Kilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilts

Does Islam allow wearing kilts? I found this picture on the internet and I think it's a cool look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UtiliKilt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	10781890
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Kilts

Looool I wouldnt wear that even if u give me 1k man..

But I think it should be okay to wear it since it does cover ur knees which is the deadline for ur awrah..
    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
      Looool I wouldnt wear that even if u give me 1k man..

But I think it should be okay to wear it since it does cover ur knees which is the deadline for ur awrah..
      It's a unique look. I think it looks cool.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

why would u wear a skirt? ... when u sit down , every1 can see ur undies. its a no no.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
          why would u wear a skirt? ... when u sit down , every1 can see ur undies. its a no no.
          Lol, its not a skirt. Anyway, plenty of women manage to wear skirts without being immodest.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
            It's a kilt, not a skirt. There's a difference.

Comment

sorry but in todays world wearing that is plain stupid :)
              like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
              [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

well it covers the awrah....

Comment

It's not cool. It's the very opposite of cool.

And whilst it covers the 'awrah, the more likely issue with it is whether or not its 'imitating the opposite gender', which would render it haram.
                  "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post

And whilst it covers the 'awrah, the more likely issue with it is whether or not its 'imitating the opposite gender', which would render it haram.
                    It was traditionally worn by men in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Usrnam View Post
                      It was traditionally worn by men in Scotland.
                      I am aware of that.

But it's still not cool.
                      "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

the kilt dress up isnt complete without bagpipes ... plz buy bagpipes while ur at it.

Comment

Couldn't that be said about a thobe or Shalwar kameez? Heck, a shalwar kameez is worn by both men AND women. And regarding the thobe, many non-Muslims say it looks like a dress because of the free-flow nature of the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                            Does Islam allow wearing kilts? I found this picture on the internet and I think it's a cool look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47161[/ATTACH]
                            Above the ankles - check
                            Not made from silk - check
                            Covering the awrah - check

I can't see why not it should be haram, no different to bangladeshi people wearing langees or whatever they call it.

Comment

I am aware of that.

But it's still not cool.
                              I wasn't saying that to say it is cool, I was saying it to say it is not imitating the opposite gender.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X