Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desparately in need of some encouragement!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desparately in need of some encouragement!!!

As Salaam Aleikum Brothers and Sisters!!!

I am a 27 year old girl born into a muslim family who are not so muslim in their ways,i mean non practising muslims..(does that even make sense..if you don't practise then you are not a muslim right????)And i was a part of them ofcourse until now.To be precise until this ramadan.Actually i met a muslim guy online..(i didn't really meet him or anything..i just happened to know this guy through a matrimonial site for the purpose of marriage ofcourse..but it didn't work out however we ended up being friends..we don't talk on phone or anything..we just sometimes exchange emails and that's about it) Sorry for the details...the point is that i was really inspired by him..May Allah bless him..i feel Allah sent him my way for a reason.He is such a pious man and i wish i could get a husband like him....but anyways..he is such a good person, a devout muslim..He made me look deep into my religion.I was always God fearing but i didn't know it wasn't enough.I was such an ignorant person but Alhamdulillah Allah chose to guide me.And i feel so lucky.But the problem now is that i do not have any support from my family.My mother thinks i am being an extremist.She actually thinks i am going crazy and that something has happened to me.And it may sound really funny because for the first time in my life i think i am doing something right by submitting myself to Allah.But my mother simply doesn't understand it.And it is getting very difficult for me especially because i love my parents a lot,well who doesn't..but i really love my mother and it really hurts me when she says the stuff that she says.She has always supported me and now when i really need her she thinks i am nuts.:(
    I really have no idea what being an extremist means..because honestly all i do is pray and fast ,which my mother ofcourse doesn't mind.but what bothers her is that i have started wearing hijaab and i don't watch tv ,i don't listen to music anymore and that i am always either reading some thing or watching videos of islamic scholars on youtube.I try hard to make her understand that i no longer enjoy the things i used to and that my heart is so happy now but she feels i am disobeying her and that i am not going to get married because hijaab makes me unattractive and what not.I feel very disheartened by my mothers behaviour because i don't like it when she is upset with me and it makes me all depressed.I know Allah is with me and this is just a test for me but sometimes you need some encouragement..and that is all i am seeking from all my brother and sisters who are reading this now..And some tips on how i can handle this situation would really be appreciated..I am sorry i made it too long and Jazakallah Khair for taking your time to read.. ,May Allah bless you all..Ameen

Re: Desparately in need of some encouragement!!!

:salams

sis seems like your practically in a similar situation to people like myself who accept islam later in life...
    its good that youve been inspired by this brother and your now practicing Islam more, i dont see whats extreme about what your doing...

if your family are into following culture more then pure Islam that may be the reason why they feel you are being extreme...

But remember you are doing this to please Allaah, not your family... Allaah will judge you for your intentions and actions, if youve done something good for his sake then try and stick to that path sis..

:insha: your family come around..

MAY ALLAAH MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU ..

AAMEEN
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Re: Desparately in need of some encouragement!!!

Wa-alaikum Salaam Zoyaa,

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time right now. Your mother loves you and as we're told in Islam, Paradise lies under your mother's feet. So be patient with her, this is a test for you. You are doing the right thing, continue striving to please Allah swt. I pray that He makes it easy for you and know that there are so many Muslim brothers/sisters in your situation or worse. You are not alone.

This quote is something that always cheers me up and I hope it does the same for you.

"Talk to Allah, he's waiting to hear from you, cry to Allah, He's waiting to dry your tears, pray to Allah, He is waiting to answer you, find Allah, He is waiting for you in all moments of life, in all steps, in all our mistakes, and always remember that Allah loves you, and He's ever ready to help you! So lets not wait around and sincerely pray and ask Him to provide the inner peace that we need Inshallah."#

May you find that inner peace and strength to see this through, Zoyaa. Never give up, Insha-Allah.
      Last edited by Zaitoonah; 04-09-11, 07:58 PM. Reason: tweaking..

Comment

Working...
      X