Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on beating procrastination?

Asalamu alaykum

When I have assignments to do or things to study I tend to procrastinate. I get my stuff done, however i could have finished it earlier if I wasn't procrastinating.

If I am online i tend to go off and read other things, Facebook, forums.

And then if i am not doing that, I go and read Qur'an, read another book, cook.

I don't classify Qur'an necessarily as wasting my time though. However i still need to do good in my dunya studies you know what I mean?

What effective ways have you used? And i know it all starts with me making an effort and I do really try. I have to say though have improved since last year lol.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Re: Tips on beating procrastination?

:wswrwb:

Set time! :insha:

11am to 1pm - Homework
    1pm - 2pm - Read Quran
    2pm - 4pm - More Homework
    4pm - 5pm - Go online.

This is just an example. But, the point is to stick to it, meaning, turn off everthing else, while you're doing that certain thing.

Of course, you can take salah breaks, and other 5-10 mins stuff.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

mirror schedule:

wake up and go online shortly until bedtime

:D

Comment

i try to save any online time for when i have absoloutly nothing to do. if i go online or on the computer i know i will put things off.
        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
          Asalamu alaykum

When I have assignments to do or things to study I tend to procrastinate. I get my stuff done, however i could have finished it earlier if I wasn't procrastinating.

If I am online i tend to go off and read other things, Facebook, forums.

And then if i am not doing that, I go and read Qur'an, read another book, cook.

I don't classify Qur'an necessarily as wasting my time though. However i still need to do good in my dunya studies you know what I mean?

What effective ways have you used? And i know it all starts with me making an effort and I do really try. I have to say though have improved since last year lol.
          Salam everyone

Yes I do the same. Unfortunately there is no way about it but just using sheer will power and ask Allah to help you with your matter.
          Oh Allah, please make my best day the Day I meet You to answer for my sins, and please have mercy on the believers on the Day our deeds will be judged

Comment

salaams to all

i was going to post something here but i think i'll do it some other time.
            lol.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Cut the internet and use real books.
              Or go to the library, this is what i call being a real student, a real student goes to the library:o

Although i don't know what you are studying?
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                i try to save any online time for when i have absoloutly nothing to do. if i go online or on the computer i know i will put things off.
                If you have nothing to do all day then maybe you should get a job.
                please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

I like the idea of the schedule type thing, MashaAllah.

jazakAllah khyr for the advice! InshaAllah i don't waste my time. What do you all think about working at night though? And when is a good time to sleep?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                  [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by shafsbhai View Post
                    i have nothing to do all day also ... can i babysit u?

Comment

lol
                      please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

I'm not sure put a timer on your computer so you won't stay on for long?

This article helped me http://www.positivityblog.com/index....timeless-tips/

Comment

What do you all think about working at night though?
                          Not very late.

But, I know some people who sleep after coming home from school and then wake up and do homework and go to school again the next day. =\

And when is a good time to sleep?
                          At night. :D
                          "And have made your sleep as a thing for rest. And have made the night as a covering (through its darkness), And have made the day for livelihood." [78:9-11]
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by shafsbhai View Post
                            i do have a job. thanks.
                            painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I like the idea of the schedule type thing, MashaAllah.

jazakAllah khyr for the advice! InshaAllah i don't waste my time. What do you all think about working at night though? And when is a good time to sleep?
                              Unfortunately I gotta do nights hafl the time,

as akhi Mirror posted Allah ta'ala made the nights so we can rest, it is a natural system which rejuvinates our bodies ...

I even work with an Insomniac a lot of the time ...

:jkk:
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X