Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting different temples

Asslamu Alaykum wa rahnatu Allah wa barakatuh

I understand it is better for women to stay at home and pray at home. Anyhow, I was walking to the store to seek a job today and I came along a Church, Jewish temple, and some unitarian place that combines all religions. I plan on visiting all of these three temples, but not with an intent to look what is inside these temples, rather I want to ask them questions, logical questions that refutes their fath in a way. I also plan to discuss about their scripture with their head people of the church or someone.

Should I go? Because I find it ominous to visit these places and as far as I know, some fatwas disallow this>..Allahu Alam

I ust want to face the enemies of Allah, azz wa jall. Can I go?

Re: Visiting different temples

yea, how would you like a bunch of kufaar coming to the masjid to bang some "sense" into the muslims??

Live and let live!
    Last edited by haque; 13-08-11, 12:00 AM. Reason: added quotes around "sense"
    Salam! :)

Comment

:wswrwb: i wouldnt advise that you do dawah to anyone given your advice about the pregnant woman who had been battered. learn about islam first.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:wswrwb:

do you possess sound knowledge of your deen?

I ust want to face the enemies of Allah, azz wa jall..
        man..what if you provoke them with your Qs? hmm

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          :wswrwb: i wouldnt advise that you do dawah to anyone given your advice about the pregnant woman who had been battered. learn about islam first.
          Agree

Comment

Originally posted by Rasema View Post

I understand it is better for women to stay at home and pray at home. Anyhow, I was walking to the store to seek a job today and I came along a Church, Jewish temple, and some unitarian place that combines all religions. I plan on visiting all of these three temples, but not with an intent to look what is inside these temples, rather I want to ask them questions, logical questions that refutes their fath in a way. I also plan to discuss about their scripture with their head people of the church or someone.

Should I go? Because I find it ominous to visit these places and as far as I know, some fatwas disallow this>..Allahu Alam

It's my advice you don't go looking for a confrontation with people who are not looking for one whether it be going to their place of worship or their online forums. This is not use of wisdom and they will be put off. It would be very beneficial if you invited their community members to an information event held by your local masjid or something.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post

It's my advice you don't go looking for a confrontation with people who are not looking for one whether it be going to their place of worship or their online forums. This is not use of wisdom and they will be put off. It would be very beneficial if you invited their community members to an information event held by your local masjid or something.
              Good advice.

I would say to use your time more wisely instead of looking for a confrontation.

Comment

Wa ALaykum Salam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

My personal life and beleives have nothing to do with Islam or the advice I give, neither do I give personal advice as Islamic advice.

I clearly know that in Islma abuse is not to be done. However, from pprevious cases, a woman called the police to report her abuse husband, and the kuffar took her to some shelter that was fool of wrong people. She came back to her husband.

I just thought that it is better for this sister to take up this abuse for now [I really did not beleive the sister is being abused due to the first poster] and stay with her family, later move to her homeland instead of being held in some shelter by non-Muslims in a kaffir country!

i wonder how will she live and feed the baby there. I guess teh kuuffar will help her.

i just do not believe anyone abused her so much. I really do not ive daw'ah, and yes I wanted to visit these places to ask them questions. I am not some violent and too of a straightforward person.

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

do you possess sound knowledge of your deen?

man..what if you provoke them with your Qs? hmm
                  Well, what do you mean if I provoke them with my questions? i will ask them questions for example to verify the accuracy of something I know is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ~hoor~ View Post
                    Agree
                    Maybe my posts increase as such just to provoke. Actually, that was a bad advice because I really did not even beleive the first poster, that the abuse was that rought. Because now the woman is alone in a non=Muslim country and pregnant. I bet she will go back to her family anyhow. Abusive families ar enot abusive as long as you do as they say. So better to stay with family then move out to some shelter without any family support, and alone, pregnant. She has no expereince of the world out there, how to gain some assistance or anything. I mean if this case is real. I really would like this midwife to contact me because I can help this woman move on through governemt assitance, if she is in US.

If the abuse was as she said, while she being prgnant and fearing for the baby, then yes I wuld move out too. Otherwise, i really would never.

just to know if you are the typicals:
                    It is better for women to pray and stay at home
                    How do you like this advice, or Islamic teaching?

About my Islamic knowledge. I beleive I know rules and basics.
                    Last edited by Rasema; 13-08-11, 10:41 AM.

Comment

You can debate and do comparative religion thing in a group that agrees to come together and debate. I don't think going to religious places and picking arguments is the right way to do it. If your intentions to debate are evident upfront to those people and they agree for that, then it is a fair deal.
                      Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

would you appreciate or even listen to a random person turning up on your doorstep and telling you how to run your household?

Dawah is not going out and purposely antagonising or annoying people. It is not arguing for the sake of coming out smelling of flowers nor is it fighting enemies of Allah (whatever this means). It is inviting people and speaking the truth so it is heard by those who are listening. It would be better as one poster said above to hold a talk or conference of some sort if you like and give a small talk there and let those who are interested come to you.

You say yourself you know the basics, you need to know much more to be able to give another person sufficient answers and information. Also you must be awar of HOW dawah is done, it is a delicate skill and not everyone has this skill and ability to talk and speak with other people.
                        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by Rasema View Post

My Advice ? Take sister Asiya's advice ...

:jkk: Wa alaikum salam warah matullah ukthi ...
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

[QUOTE=haque;4355344]yea, how would you like a bunch of kufaar coming to the masjid to bang some "sense" into the muslims??

Live and let live![/QUOTE]

This isn't Islam by the way ...

thats the way of the Kuffar ...

learn about Dawah ...

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                              would you appreciate or even listen to a random person turning up on your doorstep and telling you how to run your household?

Dawah is not going out and purposely antagonising or annoying people. It is not arguing for the sake of coming out smelling of flowers nor is it fighting enemies of Allah (whatever this means). It is inviting people and speaking the truth so it is heard by those who are listening. It would be better as one poster said above to hold a talk or conference of some sort if you like and give a small talk there and let those who are interested come to you.

You say yourself you know the basics, you need to know much more to be able to give another person sufficient answers and information. Also you must be awar of HOW dawah is done, it is a delicate skill and not everyone has this skill and ability to talk and speak with other people.
                              UKthi with all due respect, if one cannot refute Ba'atil then doing Dawah becomes very difficult ...

if we take the example of the Nabiyeen(as), we see that as part of Inviting others to Islam, they Refuted the Ba'atil beliefs of others with Reason/Logic etc ...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X