Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone really know how to take a bath...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone really know how to take a bath...?

Assalamualaikum,

In this day/society we are blessed with clean water on demand hot or cold by a simple twist/push/pull of a mechanism. We fill our tubs to the full or let water rundown freely through the shower head. I have found instructions "how" our prophet pbuh performed the ghusl but no demonstrations on how the water was applied. The Hadith I am relating to is from Bukhari Vol 1: Bathing Hadith no.252

"While I and my father were with Jabir bin 'Abdullah, some People asked
    *him about taking a bath He replied, “A Sa' of water is sufficient for*
    *you.” A man said, “A Sa' is not sufficient for me.” Jabir said, “A Sa*
    *was sufficient for one who had more hair than you and was better than*
    *you (meaning the Prophet).” And then Jabir (put on) his garment and*
    *led the prayer."

A Sa of water is approxiametly 2.3 litres of water.
    Now rush to a measuring jug or water/bevereage bottle and just see how much water this is.

Advice on how to use this much water is appreciated.

I have included instructions how our prophet pbuh took his bath.

I placed water for the bath of the Prophet. He washed his hands twice*
    *or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his*
    *private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them),*
    *rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing*
    *it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over*
    *his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet.

Re: Does anyone really know how to take a bath...?

Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

It says "poured", "rubbed"... Just Google the fiqh of ghusl.

Or was that not the point? :S In regards to the amount of water, you can measure it out into a bucket (i.e. fill the bucket) like many Eastern countries do... But it would be impressive to only used that little amount of water. :|
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

My question is really about how one can achieve using 2.3 litres of water.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Hmmm...interesting.

I suppose if all of the body parts are washed once, it can be done in 2.3 liters.

But, :insha: ask a schoalr.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Praise be to allah the most Merciful the Most Benefical. I have started this thread whilst I am in Holiday in Bangladesh. Weather is extremely hot and it is not unusual to have 2 showers. The Hadith in particular relates to wastage of water.

I took the initiative today and took a shower with approxiamately 2.5L of water. I used a small cup (size of a soda can) to pour the water. To my astonishment I managed to complete it. I followed the instructions as described. I did not use any shower gel/Shampoo.

In the evening before Magrib I took another shower and used shower gel very thinly. Again I managed to complete without feeling soapy all over.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ANOTHER HADITH IT HAS BEEN NARRATED THAT WHEN HAVING A BATH NOT A SINGLE HAIRLINE OF SPACE/BODY IS LEFT DRY.

One must insure that they do not compromise this. You can use more that 2.5L but work towards 2.3L. I am sure this can be achieved with the help of Allah insha Allah.

Have a go my brothers and sisters.

By the way I am 5'8" and above average in weight.

Comment

Wow. :masha:
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I thought I'd see how long (or short) it would take for a shower; I'd say about 2-3 mins (with soap included) :D
              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

The reference I used was that 1 saa was equal to 2.5kg. In volume point of view 1kg of water is approxiamately 1L. Therefore 1 sa'a ~ 2.5L Water.

The following site suggests that 1 sa'a ~ 3L and 1 mudd~ 750ML

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=24&Topic=9559

Allah knows best

Comment

Working...
                X