Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 rugs and a sofa

Originally posted by Bina20 View Post
    Doesn't their council pick up household bulky items for free, they do in my town, maybe they don't if you live in a city.

I hate the idea of people fly-tipping furniture onto the alleys and streets.
    If you put stuff outside generally members of the public will pick it up wayyy quicker than council though! we always used to do this with spare furniture when we move house, and within 5 mins everything will be gone! it can be much more efficient than council, freecycle gumtree and whatever else :p obviously as long as its not just rubbish you put out but useable things

I got a kids ride in car from outside someone's house too, got a lot of use out of it so far my eldest loved it at the time now my middle one loves it masha Allah, so nice to have for free :p
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by elza3d View Post

Unfortunately it was. Kinda annoyed me, but I guess I can't complain. It was free after all.
      Blechhhh, scourge of the furniture world that stuff is! It's hard to find a decent piece of furniture that isn't laminate or pine

Anywhoo kudos on the recyclery
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

This thread is a fresh of breath air , really really inspiring.
        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
        علي الحبشي

Comment

so u guys don't have Farmers Markets over there in the UK? I mean here ppl just take their unused stuff to the FM and sell it. I used to go there all the time. Stopped when I realized I was buying too much lol

ofcourse ppl just throw stuff out here aswell
          "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
            if I get to deal with a wali like that, after nikah I am kissing him and not the bride. Also the bride can stay at my house alone first night while I make tea for the wali and massage his legs.
            HAHA HA !!! LOL

yeah @Asiya you are really lucky Alhumdulillah!!!!!!!!!
            .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Wow some forumers are not shallow and well humble nice to see!

Come round to where we live and you can have the fully working fridge that was chucked because it was too small, sofas nice but now too small and not matching the room
              exercise bike gne, Tvs that are so not flat!

man I hate it how we waste soo much!!! im not mad after all!
              .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Originally posted by junaid368 View Post
                so u guys don't have Farmers Markets over there in the UK? I mean here ppl just take their unused stuff to the FM and sell it. I used to go there all the time. Stopped when I realized I was buying too much lol

we have carboot sale if thats what you mean? only thing is for that you have to have a car, to take the stuff there...
                .: Rufaida :.
                .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:masha:

One Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure :up:
                  And He found you lost and guided you,
                  ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                  " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                  ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

im my home town we could take useful things to the townhall once a month anything from furniture, lawn-mowers, car engine parts, kids toys, bikes, all sorts and anyone can come and pick up what they want and take it for free. also had an recycle page in the newspaper where u can advertise ur stuff for free and people who need what u are throwing away can call and come and take it for free.

when the gov was pulling down a local block of flats, they had the builders had taken out all the taps, copper pipes, baths, furniture that was in there, curtain poles and all sorts and was a big sign up saying help yourself. much better idea than bulldozing the lot and dumping everything.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

yea alot more efficiency, things going where they are needed :)

ofcourse theres always the "free" category on craigslist
                      "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        Let me know if you come across any tanalised timber.
                        Such things are hard to come by. I remember last year I needed some timber, so popped into a local flooring store and asked if they had anything knocking about. Turns out they just finished a new shop fit and had loads round back. So I just picked up what I needed. It's definitely worth asking around in local shops. You never know what they don't want.

ofcourse theres always the "free" category on craigslist
                        We have GumTree.com, Alhamdulilah.

Comment

I put a load of old exercise equipment outside and 2 days knocked on my door and offered me money for it :rotfl: gave it them and some chai to boot :up:
                          ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                          Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

We have garage sales.

And I love the free section on craigslist.

Comment

Working...
                            X