Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't cook

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't cook

    Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

    My mother has been gone to another country to take car eof something. I am left alone and my cooking is terrible! I really feel low about myself. Whatever recipe I look into, it is all weird and full of ingredients which means that I need a lot of money to just get the ingredients ready!

    I know some basic meals, but my bread and some other things just do not come out right! The bread is okay, but in two days it gets weird that you can't even eat it. i have been throwing my food away like an ungreatful person. I think throwing good food away is haram? Throwing any food away is haram, right? Except the rotten one. But why did it get rotten? Why make so much!

    Can anyone get me recipes worthy to make? Something with basic and with not many ingredients.
    Last edited by Rasema; 13-08-11, 05:56 PM.

  • #2
    Re: I can't cook

    :wswrwb:

    Why don't you look in to making simple things? Those which you can make with not that much ingredients. There are literally millions things, if you just google them.

    How come is your bread expiring in two days? :scratch: Check the date on the package before buying :insha:

    Anyways, if it's still eatable, then don't throw it away. Feed it to the birds or something. Allah will reward you for it.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

    "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I can't cook

      Fresh bread is supposed to go stale and dry after a day or two. That means if it tastes good the first day but not a day or two later then you are making the bread correctly alhamdullilah. The next day when it gets a bit dry and hard, then it's not as nice for sandwiches n things but it is much better to serve with soups cos' it becomes more absorbent. Maybe if you want the bread to keep for longer then you might need to freeze some of it?

      The reason why the bread in the shops looks fresh for several days is because they add artificial preservatives to it, but those aren't very healthy. If the food has gone bad then you should throw it away. Yes we shouldnt' waste food but we shouldn't consume rotting food either.

      (btw I am tempted to ask if someone will be justified in beating you up if the food doesn't turn out right- admins edit this line out if you think that's a bad idea).
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I can't cook

        ↑Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. The last lines. :S

        Anyways, she can use the bread from store. I didn't know people make breads nowadays. Well, maybe some do.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I can't cook

          When you're buying bread (or anything for that matter, that you know will take a while to finish), rummage around for the ones with the latest expire dates.

          Don't keep bread in warm, humid places...I find keeping it in the fridge or freezer makes them last longer and all you have to do is microwave or toast them when needed.

          If you're on your own, buy the smaller toast portions.

          There are plenty of simple recipes out there...remember practice makes prefect.
          "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I can't cook

            Originally posted by neelu View Post
            Fresh bread is supposed to go stale and dry after a day or two. That means if it tastes good the first day but not a day or two later then you are making the bread correctly alhamdullilah. The next day when it gets a bit dry and hard, then it's not as nice for sandwiches n things but it is much better to serve with soups cos' it becomes more absorbent. Maybe if you want the bread to keep for longer then you might need to freeze some of it?

            The reason why the bread in the shops looks fresh for several days is because they add artificial preservatives to it, but those aren't very healthy. If the food has gone bad then you should throw it away. Yes we shouldnt' waste food but we shouldn't consume rotting food either.

            (btw I am tempted to ask if someone will be justified in beating you up if the food doesn't turn out right- admins edit this line out if you think that's a bad idea).
            No, sister, not at all. This is what I hate, if your brother who has authority over you disciplines you becyuse you did something wrong, hits you, others think wrong things about him ,that he is evil and all.

            I really like that you understood what bread I am talking about. My mother's lasts much longer and these breads require a lots of flour, so it's a waste and all..

            Anyways, thanks for your beautiful advice. i wish you or anyone could give me your native recipes, sbecause I am kind of tired of my mother's food anyway :(
            Last edited by Rasema; 13-08-11, 06:10 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I can't cook

              Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              ↑Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. The last lines. :S

              Anyways, she can use the bread from store. I didn't know people make breads nowadays. Well, maybe some do.
              She is okay :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I can't cook

                Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
                When you're buying bread (or anything for that matter, that you know will take a while to finish), rummage around for the ones with the latest expire dates.

                Don't keep bread in warm, humid places...I find keeping it in the fridge or freezer makes them last longer and all you have to do is microwave or toast them when needed.

                If you're on your own, buy the smaller toast portions.

                There are plenty of simple recipes out there...remember practice makes prefect.
                No, I am not on my own. We make bread the old fashion way. You take flour, put salt, yeast, and mix it with water. It's like making dough.

                Jazzak Allah

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I can't cook

                  Oh!

                  Well, then maybe you can buy the bread until your mother gets back or eat something else?
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                  "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I can't cook

                    Is it better to buy bread, or make your own makes me wonder? My mother keeps telling me "your this and this old and you do not know how to make bread!"

                    But no, my brothers and mother and okay. We all come from families that judge us and smack us when we were younger! On some occasions, it doesn't make me oppressed and them abusive.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I can't cook

                      You can find easy recipes on the Internet and bread keeps longer in the fridge!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I can't cook

                        try make chicken fahita (maybe it's not right name)
                        Ingredient: chicken (without any bone, 350 gr), Onion (1 clop, chopped), Garlics (3 clops or more, depended your taste :D, chopped), Tomatos (2 large enough, chopped), pepper as you like, Olive oil (it's just option, if you don't have it, it's okay, you can use butter), and salt ...*you can also add some vegetable if you like, (carrot, beans, and whatever that you think it will make it better :D ).
                        How to make:
                        1. Boil water, insert chicken, add less salt. Then, make it pieces as your taste.
                        2. Using pan, melt 1 spoon of butter or Olive oil
                        3. Add Garlics, then add also onion when it makes good smell
                        4. Add tomato, and cook it with small fire until all of tomatos melt.. then add peppers and salt as you like, you can add 2 palm fruits if you like.
                        5. Step 2,3,4 are for make sauces. After it's done, add the chicken to the pan and cook 1 minute. and it's ready
                        that's easy to use, simple.. and no need so many ingredients. Good luck ;)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I can't cook

                          eat subway
                          Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

                          ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                          فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                            eat subway
                            Nasty and expensive.

                            You can try making recipes with some basic ingredients like eggs, potatoes, onions. Vegetables are easier to cook then meat, and often taste nicer. Pasta is also easy to cook.

                            http://www.videojug.com/ is a very good website.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I can't cook

                              yeh u can boil an egg. i can give u multi-million dollar recipe of it if u wish..
                              Most Charming Kitten

                              Only in Pakistan

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X