Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use of Crystals / Stones for alternative medicine???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Use of Crystals / Stones for alternative medicine???

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    isnt teething powder homeopathy? and it works...dont tell me placebos work on babys?
    Impossible. Placebois are purely psychological. A baby has no understanding of that. If it works then it works.

Comment

Homeopathy works .... I come from a family of homeopaths.

Comment

Both those links posted above are shia, all the "hadiths" cited in those links are shia, on the very first page of the forum link this advice is given to another member, if that isn't deviant/demonic behaviour, I don't know what is.

"Yes they do cleanse the Chakra area. By the way if you place a REAL Aqiq Yamani, not the Chinese kinds over your forehead in the third eye area, you will feel a tingling in your third eye area, and if you place it on the tip of your finger you can feel it vibrating. It is amazing. If you haven't already try an Aqiq Yamani."

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          isnt teething powder homeopathy? and it works...dont tell me placebos work on babys?
          That depends on the teething powder - lots of them are herbal medicines with some real active ingredients. Homeopathic remedies won't have any active ingredients in them if they're of any potency above a 6C. Placebos can work on babies and animals.

Originally posted by Haseeb123 View Post
          Impossible. Placebois are purely psychological. A baby has no understanding of that. If it works then it works.
          True, if it works it works. But it isn't true that placebos don't work on babies or animals. Placebos are psychosomatic. Have a read of this fascinating Scientific American article on the power of the placebo. It can not only change immune response, it can dampen it - thus helping with allergies - it can affect the level of hormones in your body and in one particular case help a cancer sufferer.

Let me know if that link works for you, if not I might be able to put up a pdf somewhere.

Originally posted by noobz View Post
          Homeopathy works .... I come from a family of homeopaths.
          I'm sure it does. I think it does too, unfortunately there isn't a single known scientific mechanism for it to work - and the one that is proposed has failed every independent test and flouts a fairly important law of nature. So I wouldn't call homeopathy scientifically proven, but as alternative remedies go it is one that appears for millions of people to work - to some extent. Again, don't use it for acute medicine or when you've got a stroke. Every Scientific test so far has shown that it isn't guaranteed in the same way that morphine, cyanide or nitrous oxide are, to do anything to your body. In short it appears no better than a placebo.

Edit: I've attached the pdf of the placebo article.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Joha; 22-08-11, 03:07 PM.
          ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
          a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
          worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
          a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
          and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
          (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

^ i've been using homeopathy meds since a kid , hardly ever visit a doc when i get sick ... Dont know bout the scientific part bout it but i've seen people cured of alot of diseases which alleopathy couldnt.

Comment

desi laaj ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Haseeb123 View Post
                Placebos aren't necessarily psychological in their effect. The effect could also just be by chance. Teething pain never last forever. It eventually goes away, and if it happens to go away at the moment you apply the "remedy", the remedy gets the credit. Also, the fact that the parent believes she is giving a genuine treatment could easily affect the way she interacts with the baby (eg. saying in a soothing voice "There you go, now you'll feel better."), which may also affect the behaviour of the baby.

Homeopathy is a placebo. The evidence for that is conclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by anahajara View Post
                  Ok..so i might not have worded this correct..but I have a friend that is into using crystals for alternative healing. Such as using obsiden or quartz for stress or for clarity...Some people believe that crystals have a type of energy withing them that aids the body in various ways. Some stone can be used for stress, some to increase the energy..etc. I wanted to know if these things are recognized islamically. I know the quran and prayer can get ride of alot of these things...but i didnt know if stonework was considered haram. It isnt like you are praying with the stone, or to the stone or even using them to rub or what not...but they are used for the energy that they posses.. Anyone know anything about this?
                  Less useful then rubbing your belling while hopping up and down on one foot as you chant the names of football players to cure cancer.

However, if you find rubbing a piece of crystal relaxing to the mind go with it. less stress increases healing factor.
                  Last edited by Mich; 23-08-11, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X