Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Was expecting a massive cut and paste job.

Anyone who feels threatened by a pyramid or ancient relic, or an 'idol' needs to have a serious look at themselves.

The 'holier than thou' attitude from some Muslims is laughable.

How long have Muslims better than us ruled over lands like Egypt and Iraq, yet they preserved many of their relics. And now we come along and say what is what, lol, that is some arrogance.

And what is an 'idol' exactly? People don't worship these buildings and relics.

IslamQA? a Wahabi/Salafi orientated website, I wonder what they would say... people with that mindset are very detached and don't appreciate history/culture.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

Anyone who feels threatened by a pyramid or ancient relic, or an 'idol' needs to have a serious look at themselves.

How long have Muslims better than us ruled over lands like Egypt and Iraq, yet they preserved many of their relics. And now we come along and say what is what, lol, that is some arrogance.

IslamQA? a Wahabi/Salafi orientated website, I wonder what they would say... people with that mindset are very detached and don't appreciate history/culture.
      the ayats of Allah and the statements of the prophet :saw: and the actions of the sahabbah mean nothing to you at all ? la howla wala qawata illah billah,may Allah remove the veil from your heart and make u see again amin.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
        the ayats of Allah and the statements of the prophet :saw: and the actions of the sahabbah mean nothing to you at all ? la howla wala qawata illah billah,may Allah remove the veil from your heart and make u see again amin.
        Why do you have to be so dramatic?

Its really annoying when people say things like that.

I don't feel threatened by a pyramid or sphinx, and I certainly won't start worshipping them. They are in Muslim lands where people are Muslims and don't worship idols.

The response from IslamQA was a typical response, and for me just not relevant to anything.

Social matters too, these people are so disconnected. Didn't they say something like you can't have friends that are not Muslims? lol

Comment

interesting point - what did previous and more pious islamic nations think of such relics and why did they leave them intact if they are idols?

Comment

I don't feel threatened by a pyramid or sphinx, and I certainly won't start worshipping them. They are in Muslim lands where people are Muslims and don't worship idols.

The response from IslamQA was a typical response, and for me just not relevant to anything.

Social matters too, these people are so disconnected. Didn't they say something like you can't have friends that are not Muslims? lol
            go pick up your Quran and look up 5.51, 5.80, 3.28, 3.18 and see what Allah ta ala says about that.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I don't want to argue. Maybe continue this another time.

Forgive me if i came across rude or aggressive.

Salaam.

Comment

Originally posted by luisa View Post
                I do, and billions of other people also.
                Love to know who those "billions" are? I think destroying a history of ignorance is doing the world a favour. There's plenty of ignorance in the world today if they want to learn something of.
                A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
                  interesting point - what did previous and more pious islamic nations think of such relics and why did they leave them intact if they are idols?
                  1. They used some rocks from a few monuments to build their own structures
                  2. A Muslim tried to read hieroglyphs in early Middle-Ages but he failed, and at the end, it was just forgotten and people just had a life like we do today.

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
                  Love to know who those "billions" are? I think destroying a history of ignorance is doing the world a favour. There's plenty of ignorance in the world today if they want to learn something of.
                  Hum im part of the billion or at least of the million interested and considering im majoring in History i'll appreciate my "tools" to be left where there are.
                  My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                  Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
                    I think destroying a history of ignorance is doing the world a favour.
                    so, go on and bomb pyramids, destroy buddhas, down with the sphinx, whitewash paintings, disassemble mosaics, break up statues...

what next ?

pathetic

Comment

it doesn't matter if the statue, idol or raised grave is worshipped now, it matters that it could be again at some point so destroy now so future generations dont fall into shirk.

and no we dont need to destroy history, but neither do we need statues and graves to remember our history, we can remember people were upon ignorance and disbelief and so wanting to protect future generations pass down this message of how they went astray.

I would advise those who don't see the wisdom in destroying statues and raised graves to look into how the people of the Prophet Nuh (as) went astray and fell into shirk and then you will understand the need for this.

Comment

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post
                        it doesn't matter if the statue, idol or raised grave is worshipped now, it matters that it could be again at some point so destroy now so future generations dont fall into shirk.

and no we dont need to destroy history, but neither do we need statues and graves to remember our history, we can remember people were upon ignorance and disbelief and so wanting to protect future generations pass down this message of how they went astray.

I would advise those who don't see the wisdom in destroying statues and raised graves to look into how the people of the Prophet Nuh (as) went astray and fell into shirk and then you will understand the need for this.
                        but if you use the logic that they might in the future be worshiped (the pyramids never were worshiped i think) that could apply to anything couldnt it?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

There are some simple-minded Muslms that would want anything not related to Islam to be razed to the ground or destroyed, like it would please God.

Muslims have ruled Egypt, Iraq, Jordan etc. for how long exactly? The Muslims back then (who were better than us) saw no reason to destroy the buildings/relics of civilisations that had come and gone. There is a lesson in that.

How weak must your faith be in order to feel threatened by a pyramid or a sphinx?

A person with a brain can take lessons from such pieces of history. They tell a story, and connect us to the past.
                          With the kind of technology the world possessed a few centuries ago , was it practical to demolish the pyramids ?
                          Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                          deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                            With the kind of technology the world possessed a few centuries ago , was it practical to demolish the pyramids ?
                            the tech they had a couple of centuries ago was probably better than the tech they had almost 4ooo odd years ago to build them though....;)

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

If those statues are not a place of worship for the Non-Muslim Dhimmis then what place do they have in a Muslim Land ?

The Buddhas of bamiyan were blown up as there were no Buddhists anywhere in Afghanistan in a land which was dominated by Buddhists before the arrival of Muslims .

I

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                                the tech they had a couple of centuries ago was probably better than the tech they had almost 4ooo odd years ago to build them though....;)
                                Yet People are still puzzled about how they were built 3500-4000 years ago .

I wouldnt be surprised that Egypt a superpower in those days and a Land of Magic and Jinns may have used those means .

Allahualam .

I

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X