Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you do/say when you're not fasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do/say when you're not fasting?

my little brother of 8 asks me why i wasnt fasting, and I was like ermm....ermm

so he ran to my dad and told him i wasnt fasting.

do you avoid eating when u can't fast? and what do you say when younger siblings ask why you're not fasting?

Re: what do you do/say when you're not fasting?

I don't have any younger siblings, but I would just tell them women have certain times where Allah says they don't have to fast and leave it at that. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Youngsoul View Post

do you avoid eating when u can't fast? and what do you say when younger siblings ask why you're not fasting?
      :salams

You're right, it's improper to eat in front of others who are fasting. So, since you're not fasting, you shouldn't eat in front of others, even if it's your little brother.

You can just say that Allah has excused the women for certain days in the Ramadan from fasting.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

someone explain this to noobz

Comment

Explain what exactly?
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
            someone explain this to noobz
            Why? Is he 8 years old too?

Comment

Originally posted by Youngsoul View Post

just tell him the truth that there are certain times when women cannot fast , its not allowed for them to do that, as he gets older he will suss why that is. really important that our boys dont grow up to be men who have no clue that women have menses and start asking women silly questions about why u arent praying or fasting.

in fact send them out to buy sanitary towels so when they have wives they will know how to care for them.
              Last edited by *asiya*; 21-08-11, 08:57 PM.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

mirrors post below pointing ^ ......

say you're sick or somin.

Comment

@asiya
                  ↑I think 8 year's a bit early to get into female anatomy.

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                  say you're sick or somin.
                  That's lying, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    ↑I think 8 year's a bit early to get into female anatomy.
                    of course you dont explain the anatomy of a woman to an 8 year old.. u just tell them its womens time of the month, and thats more than sufficent. once hes taken his biology classes in school age 12 or so he will put 2 and 2 together.and not only that but the men of the house should be helping out with household chores at this time, and taking the strain off the women on menses not allowing them to be on their feet for long periods of time, or to lift heavy things, and allow them to get some rest.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      of course you dont explain the anatomy of a woman to an 8 year old.. u just tell them its womens time of the month, and thats more than sufficent. once hes taken his biology classes in school age 12 or so he will put 2 and 2 together.
                      Undoubtedly, he will ask what she means by "time of the month," I think.

Comment

Undoubtedly, he will ask what she means by "time of the month," I think.
                        just tell the truth, that your mother/sister needs to rest and you need to help her out round the house because she doesnt feel well its enough explanation.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

That's lying, innit?
                          Well..you're not in the healthiest condition in that state...I think...

But it's a kid who doesn't have the capacity to understand what he's asking about. Better to just shrug it off. Is it wrong to deceive kids when you know they can't understand?

Comment

I'm sure it would still count as lying, even to kids.

She's not fasting because she's menstruating, not because she's sick.

If she had cramps and other pains outside of menstruation, she'd still have to fast.

So, the main excuse is menstruation.

Comment

Bleh, then just say...boys have to fast everyday...girls have to fast some days...that's the rule cuz Allah said so.

Comment

Working...
                              X