Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in Kuwait

Assalamu Alaikum,

What are the pros and cons of living in Kuwait? What is the cost of living there? Would a single guy be able to save 300-400 Kuwaiti Dinars per month out of a salary of 800 Kuwaiti Dinars? What's the Islamic environment like, and what are the opportunities to study Arabic and Deen?

Re: Living in Kuwait

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum,

What are the pros and cons of living in Kuwait? What is the cost of living there? Would a single guy be able to save 300-400 Kuwaiti Dinars per month out of a salary of 800 Kuwaiti Dinars? What's the Islamic environment like, and what are the opportunities to study Arabic and Deen?
    con: Getting tortured.

In a lot of Middle-East and North African countries torture is common. Kuwait also has this problem.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum,

Well, I only know of a one Shaykh there. He may know more however.
      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

It's a very beautiful and rich place, it has it's good and bad, personally I wouldn't go there for studies or anything for a holiday it's nice.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Warrior View Post
          con: Getting tortured.

In a lot of Middle-East and North African countries torture is common. Kuwait also has this problem.
          What??

Comment

salaams to all

esp if youre African/very dark skinned
            no sense denying that there lots of racism in the Arab countries.

not everyones like that but many have a superiority complex

thats my opinion.

and Allah ta"ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

:jkk: for the replies everyone.

There is a brother from the USA who might be getting a professional job in Kuwait soon, for 800 Kuwaiti Dinar per month. So he was wondering about living expenses and such. He would like to save around 300-400 dinars a month. And being able to continue his studies of the Deen would also be good. He is Pakistani but not dark.

IbnulQayyim, who is this shaykh that you know? And does he speak English?

Comment

shaykh mohammed daniel...he runs an academy online too..hes a revert..amazing shaykh and unbiased etc,.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                  shaykh mohammed daniel...he runs an academy online too..hes a revert..amazing shaykh and unbiased etc,.
                  I just googled him. His qualifications are very impressive. :jkk: That settles the matter as far as Kuwait and Deen is concerned. But can anyone answer my question regarding the cost of living?

Comment

I am not knowledgable in that area. Please ask for moderator 'dhakiyya' in the helpdesk - which is private between you and the moderators. She might know stuff or just search this forum about kuwait stuff in case someone asked in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                      It's a very beautiful and rich place, it has it's good and bad, personally I wouldn't go there for studies or anything for a holiday it's nice.
                      Asalamu Alaikum,

Why not for studies bro?

For OP:

Shiekh Mohammed Anjaree is in Kuwait. What I like about him is that he speaks English and whenever I need a fatwa I like to get his opinion and ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                        Asalamu Alaikum,

Why not for studies bro?

For OP:

Shiekh Mohammed Anjaree is in Kuwait. What I like about him is that he speaks English and whenever I need a fatwa I like to get his opinion and ask him.
                        :jkk: I just googled him as well, and he is also very impressive. Apparently he is a regular khatib at the only English language Jumuah khutbah in Kuwait.

Comment

:jkk: I just googled him as well, and he is also very impressive. Apparently he is a regular khatib at the only English language Jumuah khutbah in Kuwait.
                          Ah interesting I didnt know that. Insha'Allah I have an interest in Kuwait as well so keep me updated if you find out about the cost of living.

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                            Ah interesting I didnt know that. Insha'Allah I have an interest in Kuwait as well so keep me updated if you find out about the cost of living.
                            Will do. He is better known as Abu Uthman, I guess:

http://ickuwait.org/

Comment

How about any information on Qatar? The job requires spending some time working in Qatar as well.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X