Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading English Translation of Qu'ran Or Reading It As An App On Iphone.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading English Translation of Qu'ran Or Reading It As An App On Iphone.....

Basically my question is, would i need to be in a state of wudhu when i read it in english or on my iphone?
    It's not that i don't want to perform wudhu, but i don't practice, hardly pray hence why i dont have spare clean clothes always lying about for me to wear after wudhu, not that i sit in around in dirty clothes allday, but you get my point.

But anyway, i'm trying this year, even been fasting and really want to read the english translation qu'ran in my house, so whats your views on this people?

Thank you in advance

Re: Reading English Translation of Qu'ran Or Reading It As An App On Iphone.....

Helloooooo, serious question alert!
    Can anyone help plz?

Comment

Re: Reading English Translation of Qu'ran Or Reading It As An App On Iphone.....

i dont think u need wudu as english translation is not considered as being quran so the same rules dont apply but people may do wudu even before touching english ones just out of respect but technically its not quran so u dont have to. but is ur translation in a book together with the arabic or seperate by itself??
      but also y do u need to have change of clothes after doing wudu, if u dont have it then its not neccassary? as long as ur clothes are clean its fine to do wudu & keep ur same clothes on?
      but yes go ahead & read the translation insha Allah :up: also if ur worried abt this issue u could read it off the computer screen?
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        i dont think u need wudu as english translation is not considered as being quran so the same rules dont apply but people may do wudu even before touching english ones just out of respect but technically its not quran so u dont have to. but is ur translation in a book together with the arabic or seperate by itself??
        but also y do u need to have change of clothes after doing wudu, if u dont have it then its not neccassary? as long as ur clothes are clean its fine to do wudu & keep ur same clothes on?
        but yes go ahead & read the translation insha Allah :up: also if ur worried abt this issue u could read it off the computer screen?
        Hi, thanks for the reply, in terms of clothes, i've always been told that clean clothes is a must when touching the quran or performing salat.
        But ye that makes a big difference then, because i love reading on long train journeys and i'm always reluctant about opening the quran app on my iphone thinking i'm not in wudhu.

Comment

thats clean in terms of not having anything impure on it though, so your clothes that youve been wearing can still be classed as clean?
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Even if its Arabic your reading, your phone is not a mushaf as it is a digital device. No one will describe your phone as a Mushaf would they? So no wudhu is required from what I've been told.
            http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Alhamdulillah the questions been answered for you so i wish to quickly touch on importance of salaah. Islam is built on five pillars and the second one is salaah. Salaah was revealed in the heavens (night of isra) which signifies its high status. The Prophet sall Allaahu alayhi wasallam said "between a man (a believer) and shirk and kufr is salaah." Saheeh Bukhaari.

Our sister Anna has advised you regarding the clothes issue so strive to pray the 5 salawaat a day. Know, may Allaah guide you, that a person who does not pray, then his fast will not benefit him. Observe your salaah, then fast & read Quraan. Salaah is priority. Its the first thing we will be questioned about on day of judgement.

May Allaah guide you & us to do good deeds & to worship him, alone, as He deserves to be worshipped. Aameen wAllaahu a'lam.
              :lailah:

This world is all work no real pleasure; the Hereafter is ALL pleasure, no work! ;)

:ahb:

Comment

Working...
              X