Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Originally posted by luisa View Post
    if I had to say everything which is on my mind, I would spend my life on this forum

most likely I would be banned first, however
    funny you say that, you remind me of the poster who got banned earlier this month

Comment

of course

just bomb into pieces the entire history of humankind, and make up a new one

that way, you can be sure you will be happy with it
      euroamericans have been doing that with human beings and they are concerned with some statues now

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
        euroamericans have been doing that with human beings and they are concerned with some statues now

LOL
        :rotfl: .. same old hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
          euroamericans
          you keep using this strange term

could you please give a precise definition ?

Comment

no, it doesn't

are "nominal muslims" muslim, or not ?
            depends on alot of factors but most basically if they dont pray salah then they are out or if their beliefs are such that which contradict Islam then they are out also.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
              depends on alot of factors but most basically if they dont pray salah then they are out or if their beliefs are such that which contradict Islam then they are out also.
              so, all this crowing about the exorbitant numbers of Muslims should be substantially toned down, probably

Comment

so, all this crowing about the exorbitant numbers of Muslims should be substantially toned down, probably
                that was the case a decade ago, but now mosques are packed out more than ever, theres a huge reformation going on amongst muslims and we're only getting more religious :up:

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                www.QuranicAudio.com
                www.Quran.com

Comment

I hope not :( I saw them and they are beautiful. I don't think it's a good idea to destroy history...
                  Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                  Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                    that was the case a decade ago, but now mosques are packed out more than ever, theres a huge reformation going on amongst muslims and we're only getting more religious :up:
                    Yeah ...
                    Soon we might just take over europe so behave nicely with us. We could be your future rulers
                    Free Web Hosting Pakistan - BASE.PK
                    Hi Web.India - Free Web Hosting India

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      la howla wala qawata illah billah, have u ever in your life picked up the Quran and read it cover to cover ? if you had you wouldnt be coming out with such utterly ridiculous statements.
                      Sister, Im not sure how the Quran is relevant to destroying statues?

Of course I have read the Quran, and nowhere have I read that one should go around destroying historical buildings and statues.

Comment

Originally posted by CARM View Post
                        Sister, Im not sure how the Quran is relevant to destroying statues?

Of course I have read the Quran, and nowhere have I read that one should go around destroying historical buildings and statues.
                        Exactly, I highly doubt all statues are considered to be idols in islam

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                        www.QuranicAudio.com
                        www.Quran.com

Comment

if raised graves have to be destroyed would the pyramids come under that label? their original use was as a tomb but its not that any more so how would they class them?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

There are some simple-minded Muslms that would want anything not related to Islam to be razed to the ground or destroyed, like it would please God.

Muslims have ruled Egypt, Iraq, Jordan etc. for how long exactly? The Muslims back then (who were better than us) saw no reason to destroy the buildings/relics of civilisations that had come and gone. There is a lesson in that.

How weak must your faith be in order to feel threatened by a pyramid or a sphinx?

A person with a brain can take lessons from such pieces of history. They tell a story, and connect us to the past.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
                              There are some simple-minded Muslms that would want anything not related to Islam to be razed to the ground or destroyed, like it would please God.

Muslims have ruled Egypt, Iraq, Jordan etc. for how long exactly? The Muslims back then (who were better than us) saw no reason to destroy the buildings/relics of civilisations that had come and gone. There is a lesson in that.

How weak must your faith be in order to feel threatened by a pyramid or a sphinx?

A person with a brain can take lessons from such pieces of history. They tell a story, and connect us to the past.
                              la howla wala qawata illah billah..its far more shocking that muslims are speaking without knowledge, and silures a non muslim can understand better the issue, may Allah guide him to islam and make him of our brothers amin.

Is it obligatory to destroy statues in Islam, even if they are part of the legacy of human civilization? Why is it that when the Sahaabah conquered other lands and saw statues there they did not destroy them?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The evidence of sharee’ah indicates that it is obligatory to destroy idols, for example:

1 – Muslim (969) narrated that Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: “Shall I not send you with the same instructions as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? ‘Do not leave any image without defacing it or any built-up grave without leveling it.’”

2 – Muslim (832) narrated from ‘Urwah ibn ‘Abasah that he said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “With what were you sent?” He said, “I was sent to uphold the ties of kinship, to break the idols, and so that Allaah would be worshipped alone with no partner or associate.”

The obligation to destroy them is even stronger if they are worshipped instead of Allaah.

3 – al-Bukhaari (3020) and Muslim (2476) narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “O Jareer, will you not relieve me of Dhu’l-Khalsah?” That was a house (in Yemen) belonging to the (tribe of) Khath’am, which was called Ka’bat al-Yamaaniyyah. I set out with one hundred and fifty horsemen. I used not to sit firm on horses and I mentioned that to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He struck me on my chest with his hand and said, 'O Allaah! Make him firm and make him one who guides others and is guided on the right path.' " So Jareer went and burned it with fire, then Jareer sent a man called Abu Artaat to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said, “I did not come to you until we had left it like a scabby camel.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) blessed the horses of (the tribe of) Ahmas and their men five times.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is prescribed to remove things that may tempt or confuse the people, whether they are buildings, people, animals or inanimate objects.

4 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy al-‘Uzza.

5 – and he sent Sa’d ibn Zayd al-Ashhali (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Manaat.

6 – And he sent ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Suwaa’. All of that happened after the Conquest of Makkah.

Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 4/712. 776. 5/83; al-Seerah al-Nabawiyyah by Dr. ‘Ali al-Salaabi, 2/1186.

Al-Nawawi said in Sharh Muslim when discussing the issue of image-making:

They were unanimously agreed that whatever casts a shadow is not allowed and must be changed.

Images that cast a shadow are three-dimensional images like these statues.

With regard to what is said about the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) not destroying idols in the conquered lands, this is merely conjecture. The companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not have left idols and statues alone, especially since they were worshipped at that time.

If it is asked, how come the Sahaabah left alone the ancient idols of the Pharaohs and Phoenicians? The answer is that these idols fall into one of three categories:

1 – These idols may have been in remote places that the Sahaabah did not reach; when the Sahaabah conquered Egypt, for example, that does not mean that they reached every part of the land.

2 – These idols may not have been visible, rather they may have been inside Pharaonic buildings etc. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us to hasten when passing through the abodes of the wrongdoers and those who had been punished, and he forbade entering such places. In al-Saheehayn it is says: “Do not enter upon those who have been punished unless you are weeping, lest there befall you something like that which befall them.” He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that when he passed by ashaab al-hijr [the dwellers of the rocky tract – see al-Hijr 15:80], in the land of Thamood, the people of Saalih (peace be upon him).

According to another report narrated in al-Saheehayn, “If you are not weeping, then do not enter upon them, lest there befall you something like that which befall them.”

What we assume then that if the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a temple or building belonging of these people, they did not enter it or even look at what was inside it.

This will dispel any confusion about why the Sahaabah did not see the Pyramids or what is inside them. There is also the possibility that their doors and entrances were covered with sand at that time.

3 – Many of these idols that are visible nowadays were covered and hidden, and have only been discovered recently, or they have been brought from remote places that the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not reach.

Al-Zarkali was asked about the Pyramids and the Sphinx etc: Did the Sahaabah who entered Egypt see them?

He said: They were mostly covered with sand, especially the Sphinx.

Shibh Jazeerat al-‘Arab, 4/1188

Then even if we assume that there was a statue that was visible and not hidden, then we still have to prove that the Sahaabah saw it and were able to destroy it.

The fact of the matter is that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) would not have been able to destroy some of these statues. It took twenty days to destroy some of these statues even with tools, equipment, and explosives etc that were not available to the Sahaabah at all.

This is indicated by what Ibn Khuldoon said in al-Muqaddimah (p. 383), that the caliph al-Rasheed was unable to destroy the estrade of Chosroes. He started to do that, and he gathered men and tools, and burned it with fire, and poured vinegar on it, but he was unable to do it. And the caliph al-Ma’moon wanted to destroy the Pyramids in Egypt and he gathered workers but he could not do it.

With regard to the excuse that these statues are part of the legacy of mankind, no attention should be paid to such words. Al-Laat, al-‘Uzaa, Hubal, Manaat and other idols were also a legacy for those who worshipped them among Quraysh and the Arabs.

This is a legacy, but it is a haraam legacy which should be uprooted. When the command comes from Allaah and His Messenger, then the believer must hasten to obey, and the command of Allaah and His Messenger cannot be rejected on the grounds of this flimsy excuse. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey.” And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”

[al-Noor 24:51]

We ask Allaah to help the Muslims to do that which He loves and which pleased Him.

And Allaah knows best.
                              Last edited by *asiya*; 26-08-11, 09:17 PM.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                                sister, if we seen an old idol worshiped by quraish would you say the same thing about it? that its a piece of history and all that?

sister at the end of the day its an idol.
                                Who worships it exactly?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X