• Re: Green Street Muslim Brothers Selling Israeli Dates: Must Watch

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Boycotting the shop?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
          Indeed
          1. Is selling 'Israeli' dates or other products haraam?

2. Do we boycott every business or trader if they are involved in something haraam?

Comment

1. Is selling 'Israeli' dates or other products haraam?

2. Do we boycott every business or trader if they are involved in something haraam?
            Time for suhoor so I have little time now;

First question has been discussed and answered here. The fact is, these dates are grown on stolen muslim land and young palestinian kids treated like dogs and made to work on these places. The profits they make are partly used against muslims, ie to buy ammo etc. so to help these people directly or indirectly is ofcourse haraam. please look at the islamqa link for more info. We should be weakening their economy, not helping it!

2. there is nothing wrong if one chooses to boycott; am not saying it is a must.

Comment

Time for suhoor so I have little time now;

First question has been discussed and answered here. The fact is, these dates are grown on stolen muslim land and young palestinian kids treated like dogs and made to work on these places. The profits they make are partly used against muslims, ie to buy ammo etc. so to help these people directly or indirectly is ofcourse haraam. please look at the islamqa link for more info. We should be weakening their economy, not helping it!

2. there is nothing wrong if one chooses to boycott; am not saying it is a must.
              I thought the campaign was about boycotting products of that state. If we were to boycott everyone who voluntarily or through taxes contributed towards governments that are actively killing Muslims, then the total number of Muslims in most of the 'NATO countries' should be ZERO.

If you boycott this business, then the least you can do is be consistent. Boycott every business that sells anything that is made or contains parts made in China. Boycott every business that sells British produce. A lot of fruit and veg is imported from European countries that supported killing Muslims so boycott every business that sells Spanish oranges and tomatoes for example. No milk and bread from shops selling cigarettes. Etc...

I'm not saying that people should not boycott but if they are going to go to these lengths then go all the way.

Comment

I do agree with that.
                But the shop owner removed the israeli dates....so why the assault on the shop?

Comment

Congrats to the sister for having the guts to do the right thing. There are a lot of people talking the talk but very few actually willing to walk the walk. May Allah (SWT) bless us with more people like her.

As for those criticizing her: what have you done? It really easy to be a keyboard warrior but a wholly different thing to do something in RL. CHAO!
                  Salam! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Dhahabi View Post
                    only a munafiq will tell a woman to go to palestine and fight while he sits in good ole blighty in peace and security.Something to bare in mind.
                    ....I wouldn't call him a munafiq. That's a bit extreme, no?

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    Video has spread like wildfire anyway. Even facebook groups calling for the boycott of the business
                    That's also a bit extreme....

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                    But the shop owner removed the israeli dates....so why the assault on the shop?
                    Exactly, I don't think people fully watched the video if they are saying things like that. At the end, it was removed, so why boycott the store?
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

Exactly, I don't think people fully watched the video if they are saying things like that. At the end, it was removed, so why boycott the store?
                      Probably hidden from view until the confrontation was dealt with.

Comment

If some1 was selling Israeli stuff in pak and the molvis found out .... oh boy , it would only end with gunshots.

Comment

awesome jazakallah
                          "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                          Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

I'm not condoning either of their actions, but he snatched her phone when she started shouting at him. Up til that point I think it was fairly restrained on both parts and should've just been left like that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                              Lowlives treating a sister like that.
                              yep well just take a look at this thread we have ppl on the forum who treat their sisters with the exact same distain. its not uncommon to come across this attitude from "men" nowadays.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by ..wadi.. View Post
                                Sorry to disappoint you Shamil but i'm not on this forum 24/7, and even if i was i wouldn't have said anything to MG because in her post she clearly makes a point to remind those reading she wasn't referring to asians generally but to 'a lot' of those she has 'come across'. You on the other hand made the sweeping statement 'the black community can learn'. Free of any distinctions, or context, but full of generalisations and assumptions (of an imaginary 'black community' to point the finger at).

Thinking about your off-topic point in this thread it is petty and moot, as one person (MG) chose her words carefully and did not chastise or finger wag at a whole imaginary 'community', while the other person (you), did the opposite. Only after i pointed out to you the error in your wording did you try to distinguish or clarify what you meant. MG didn't have to do that as the the clarity and distinction in her post was clear for all to see, unlike yours. Thats the difference. You seemed to have missed or ignored that in your eagerness to make a correlation between the two.

I don't think expecting people to be able to use basic distinction within their own posts without my help makes me a 'racist', but if throwing labels around gives you a chuckle or some kind of vindication, then go ahead. It only reflects your own character.
                                :jkk: amin ( some ppl who go round calling ppl racists because they stand up against division based on race, skin colour and tribalisim, also need to remember that ppl like me have them on ignore already and i dont get to read their posts unless i see them by mistake when quoted by someone else)

I thought the campaign was about boycotting products of that state. If we were to boycott everyone who voluntarily or through taxes contributed towards governments that are actively killing Muslims, then the total number of Muslims in most of the 'NATO countries' should be ZERO.

If you boycott this business, then the least you can do is be consistent. Boycott every business that sells anything that is made or contains parts made in China. Boycott every business that sells British produce. A lot of fruit and veg is imported from European countries that supported killing Muslims so boycott every business that sells Spanish oranges and tomatoes for example. No milk and bread from shops selling cigarettes. Etc...

I'm not saying that people should not boycott but if they are going to go to these lengths then go all the way.

good points, its difficult to know where to start and what lengths to go to to be consistant with this, if we boycotted every country that is killing muslims, we would all have to have a few acres and a cow, because anyway u look at it, you are buying produce and goods that benefit an economy that is killing muslims, expecially when u live in that land.
                                Last edited by *asiya*; 22-08-11, 01:51 PM.
                                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                                X