• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massilia
    replied
    Re: Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Originally posted by luisa View Post
    yes, pyramids were still there

however, many sculptures were defaced or destroyed, on the basis of aniconist prescriptions in Islam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam
    Your usual rant is getting tiring, defacing and destruction happened all along Antiquity way before Islam and things were already damaged before their arrival. Remember something like christianisation of Egypt, or Egyptians thiefs even under pharaonic and Greek and Roman era? Funny you only mention Muslims

Leave a comment:

• luisa
    replied

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    why cover them with wax when u can bomb them into pieces? ... :banbear:
    of course

just bomb into pieces the entire history of humankind, and make up a new one

that way, you can be sure you will be happy with it

Leave a comment:

• luisa
    replied

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
    even when there was caliphate, the pyramids were still there who are you to say otherwise?
    yes, pyramids were still there

however, many sculptures were defaced or destroyed, on the basis of aniconist prescriptions in Islam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

Leave a comment:

• aadil77
    replied

pyramids aren't idols, they're buildings

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Is there actually anything about studying archeology ? Or is it extrapolation?

The only thing i know is you are not allowed to create pictures of living things and you are not allowed to create statues, the creators have been dead for 5 000 years now. We're not creators.

I don't know what is the culture of Egyptian museums, if you need to pay or if it is free, they're free for me in where i live and they're free in London.
    What would you know about signs showing something is worshipped or not?

Leave a comment:

• abu_fulan_fulan
    replied

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    you point about rocks is valid but you do realize that the prophet pbuh forbade us to do things like that right?

i mean, he even told us to forget about our ancestors who fought in jahiliya wars.

it put these things in museums and to make money off of them is very degrading. statues and pictures are harram in themself but when they were idols that just makes it all that much worse sister. as for the rock thing, there is no outward sign that the rock was worshiped so there is no way to tell ,but an idol that was carved or created we can see and tell what its purpose was because of its being created.
    reminds me of the hadith where Rasoolullaah (saws) said one of the reasons the jews were cursed was that they traded in what Allaah had forbidden them for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

you point about rocks is valid but you do realize that the prophet pbuh forbade us to do things like that right?

i mean, he even told us to forget about our ancestors who fought in jahiliya wars.

it put these things in museums and to make money off of them is very degrading. statues and pictures are harram in themself but when they were idols that just makes it all that much worse sister. as for the rock thing, there is no outward sign that the rock was worshiped so there is no way to tell ,but an idol that was carved or created we can see and tell what its purpose was because of its being created.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    sister, if we seen an old idol worshiped by quraish would you say the same thing about it? that its a piece of history and all that?

sister at the end of the day its an idol.
    No an idol is worshipped, people made simple rocks as "idols" can't I sit on a rock along a beach then? It's a statue you're not allowed to do sculpture.
    if they don't want them they can transfer the museum finds to Berlin Paris or London
    But as i said, if they don't find a way to replace 13 billions, they won't do anything about it unless they want riots.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

It's not about tourism, it's part of history of Egypt whether we like it or not and denying it is stupid, even when there was caliphate, the pyramids were still there who are you to say otherwise?
    Idols are in museums not in the tombs, in there you only find images half erased with time but still precious. Second they're not idols anymore, they have the status of archeological finds : statues, jewellery, testimony of a civilisation and that is it.
    So your terms are wrong. I don't call this idols.

But i'll be interested to know what's the plan to find 13 billions of dollars to replace. Instead of talking of destruction. Program or something?
    sister, if we seen an old idol worshiped by quraish would you say the same thing about it? that its a piece of history and all that?

sister at the end of the day its an idol.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

-separate beaches should do the deal but what do they mean about "covering monuments from the public eye"? With wax????? That's crazy, no one forces anyone to see them but there are people interested in history and archeology
    statues are harram.

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

why cover them with wax when u can bomb them into pieces? ... :banbear:

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post
    there is a difference between ruins in general which can be left in place and idols and raised graves which are meant to be destroyed whether anyone is worshipping them or not.

islam trumps tourism every time.
    It's not about tourism, it's part of history of Egypt whether we like it or not and denying it is stupid, even when there was caliphate, the pyramids were still there who are you to say otherwise?
    Idols are in museums not in the tombs, in there you only find images half erased with time but still precious. Second they're not idols anymore, they have the status of archeological finds : statues, jewellery, testimony of a civilisation and that is it.
    So your terms are wrong. I don't call this idols.

But i'll be interested to know what's the plan to find 13 billions of dollars to replace. Instead of talking of destruction. Program or something?

Leave a comment:

• abu_fulan_fulan
    replied

-separate beaches should do the deal but what do they mean about "covering monuments from the public eye"? With wax????? That's crazy, no one forces anyone to see them but there are people interested in history and archeology
    there is a difference between ruins in general which can be left in place and idols and raised graves which are meant to be destroyed whether anyone is worshipping them or not.

islam trumps tourism every time.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abdul-Curim
    started a topic Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Bikinis bug Ikhwan.

Bikinis bug Brotherhood; cover-up of monuments demanded

By DAVID E. MILLER | THE MEDIA LINE
    Published: Aug 25, 2011 23:03 Updated: Aug 25, 2011 23:03
    CAIRO: Sunbathing in Alexandria may soon be a thing of the past, at least if some Egyptian politicians have their way.http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article493760.ece

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X