X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ze leetle elper
    replied
    Re: Visiting different temples

Hmm I see your point, however I do feel that dawah, done properly and effectively IS a tool to both invite people and refute their false beliefs at the same time. Yes it is nice to get into the science of it all and dissect their books etc, but I think it is beter to instead speak the truth and the message which will naturally dispel the falsehood. Of course this is not to say that having knowledge of others beliefs is not an effective tool, it is. But for the large majority of the people here, it is best to do good actions, have good manners and therefore spread dawah- this is most effective for the layman.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
    ^^ I don't know how that applies to someone who, admits they have basic knowledge, wants to go into a community of non Muslims and 'argue' with them for the sake of coming out on top.
    Dawah is done so that we may be a means for Islam to reach others ... our motives have to be Good ... Not selfish this goes without saying.

I was just pointing out the Fact that assuming one has good Motives/Desires to Do Dawah, he needs to have the Knowledge to refute Ba'atil too ...

which many people neglect, probably because they are more concerned about hurting Non-Muslims feelings ...

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

^^ I don't know how that applies to someone who, admits they have basic knowledge, wants to go into a community of non Muslims and 'argue' with them for the sake of coming out on top.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

You just saud yourself you want to face the enemies of Allah (?)

It seems as though your purpose of going is not going to benefit anyone because you are going with the intention of catching someone out or making someone look/ feel stupid or winning an argument for the sake of it.

RaazielTemp: I am not sure what you are referring to?
    Ukthi the Nabiyeen did Dawah and refuted Ba'atil at the same time, this is what the Quran states ...

You can Do Dawah and Invite others towards Islam, but if you can't refute their Ba'atil beliefs it won't be effective ...

also Allah tabarak wata'ala states Explicitly that we are a Nation which Enjoins Good and Forbids the Evil ...

If you Forbid Evil/Munkar you are by default refuting Ba'atil ...

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Rasema View Post
    I am not giving daw'ah. i am curious. Fine! I beleive what we bring out against Christians is not valid or completely true.

I believe they are very unexplained people, so I want to ask them. It reminds me of the horror movies I once used to watch and such. And in the weird way they look at me...

I have no clue how is daw'ah given. I know manners rae needed. I am not violent or anything.

I find it very interessting when tehy cannot answer some questions and I act as if i am qestioning out of curiosity. So later is funny how tey end up confused an ddoubtul...

i find group activities corney...
    Mass confusion and self-contradicton ...

May Allah ta'ala make your path clear and Guide you,

Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

sorry I don't think I can help you, I don't think you undersand my point and I don't know what you are talking about to be frank.

Leave a comment:

• Rasema
    replied

It seems as though your purpose of going is not going to benefit anyone because you are going with the intention of catching someone out or making someone look/ feel stupid or winning an argument for the sake of it.

Is it haram? Well, it is only because I go by the place heading somwhere else. So why not stop by and see if they would maybe question their own selves to wha tI know about their books. And I am also curious to know if I am accurate. This is wha tyou guys should make sure, tha tyou are accurate befor eyou present your views against theirs. This way you won't look stupid to them and then tehy will listen to you. Some give them your own interpretations of the Bible, which is ridiculous even though you may be correct. iT IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT. Yet, internet is full of that.

neitehr is logic something you shoudl argue with them based on your scripture. They beleive also that they do not know what is right and what is wrong. SO since I am there, why not benefit in some way. I just thought it is wrong to go inside these kaffir places.

And I got some special company with me that will help me, I hope!

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

I am not giving daw'ah. i am curious. Fine! I beleive what we bring out against Christians is not valid or completely true.

I believe they are very unexplained people, so I want to ask them. It reminds me of the horror movies I once used to watch and such. And in the weird way they look at me...

I have no clue how is daw'ah given. I know manners rae needed. I am not violent or anything.

I find it very interessting when tehy cannot answer some questions and I act as if i am qestioning out of curiosity. So later is funny how tey end up confused an ddoubtul...

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

lol dont go looking for trouble

instead of going to an xtian church just speak with an xtian that u personally know or something .... they'll give u stupid answers anyway and try and play into ur emotions with their garbage sob story

Leave a comment:

• shafsbhai
    replied

not all xtians are ignorant or stupid. what if you meet a xtian who makes you feel stupid and makes you doubt your deen??

Leave a comment:

• Rasema
    replied

Last edited by Rasema; 13-08-11, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

would you appreciate or even listen to a random person turning up on your doorstep and telling you how to run your household?

Dawah is not going out and purposely antagonising or annoying people. It is not arguing for the sake of coming out smelling of flowers nor is it fighting enemies of Allah (whatever this means). It is inviting people and speaking the truth so it is heard by those who are listening. It would be better as one poster said above to hold a talk or conference of some sort if you like and give a small talk there and let those who are interested come to you.

You say yourself you know the basics, you need to know much more to be able to give another person sufficient answers and information. Also you must be awar of HOW dawah is done, it is a delicate skill and not everyone has this skill and ability to talk and speak with other people.
    UKthi with all due respect, if one cannot refute Ba'atil then doing Dawah becomes very difficult ...

if we take the example of the Nabiyeen(as), we see that as part of Inviting others to Islam, they Refuted the Ba'atil beliefs of others with Reason/Logic etc ...

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

[QUOTE=haque;4355344]yea, how would you like a bunch of kufaar coming to the masjid to bang some "sense" into the muslims??

Live and let live![/QUOTE]

This isn't Islam by the way ...

thats the way of the Kuffar ...

learn about Dawah ...

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Asslamu Alaykum wa rahnatu Allah wa barakatuh

I understand it is better for women to stay at home and pray at home. Anyhow, I was walking to the store to seek a job today and I came along a Church, Jewish temple, and some unitarian place that combines all religions. I plan on visiting all of these three temples, but not with an intent to look what is inside these temples, rather I want to ask them questions, logical questions that refutes their fath in a way. I also plan to discuss about their scripture with their head people of the church or someone.

Should I go? Because I find it ominous to visit these places and as far as I know, some fatwas disallow this>..Allahu Alam

I ust want to face the enemies of Allah, azz wa jall. Can I go?
    My Advice ? Take sister Asiya's advice ...

:jkk: Wa alaikum salam warah matullah ukthi ...

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

would you appreciate or even listen to a random person turning up on your doorstep and telling you how to run your household?

Dawah is not going out and purposely antagonising or annoying people. It is not arguing for the sake of coming out smelling of flowers nor is it fighting enemies of Allah (whatever this means). It is inviting people and speaking the truth so it is heard by those who are listening. It would be better as one poster said above to hold a talk or conference of some sort if you like and give a small talk there and let those who are interested come to you.

You say yourself you know the basics, you need to know much more to be able to give another person sufficient answers and information. Also you must be awar of HOW dawah is done, it is a delicate skill and not everyone has this skill and ability to talk and speak with other people.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X