is the brother responsible for her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the brother responsible for her?

A brother who was born in a Muslim family but grew up a "cultural Muslim" and later on lost his Islam, he became a agnostic or some other religion not sure what exactly.

He met a girl who was also a cultural Muslim and she belonged to a heretical shia sect like Ismali or Nusayri, at the time the guy used to influence the girl with agnostic ideas and deviant beliefs leading her further away from any 'Islam' she might have had. They dated for some years and they were thinking of getting married when some circumstances drove them apart and they separated.

Now many years later the brother has become a practicing Muslim alhamdulilah and is repenting over his ways of jahaliyah. However he is losing sleep over this girl not that he has feelings for her nor that he has even been in contact with her for years but the idea that on the Day of Judgement she will blame her misguidance on him and those years he spent influencing her in a wrong way.

Is he under a obligation to 'right' his past wrongs by contacting her (directly or indirectly) and making dawah and telling her about the true path to Allah and how he found Islam and the other
    beliefs he held and preached in the past were wrong?

If he does not do so will he be accountable for "concealing the truth" ?

My own advice was that he should just make dua for her and forget about her, let the past be the past and leave her guidance in the hands of Allah (swt) /
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Re: is the brother responsible for her?

Originally posted by yassin' View Post
    A brother who was born in a Muslim family but grew up a "cultural Muslim" and later on lost his Islam, he became a agnostic or some other religion not sure what exactly.

He met a girl who was also a cultural Muslim and she belonged to a heretical shia sect like Ismali or Nusayri, at the time the guy used to influence the girl with agnostic ideas and deviant beliefs leading her further away from any 'Islam' she might have had. They dated for some years and they were thinking of getting married when some circumstances drove them apart and they separated.

Now many years later the brother has become a practicing Muslim alhamdulilah and is repenting over his ways of jahaliyah. However he is losing sleep over this girl not that he has feelings for her nor that he has even been in contact with her for years but the idea that on the Day of Judgement she will blame her misguidance on him and those years he spent influencing her in a wrong way.

Is he under a obligation to 'right' his past wrongs by contacting her (directly or indirectly) and making dawah and telling her about the true path to Allah and how he found Islam and the other
    beliefs he held and preached in the past were wrong?

If he does not do so will he be accountable for "concealing the truth" ?

My own advice was that he should just make dua for her and forget about her, let the past be the past and leave her guidance in the hands of Allah (swt) /
    i'd give the same advice, but ask him to seek Advice from an Alim/Scholar ...

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

^^ agree

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said:
      "The one who repents from his sin is like the one who did not sin in the first place." [Ibn Majah]

Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful [25:70]

But, I would not rule out him having a 'catch up' with the girl if it can be done islamically, maybe in the pressence of his wife (if he has one) with the intention of doing da'wa.

Comment

Originally posted by mundo View Post
        But, I would not rule out him having a 'catch up' with the girl if it can be done islamically, maybe in the pressence of his wife (if he has one) with the intention of doing da'wa.
        Bringing wife and ex-girlfriend together to discuss the past, what a pleasant get together that will be.

Comment

Oh is it!

Don't have to discuss the past just what they went on to do, you know, like a catch up. Is that not workable?

Comment

This needs an alims advise ... we shouldnt put our own thoughts on such critical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mundo View Post
              Oh is it!

Don't have to discuss the past just what they went on to do, you know, like a catch up. Is that not workable?
              Lol would you wanna meet your wifes ex-boyfriend for a catch up?

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                Lol would you wanna meet your wifes ex-boyfriend for a catch up?
                Ha ha, fair point.

If i had girlfriends in the past would that have made a difference..... OK its a bad idea.
                I'll let you have it.

Comment

Well i was under the impression that 2 wrongs will not make a right.

It would not be permissible for a Muslim guy to contact a (non-muslim) woman in the first place, let alone the "catch up" part.

Just like he could not contact his ex-wife if he had one after accepting Islam because she is no longer his wife and is a strange woman to him.

And if he misguided her with his thoughts and ideas, she also misguided him because they must have been two birds of feather to get that close
                  in the first place.

So the best thing he can do is keep away and carry on with his own life and hope that she finds the truth on her own, and Allah will guide whomever He wills.

Also i remembered a hadith that when some of the believers get to Jannah and they look down at those in hellfire, they will see some of their relatives and friends
                  in the fire and they will thank Allah that they broke that friendship because had they not done so they would have been burning in the fire also.

Im going to tell the guy to go see a Sheikh, but i know he wont and he will still be talking about this next week lol
                  "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Do post the sheikh's response IA.

I am pretty sure it will more or less in line with your thought process.

Comment

She was a kaafir anyway?

Comment

I defo feel for him, he must be feeling really guilty =/ This is gona bother him for maybe the rest of his life.

But in all honesty, he should know that it is not him who Misguides, it's Allah(swt). That woman probably closed her heart long before she met him.

But who knows, maybe Allah(swt) has guided her back also.
                        A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Working...
                        X