• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kilts

I'm more comfortable in shalwar kameez
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I think the tartan patterns denote which clan you're from.

Comment

few issues to consider:

'awrah,
        awrah exposed or not during sujood,
        imitating the opp gender,
        imitating the kuffaar/their religious thing.

ask seekersguidance.org
        Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
        فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
          Does Islam allow wearing kilts? I found this picture on the internet and I think it's a cool look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47161[/ATTACH]
          dude, just lengthen it by 2 feet & u are all set!
          46 & 2?

Comment

all that just to get noticed and attention? jiga-tabi aint helping no more?
            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Im surprised nobody mentioned the hadeeth "whoever imitates a people is of them "

If these kilts are worn by ONLY the kuffaar in scotland then stay away. I have no knowledge whether Muslims up there wear them so you'll have to research it bro. In any case i would not get it.
              :lailah:

This world is all work no real pleasure; the Hereafter is ALL pleasure, no work! ;)

:ahb:

Comment

Why not wear a ma'awiis? it's juist a longer form of a kilt. I'm Somali so it's in my culture but people from Indonesia and Yemen wear it as well, here's a pic. http://gallery.photo.net/photo/4509239-md.jpg
                "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by alGhurabaa77 View Post
                  Im surprised nobody mentioned the hadeeth "whoever imitates a people is of them "

If these kilts are worn by ONLY the kuffaar in scotland then stay away. I have no knowledge whether Muslims up there wear them so you'll have to research it bro. In any case i would not get it.
                  I don't mean to debate, but say a Scottish person became Muslim. Why can't he keep his culture and follow Islam? That isn't imitating anyone, it's just him keeping his culture and being Islamic.
                  وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                  "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                  Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                  [2:186]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by alGhurabaa77 View Post

Here is Sheikh Riad Quarzazi wearing a kilt.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	74222_10150315460150525_844320524_15634412_4143252_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	10733688
                    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                      I don't mean to debate, but say a Scottish person became Muslim. Why can't he keep his culture and follow Islam? That isn't imitating anyone, it's just him keeping his culture and being Islamic.
                      Some people (salafis) are being ott again. since when did the shalwaar kammez become attributed to being Islamic for example?

Comment

also urdu/punjabi is not an Islamic language so all you are doing is imitating the people of jahiliyah so stop speaking that language pakistani people

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u View Post
                          also urdu/punjabi is not an Islamic language so all you are doing is imitating the people of jahiliyah so stop speaking that language pakistani people
                          This topic is very large ... I also dont get why scholars say its alright to wear jeans and shirts but then they say that isnt something that makes the kuffar different anymore since its entered into Muslim societies and muslims also wear them on a daily basis.

But there are certain thing that will differentiate the kuffar from us such as the fashionable things they wear or do such as wearing chains , etc

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                            Does Islam allow wearing kilts? I found this picture on the internet and I think it's a cool look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47161[/ATTACH]
                            All i can say is that ......MAshAllah , you must be really courages to attempt to wear this in public !
                            Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by Humble Warrior View Post
                              @wolfn see what this guy is wearing at 00:08 seconds
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLyD...eature=related
                              Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                              Thats Part Of His jubbah
                              ok so its called Jubbah haan? wolfn wear jubbah man! :D
                              like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
                              [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Well so long as the kilt goes past the knees and you wear appropriate length underwear underneath (such a long shorts), dont see whats the issue with them as culturally they are known to be kilts and not skirts...

The pattern of tartan on every kilt denotes the clan the person is from/associated with.
                                You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X