I need to see my dentist aswell :(

Comment

My friend said she gargles olive oil for 10 mins every morning (sounds about urghh, lol). She said its completely cured her of sensitive teeth. I'm gonna try it out myself soon inshaAllah.
            "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
              My friend said she gargles olive oil for 10 mins every morning (sounds about urghh, lol). She said its completely cured her of sensitive teeth. I'm gonna try it out myself soon inshaAllah.
              that's so nasty! ha ha ha
              Back... for now.

Comment

I agree with Hafsah, go get it checked out asap, its likely the dentist left something exposed and this is causing you sensitivity etc. Rinsing your mouth every night with a little salt in warm water is really good (after brushing and flossing) this helps prevent gum disease etc if you do have any open/ exposed areas.
                What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Use a tooth paste called sensodyne. Or a toothpaste that is specifically designed for sensitive teeth. Should reduce sensitivity

Comment

Working...
                  X