Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you do/say when you're not fasting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you do/say when you're not fasting?

Ok, that should do it. :D
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
      someone explain this to noobz
      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      Explain what exactly?
      Originally posted by x--x View Post
      Why? Is he 8 years old too?
      yeah , why isnt he fasting? ....

Comment

^ I think the OP's female.

I'd just say "cause I'm not feeling well." :| (and actually, that would be true!)

Just don't eat in front of someone fasting...
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

owh , ok .....

but why is every1 assuming that i wouldnt know that? .....

Comment

Never mind, lol, perhaps its best you leave the thread. :|
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

I still pretend I'm fasting.
              https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

reply or face :boom::boom:

:badguy:

Comment

Tell him the truth, don't be graphic and but say that every month or so, women are exempted from fasting and praying. This is out of Allah's Rahma for them because a lot of stuff is happening to their bodies. If you say something like this is only for adults to know but because he's such a ma shaa' Allah young man, you'll tell him the reason, I'm sure he'll respect you for treating him like an adult and the bond between you will increase.

I've heard that out of respect for the holy month, you shouldn't eat much and in front of others.
                  Last edited by Pippin1376; 21-08-11, 09:22 PM. Reason: iPod typing sucks
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                  ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Innit?
                    Last edited by .mirror.; 21-08-11, 09:41 PM.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I've never heard that you "shouldn't eat much"..?

Not that you really can, seeing as you're pretty much in fasting mode, but you really should have proper meals (esp. if you're one of those that gets cramps and such).

Comment

She shouldn't be eating infront of people, especially if it's going to cause this awkwardness. When the woman is excused from fasting then she must not fast and rather she eats in a discreet manner - e.g. eating in a room where no1 else is or taking food upto her own room in a discreet manner. Modesty is such a beautiful thing.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
                          I'd just say "cause I'm not feeling well." :| (and actually, that would be true!)

Just don't eat in front of someone fasting...
                          This

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                          I still pretend I'm fasting.
                          This

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          She shouldn't be eating infront of people, especially if it's going to cause this awkwardness. When the woman is excused from fasting then she must not fast and rather she eats in a discreet manner - e.g. eating in a room where no1 else is or taking food upto her own room in a discreet manner. Modesty is such a beautiful thing.
                          & this

or just say 'you musnt tell anyone when a womans not fasting, you'll find out when your older' if the kid catches you!
                          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Simple response of "she's not fasting because she isn't well" when they are under 10 years of age. Once they hit puberty and (still) ask these questions, then you can tell them women are excused from fasting and praying during certain times of the month.

They might ask not because she's eating infront of everyone, but she might be in the kitchen preparing herself some food, or didnt wake up for suhoor or perhaps was eating in the kitchen and normally no-one walks in there if they are fasting and of course when you least expect it, someone walks in! I doubt anyone would purposely eat infront of others who are fasting, thats just insensitive.
                            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
                              I've never heard that you "shouldn't eat much"..?

Not that you really can, seeing as you're pretty much in fasting mode, but you really should have proper meals (esp. if you're one of those that gets cramps and such).
                              i checked up on this and the shaikh explained that the only reason u dont eat in public when fasting, is that someone might doubt your reason for not fasting so as not to cause suspicion its better not to do that, but in your own home, then theres no issue at all. fasting is ibaddah, ppl who are fasting are not dying to eat, theyre seeking the mercy of Allah ta ala so eating in front of them isnt going to be an issue for them because theyre not interested in eating.

as for the "modesty" argument, the mothers of the beleivers radiAllahu anhuma were more modest than anyone, but they were not afraid to ask questions and seek answers about menses, in front of rasoolAllah :saw: and other men of the sahabbah. there is no shame in men knowing what menses are and that women have them, and if theyre not fasting then thats probably why.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                                The thing you can eat in another but sometimes family members walk in. For example I will go in another room to eat but if one of my family members walk in the room they will see me eating and they get offended or anything.

I don't know people think its awkward when a woman is on her period. Font have to duck and dodge if your not fasting during ramadan. It is something natural nothing shameful. And of course your family will know when you are not fasting because you didn't wake up for sahoor or fajer.

And the Sahabiyats were not shy about talking about menses. And they are much more modest than any sister among the ummah today.
                                Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                                (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Working...
                                X