This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Street Muslim Brothers Selling Israeli Dates: Must Watch

I applaud the sister for her courage and determination. She didn't do anything wrong, she was speaking out about something she believes strongly in and she does this from the heart with emotion and passion and if you know about the situation in palestine then it is not difficult to understand why she is speaking the way she is. She did not use bad language or speak rudely, she did not act physically, she was pressing her points and there is nothing wrong with this.

It is a shame to see that there are still brothers from the younger generation who have the mentality that women should be seen but not heard, or not seen and not heard even. Women have a voice in islam and there is nothing wrong with expressing opinions in a proper manner. She was controlled in her speech and thought about her words and made sense, unlike the brothers who were just shouting nonsensical things and behaved physically.
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
      :jkk: amin

good points, its difficult to know where to start and what lengths to go to to be consistant with this, if we boycotted every country that is killing muslims, we would all have to have a few acres and a cow, because anyway u look at it, you are buying produce and goods that benefit an economy that is killing muslims, expecially when u live in that land.
      with regards to boycotting- I believe in the cliche line 'every little helps' people should do what they feel adequate for them and the more they do the better. It is a fact we cannot all go in to palestine and physically help the people there, that would be miraculous! but what we do from our own homes CAN make a difference, however small. Especially when there are big coorporations speaking publically in their annual meetings and reports about giving their money to israel to specifically help the zionist cause. How can any muslim be ignorant to this?? How can then one actively give money to such organisations when they know what will happen with that money?

But again we come to the point that in some way a lot of what we spend could be going there as we live in countries who support israel, so this is when we come back to people should do what they feel is adequate.

For example I know I am not going to die if I don't drink coffee from starbucks, I can drink coffee at home or elsewhere if I am out and about, I can stop myself from spending money there and so that is a form of boycott. Same with other companies, I will try and prevent myself buying from them. If you drink fizzy drinks then you can stop yourself from drinking drinks produced by those who support israel- some may say ' I really love the taste of original coke but I boycott other companies' well that is up to them but every little counts...
      "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Last edited by Grotbags; 17-08-15, 01:02 AM.
        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          yep well just take a look at this thread we have ppl on the forum who treat their sisters with the exact same distain. its not uncommon to come across this attitude from "men" nowadays.
          edit.
          Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
            I applaud the sister for her courage and determination. She didn't do anything wrong, she was speaking out about something she believes strongly in and she does this from the heart with emotion and passion and if you know about the situation in palestine then it is not difficult to understand why she is speaking the way she is. She did not use bad language or speak rudely, she did not act physically, she was pressing her points and there is nothing wrong with this.

It is a shame to see that there are still brothers from the younger generation who have the mentality that women should be seen but not heard, or not seen and not heard even. Women have a voice in islam and there is nothing wrong with expressing opinions in a proper manner. She was controlled in her speech and thought about her words and made sense, unlike the brothers who were just shouting nonsensical things and behaved physically.
            I have respect for the sister... no doubt... but there is something called haya... and though we can say " where were the men then" and make a gender war.... she didnt need to be shouting in the middle of the street.

and you may take my words negatively... i say she did well mashAllah... but for women theres a place and a way to do something... and what she did was not that for a a women...

you may say im someone who wants women to be kept silent and whatnot... i can assure you i am not a person, but lets take this from an islamic perspective... the men were wrong, no doubt, we have come to that conclusion, and some of the things he stated were just cringeworthy and out of order,esp calling the police on her and speaking to her in such a manner.
            but the way the sister went about it as well, was also incorrect.... she could have just handed out the leaflets outside quietly, and have had a more polite conversation... didnt need to make a scene if you ask me.

take it how you want, i think it was good to make it aware they were selling israeli dates, but to go out on the street and shouting... where is the haya?.... before you post saying im against this women and whatnot... think, calm... and see why i say such a thing....

women have a voice in islam no doubt, but there is a way to use that voice... and for a women that was not the correct way..... she spoke well, didnt swear, didnt say anything wrong, alhamdulilah, but the manner wasnt correct.
            Last edited by QMU; 22-08-11, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
              Time for suhoor so I have little time now;

First question has been discussed and answered here. The fact is, these dates are grown on stolen muslim land and young palestinian kids treated like dogs and made to work on these places. The profits they make are partly used against muslims, ie to buy ammo etc. so to help these people directly or indirectly is ofcourse haraam. please look at the islamqa link for more info. We should be weakening their economy, not helping it!

2. there is nothing wrong if one chooses to boycott; am not saying it is a must.
              Yeah, YOURE not saying its a must to boycott, but this ignorant lady is.

Why else would she do things like this?

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
                I have respect for the sister... no doubt... but there is something called haya... and though we can say " where were the men then" and make a gender war.... she didnt need to be shouting in the middle of the street.

and you may take my words negatively... i say she did well mashAllah... but for women theres a place and a way to do something... and what she did was not that for a a women...

you may say im someone who wants women to be kept silent and whatnot... i can assure you i am not a person, but lets take this from an islamic perspective... the men were wrong, no doubt, we have come to that conclusion, and some of the things he stated were just cringeworthy and out of order,esp calling the police on her and speaking to her in such a manner.
                but the way the sister went about it as well, was also incorrect.... she could have just handed out the leaflets outside quietly, didnt need to make a scene if you ask me.

take it how you want, i think it was good to make it aware they were selling israeli dates, but to go out on the street and shouting... where is the haya?.... before you post saying im against this women and whatnot... think, calm... and see why i say such a thing....

women have a voice in islam no doubt, but there is a way to use that voice... and for a women that was not the correct way..... she spoke well, didnt swear, didnt say anything wrong, alhamdulilah, but the manner wasnt correct.
                lol @ your last line 'before you post saying im against this women and whatnot... think, calm... and see why i say such a thing....' lol don't worry I am not the argumentative type that unfortunately we see too much of on forums due to people having 'online complexes'.

yeah I can see your point of view and in an everyday situation I would say a woman should be mild and quiet in her speech so as to avoid attention: this is the islamic wisdom behind a woman being quiet, to avoid attention.

However she was there on a purpose and that was to bring people's attention to the boycott and to the shop owners selling and also customers at the store. It was almost like a mini protest she was holding there. If we are going to say women shouldn't speak loudly to make a point regarding a serious situation, then we could say women are not allowed at all at protests as what use would a quiet woman be?

I do believe there is a time and place for women to speak in such ways, and as an individual I do not see anything wrong with how the sister was speaking- she was passionate about the cause. This is just my personal opinion and I can understand your opinion also.
                Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                  lol @ your last line 'before you post saying im against this women and whatnot... think, calm... and see why i say such a thing....' lol don't worry I am not the argumentative type that unfortunately we see too much of on forums due to people having 'online complexes'.

yeah I can see your point of view and in an everyday situation I would say a woman should be mild and quiet in her speech so as to avoid attention: this is the islamic wisdom behind a woman being quiet, to avoid attention.

However she was there on a purpose and that was to bring people's attention to the boycott and to the shop owners selling and also customers at the store. It was almost like a mini protest she was holding there. If we are going to say women shouldn't speak loudly to make a point regarding a serious situation, then we could say women are not allowed at all at protests as what use would a quiet woman be?

I do believe there is a time and place for women to speak in such ways, and as an individual I do not see anything wrong with how the sister was speaking- she was passionate about the cause. This is just my personal opinion and I can understand your opinion also.
                  agreed..... i use that point of quiet because its an attribute,good character of a women to possess such a quality. I dont know about the ruling of protests, but in this case all the attention was on this sister alone... if you know what i mean... if you talk about protests in a large quantity, then you dont really bring attention to youself soley... in this case she was alone... and on the streets she was bringing this attention, thus why i made that point. Alhamdulilah she was successful in her purpose as the store have taken out the dates.

That bit about the calmness lol, was just a binding agreement trying not to divert and make it a heated thread lol.. esp being in month of ramadan en all.

Comment

Massive over-reaction tbh.

Give out leaflets and inform people but there is no need to be aggressive and shout in the streets.

The sister has alot of heart but I don't agree with how she was causing a scene in the store, she was shouting.

The brother shouldn't have taken the phone but lets not make him out to be some criminal.

Learn and move on.

Comment

Problem is not the sister speaking too loud, it's not the filming, it's not the confrontation, it is this guy selling dates tainted with blood of Muslims, dates that grew on stolen land by settlers. They should be shoved into his throat if he likes them so much
                      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Love the one whom you love to a certain degree (moderately), perhaps one day he will be someone for whom you have hatred, and hate the one for whom you have hatred to a certain degree (moderately), perhaps one day he will be one whom you love." [al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
                          Massive over-reaction tbh.

Give out leaflets and inform people but there is no need to be aggressive and shout in the streets.

The sister has alot of heart but I don't agree with how she was causing a scene in the store, she was shouting.

The brother shouldn't have taken the phone but lets not make him out to be some criminal.

Learn and move on.
                          I agree with the 'overreacting' part. The sister could have handled the situation better by addressing it in a more polite manner without drawing so much attention and making the shopkeepers more angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                            Problem is not the sister speaking too loud, it's not the filming, it's not the confrontation, it is this guy selling dates tainted with blood of Muslims, dates that grew on stolen land by settlers. They should be shoved into his throat if he likes them so much
                            I recall the guy claiming he wouldn't open his fast with those dates. I doubt he was the manager or the guy responsible for purchasing those dates in the first place.

You go into a store, rant and rave, emotions are going to run high and we all saw the result. Both were wrong in way or another but I don't think this incident should be blown out of proportion.

Slightly off-topic, but I remember reading somewhere that some of the date farms (?) taken over by the Israelis use Palestinian workers.

I try to boycott Israeli goods, at the same time how many of us buy, use american and uk products?

People should do what they can, but not get carried away. Yeh, it annoys me when my Muslim mates say they don't care if x, y or z is Israeli or American, but people have a choice to buy or do what they want, you can inform people, but the choice is theres.

Comment

I do have a question .... what bout US , UK , France , Russia , China and other countries products who kill muslims openly? ..

Why do we single out israel only? ...

Though i do agree , even if it were to make a needle's difference , i would still do it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                                I do have a question .... what bout US , UK , France , Russia , China and other countries products who kill muslims openly? ..

Why do we single out israel only? ...

Though i do agree , even if it were to make a needle's difference , i would still do it.
                                Israel is an easy target, everyone hates them. The Arab and Muslim media focus heavily on Israeli crimes, yet let everything else slide.

What the Americans have done in Iraq and Afghanistan in terms of casualties and destruction is much worse than what is happening in Palestine. Situation in Somalia, Sudan and a whole host of other regions are more severe than the one we find in Palestine.

American products, UK, French, Chinese and people are silent.

Just the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X