Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubstep?

Is dubstep haram to listen to?
    Its mainly just instrumental computer generated music that an instrument can't make
    No singing voice or anything so no bad lyrics

If you want to see what I'm talking about watch this video (2min) that combines VFX with dubstep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDlif8Km4S4

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Re: Dubstep?

Even if it isn't haraam, it should be made haraam just for how crap it is, all you hear is woba woba woba wa wa wa proper crazy psychotic music

It is haraam though

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Comment

y r so many people into this crap
      The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
      The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
      Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
      This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
      –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

Why would you want to listen to dubstep :-/

Comment

i'll listen to it after iftari cause im curious what it is ..

Comment

when my daughter was about 11 years old (shes thirteen now) she was into this dubstep. i used to take her down the gym i work in and let he practise in the jujitsu room there. it didnt take long before she had me in there with her learning it as well. for a 40 year old, twenty odd stone , arthritic knees and not blessed in the fitness department it was quite a sight to see lol. we used to do it every weekend and had a little routine all worked. ;)

thank god that she stopped listening to it and didnt want to practise it anymore. :)

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Why would one form of music be haram in comparison to another lol?
              As far as i believe, music isnt haraam, its the content, if the lyrics are against the message of islam (you know songs about ho's, alcohol and smokin weed etc) then ye i can understand that being haraam, but theres alot of conscious hip hop and spoken word poetry out there, that is NOT haraam.
              Dubstep is just headache music, cant do with too much of it, follow hip hop, especially the underground heads!

Comment

Originally posted by Koshur View Post
                Why would one form of music be haram in comparison to another lol?
                As far as i believe, music isnt haraam, its the content, if the lyrics are against the message of islam (you know songs about ho's, alcohol and smokin weed etc) then ye i can understand that being haraam, but theres alot of conscious hip hop and spoken word poetry out there, that is NOT haraam.
                Dubstep is just headache music, cant do with too much of it, follow hip hop, especially the underground heads!
                The Prophet pbuh forbade musical instruments and prophesied a time will come when Muslims will make them halal.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                  The Prophet pbuh forbade musical instruments and prophesied a time will come when Muslims will make them halal.
                  :banan:

Comment

^ :scratch: :S
                    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                      All instruments? I thought it was just some/most?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                        All instruments? I thought it was just some/most?
                        single sided drum is permissible :up:
                        The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
                        The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
                        Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
                        This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
                        –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

I can't sleep when it's quiet. I can always here the traffic loud from my bedroom window, when I close my window I can't sleep. Even in the winter I leave it open.

I remember when I lived abroad for a while, the fan/ac always used to be on and I loved the noise they made so when I came back to the UK I had to have a fan on in my room.

When I revise, I can't revise unless it's noisy. I once fell asleep in the Cinema whilst watching X Men

Comment

^ Are you lost?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                            www.QuranicAudio.com
                            www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                              ^ Are you lost?
                              What?! I did, the new X Men film I fell asleep lol... it was so funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X