Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about the punishment of stoning in Islam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about the punishment of stoning in Islam...

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I have a few questions about the punishment of stoning to death in Islam...
    I am 100% a Muslim Alhamdulillah, but a few days ago I was having a discussion with a muslim who is struggling to understand Islam, he was asking me about a few topics that concerned him which I answered to the best of my knowledge. But when the topic of the punishment of stoning in Islam came up I struggled to answer him as I don't know much about it... It's not really a topic that I have ever looked into or asked about myself. :embar:

So basically I'm hoping you can help me understand it! I find it hard to understand why this punishment is allowed? & why so harsh? After all we are all mere humans with our own cloud of sins, shouldn't it be only Allah who can punish these people?:confused: (I don't mean to be ignorant, I am just trying to understand it... I don't deny what is writen in the Quran at all, Allah knows best)

In this discussion, another brother explained that in the Quran or hadith (Sorry, I don't remember which) it says that let the first person to throw a stone be sinless... Which is in fact a reminder to us all rather than a practice to follow that we ourselves are all sinful and to not judge or punish others unless we are perfect ourselves, which is almost impossible. Is this true?

Please answer only if you have knowledge about it, no opinions. And please provide references. Internet is full of false websites so I'm not sure where to look but if you can direct me to any places in the Quran or hadiths etc? Jazakallah
    Last edited by CloserThanVeins; 11-08-11, 06:19 PM.
    Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
    ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Re: Confused about the punishment of stoning in Islam...

Assalamu Alaykum

It seems you are a sincere person who questions in a very polite way. I know you are addressing your concerns, but you should not utter your doubts. Because this way you are admitting to the public your doubts on Allah's law. Every Muslim should support Allah's law inwardly and outwardly. You first should seek knowledge yourself on this, seek logical conclusions to refute your doubts, before you bring these doubts out.

This is what I gathered from reading other people's views on this.

I sugest you read sister Redeem's posts on this forum because she adresses all these doubts people put into our minds in a very logical way: http://www.gawaher.com/

It is very important to know refutations to the most common things they usually bring to your face.

All shar'i rules have rules that have to be met, before the original rule is brought out. This includes the punishment for stoning.

This is how I refute them.

Christians: It is known their Bible is an unreliable document. They have altered many laws of Allah and not just the punishments of stoning. However, in the old testament, the punishment of stoning is commanded. The Jews will admit it. The OT is theirs anyways.

Atheists: Just tell them this is our law. How is our law different than theirs? Because their laws contain punishments, and so do ours. But what is the point of killing a person who beleivs somehting else? It is that they decided to scream out to the Muslim country and population that they left the religion of Muahmmad, sall-Alalhu alayhi was alam, and the religon of Allah, azz wa jall. This person is bringing our religion down this way on purpose to us, asking for a punishment and challenge. These people usually ridicule our religion, and we are not Christians, we do not allow our religion be treated as a last resort. Our religion is our priority and superiority judgeing them morally, etc...

I find it hard to understand why this punishment is allowed?
    This punishment has to be performed by a judge or a magistrate [lower case judge]. Not by civilians. They are permitted to repent and come back to religon outwardly an dinwardly. There are no loop holes in shariyah. Shariyah is a strick law of Allah, azz w ajall, but it is also very leninet to us in many ways like in cases of necessity as well as force. And it does give exceptions from scripture to rules.

find it hard to understand why this punishment is allowed?
    It is allowed with certain rules. These rules are easily met in an Islamic country. However, it isn't so strict, the person is not to tell or make his or her apostasy known.

You have to understand that apostasy is an offense to Allah, they earned Allah's wrath after that person has all faviours of Alalh , and after Allah chose to grant that person the ability to learn this religion.

why so harsh?
    What these disbelievers do is generalize on shariah making it seem as if it is impossible to implement it. This is not true at all. Let's say I commit adultery being unmarried. I am supposed to get punished by 100 lashes, and if I try this practice on myself, I would find out that it really isn't so harsh.

Same with an apostate getting killed. If this apostate is so strong in his faith, they would want to get killed for their faith. It isn't like they are suffering so much.

Allah is strict but also most lenient or merciful.

After all we are all mere humans with our own cloud of sins, shouldn't it be only Allah who can punish these people?
    No. They deserve humiliation and punishment of this world, and on the herafter. Some sins are a real crime against Allah.

Yes, these clouds of sins are something good for us. We turn back to Allah due to them. In the hereafter, it all depends on teh amount of good deeds you got in order Allah forgives you. When He forgives you, He grants you something no one can earn through good deeds; it is Paradise. Paradise is only the mercy of Allah.

Allah ordained that humans punish these people. There is a law in this religion and humans implement it.

I don't deny what is writen in the Quran at all, Allah knows best
    You're smart, alhamdulillah. We must not deny any verses or hadeeths. We are allowed to question them like you do :)

In this discussion, another brother explained that in the Quran or hadith (Sorry, I don't remember which) it says that let the first person to throw a stone be sinless... Which is in fact a reminder to us all rather than a practice to follow that we ourselves are all sinful and to not judge or punish others unless we are perfect ourselves, which is almost impossible. Is this true?
    I do not know of that, but I wouldn't use it as some backup to their claims.

try this site:
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/search/ap...AllWords/t,q,a
    Last edited by Rasema; 11-08-11, 07:55 PM.

Comment

One of the objectives of the Shariah is to preserve the family/lineage. Adultery (fornication is different) undermines the family system, and thus leads to further sins and causes the society to fall into chaos and disorder, as we see in much of the West today. That is why the punishment is so harsh.

However, the punishment is mostly a deterrent, because it is almost impossible to meet the requirements needed to implement the punishment without the accused admitting his/her guilt. Four people are needed to witness the actual penetration in order for the punishment to be applied. And usually it is difficult to even find one witness. Not only that, but if someone accuses another person of commiting adultery and can't bring four witnesses, then the accuser is punishment with lashes. So if the Shariah is being properly implemented, then this is a very rare punishment to be carried out. I think this punishment happened on two or three occasions while Rasulullah was alive, and even then it was because the people being punished had come and asked Rasulullah to punish them. Also on each occasion, only the person who admitted guilt was punished while the other partner's name didn't even come up.

Now, why did those people ask for the punishment despite knowing what it consisted of? Because they were genuinely remorseful and wanted to repent from the sin completely and not be punished for it in the Hereafter, because Allah does not punish a slave twice for one sin. Therefore, the punishment of stoning which they recieved in this world, erased their sin and caused them to not be punished for it in the Hereafter. Of course, they could have just repented secretly without the punishment and just kept the sin between themselves and Allah and thus not be punished in both this world and the Hereafter, but they decided to repent publicly for reasons best known to themselves and Allah.

As for what the other brother said regarding those who themselves are sinless throwing the first stone, that is not from the Quran and has no place in Islam. It is actually a Christian teaching. Please let him know that.
      Last edited by abdulsidd; 11-08-11, 09:50 PM.

Comment

the punishment is mostly a deterrent, because it is almost impossible to meet the requirements needed to implement the punishment without the accused admitting his/her guilt.
        I am not someone with complete knowledge of Shari'ah. i dislike what you say becuse you're saying Allah prescribed something impossible to implement. From what I know:
        On this world, we judge people by actions. In shar'ah, we do not only apostate by claiming we belong to another religion, many things in Shr'ah can make a person an apostate, like not offering one of Islmaic pillars and denying Islamic teachings. You claim the person has to state it, but tha tis not correct, if someone sees that person commit acts of kuft deliberately, they will get executed.

Many people prech th eway you do, negating things trying to please th eother party. Ther eis punishments in this religon and they are possibkle to me implementes, whether people like it or not. Do not make it seem as if this cannot be done. It easily can, especially if th eperson doesn't know how to give excuses of what they done publically for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasema View Post
          I am not someone with complete knowledge of Shari'ah. i dislike what you say becuse you're saying Allah prescribed something impossible to implement. From what I know:
          On this world, we judge people by actions. In shar'ah, we do not only apostate by claiming we belong to another religion, many things in Shr'ah can make a person an apostate, like not offering one of Islmaic pillars and denying Islamic teachings. You claim the person has to state it, but tha tis not correct, if someone sees that person commit acts of kuft deliberately, they will get executed.

Many people prech th eway you do, negating things trying to please th eother party. Ther eis punishments in this religon and they are possibkle to me implementes, whether people like it or not. Do not make it seem as if this cannot be done. It easily can, especially if th eperson doesn't know how to give excuses of what they done publically for example.
          I never said that it is impossible to implement this punishment. I wrote that it is almost impossible, meaning that it is very difficult to meet the requirements needed to implement this punishment without the person admitting their guilt.

I also did not claim that the person has to state their guilt. Yes, that is the easiest way to implement the punishment and the only way that it was implemented during the time of Rasulullah, as far as I know, but if the other requirements can be met then the punishment can be applied without the accused admitting guilt. But it is very difficult.

You are wrong, sister, when you say that if someone sees a person commit acts of kufr deliberately then they will get executed. If a Muslim apostates, then he/she is executed only if they actively work against the Deen after apostating, as far I know. Otherwise this will go against the Ayah in the Quran which says that there is no compulsion in religion.

Similarly, it is wrong to say that if someone sees a person commiting adultery then they will be stoned. One witness is not enough to meet the requirements for the punishment. You need to have four witnesses who saw the actual penetration. The two people could be together and naked and fooling around, but if penetration is not witnessed by at least four people, then the punishment cannot be applied. How difficult is that? Unless the people are commiting the act in the middle of the street then it would be almost impossible to prove.

And why is it so difficult to prove? And why do the accusers get punished if they can't bring four witnesses? Because another objective of the Shariah is to preserve the dignity/honour/reputation of people. If there was no punishment for not being able to prove charges of adultery, then those accusations would be flying around left and right and people's, especially women's, reputations would be in tatters. So there is a wisdom behind everything which Allah has legislated whether we know it or not, and the Shariah is truly a beautiful thing is people take the effort to learn and understand it.

Comment

By the way, sister Rasema, it seems that you are a bit confused. The punishment of stoning is not for apostasy, which is what you seem to believe. The punishment of stoning is for zina (adultery). Apostasy is straight up execution.

Comment

never said that it is impossible to implement this punishment. I wrote that it is almost impossible, meaning that it is very difficult to meet the requirements needed to implement this punishment without the person admitting their guilt.
              Okay. Then you're saying it is very difficult to meet the requirments for this rule to become implemented. It may be so, but easy too, nothing near impossible. The person doesn't need to admit anyhthing if they are seen to commit acts of kufr for example.

I also did not claim that the person has to state their guilt.
              I do not know if they do or they do not. Maybe someone else answers if they have to claim they are apostates. If for example a person quits praying in Saudia Arabia, they will be tortured in some way until they start praying again, if they do not, they do it out of arrogance, etc..and thus will get executed...

Yes, that is the easiest way to implement the punishment and the only way that it was implemented during the time of Rasulullah, as far as I know, but if the other requirements can be met then the punishment can be applied without the accused admitting guilt. But it is very difficult.
              I am sorry brother, the authority wouoldn't find it diffucult at all. It is easy to find these poeple guilty, otherwise tehy never would commit these things and others would not come to know of their sins. The public would easily spot this person commit these sins in a way that will ge thim in trouble and clearly prove his guilt.

You are wrong, sister, when you say that if someone sees a person commit acts of kufr deliberately then they will get executed. If a Muslim apostates, then he/she is executed only if they actively work against the Deen after apostating, as far I know.
              First of all, you do not see the seriousnes sof Sahriah. Second of all, if for some reason you find these rules negative due to some reasons of yours, please mention only the reasons and they will be reproved with greater logic by our brothers and sisters. Don't tell me I am wrong out of your own conclusions of Shar'ah and Qur'anic verses.

go against the Ayah in the Quran which says that there is no compulsion in religion.
              There is no compulsion in religion. But how does that contradict that there is apunishment for leaving this religion? Waht does that verse mean? Please find out. You can't compulse someone to the religion, but if they come out of it themselves, then there is compulsion to bring them back into it. The verse you quoted is not complete in its context. Neither do you know verses befor eit or after it.

To forse someone { There is no compulsion in, entering into, religion. ] to ACCEPT Islam this verse [and other verses] prohibit. To COME BACK to Islam is done out of the person's choice. "No, it is done by force and cumpulsion!" Maybe so,, but not to ACCEPT IT, BUT TO COME BACK TO IT. The difference is:

Forsing a non-Muslim enter ISLAM is haram as said by verse. Frocing a fprmer Muslim reaccept islam is prescribed by 70 something ashaba and resool, salw.

The differenc eis: Former Muslim [apostate] and a non-Muslim. See how stoning someone to death does no contradict forsing someone to ACCEPT Islam. APostates a long ago accepted it out of will. if they were born to it, they reach the age of puberty early and do have options to leave, but with what excuse?
              Last edited by Rasema; 12-08-11, 01:11 PM.

Comment

By the way, sister Rasema, it seems that you are a bit confused. The punishment of stoning is not for apostasy, which is what you seem to believe. The punishment of stoning is for zina (adultery). Apostasy is straight up execution.
                What ar eyou saying. Stop using words to mess with religious text.

Punishment for leaving islam: "Whomsoever leaves Islam, kill him." Hadeeth and tons of others.
                Punishment for sommiting adultery: Unmarried is punished by a 100 lashes [men or women]. Married are punished by death penalty [Clearly fro m Qur'an].

We ar egeneralizing on these rules making it seem to the first poster harsh due to your unclear writings. It becomes more acceptive to read this from the Qur'an directly, these rules. The Qur'an mentiones the requirments for these punishments to be carried out.

Now stop confusing th equestionnare.

Comment

Wow! Sister you need to do some serious studying. Khair, I won't argue with you.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
                    Wow! Sister you need to do some serious studying. Khair, I won't argue with you.
                    No argument exists:

"Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17
                    "Whoever changed his (Islamic) religion, then kill him" Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:84:57

The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.24:2

Your mistake is:

You follow your environment's suggestions and you rso called scholars. That is why these scholars do not follow the past scholars who were relatives of Resool, sall-Allah ualayhi wa salam.

Whomsover contradicts the past scholars in Sahr'ah, is not a scholar and should be boycotted. It is very important for all to follow past scholars and scholars who folow past scholars originally.

Amazing sura, read it to increase eman befor eyou speak of this sacred law again:

[This is] a surah which We have sent down and made [that within it] obligatory and revealed therein verses of clear evidence that you might remember.
                    24:2

to top
                    Sahih International
                    The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.
                    24:3

to top
                    Sahih International
                    The fornicator does not marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that has been made unlawful to the believers.
                    24:4

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient,
                    24:5

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
                    24:6

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And those who accuse their wives [of adultery] and have no witnesses except themselves - then the witness of one of them [shall be] four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the truthful.
                    24:7

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And the fifth [oath will be] that the curse of Allah be upon him if he should be among the liars.
                    24:8

to top
                    Sahih International
                    But it will prevent punishment from her if she gives four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the liars.
                    24:9

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And the fifth [oath will be] that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he was of the truthful.
                    24:10

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy... and because Allah is Accepting of repentance and Wise.
                    24:11

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Indeed, those who came with falsehood are a group among you. Do not think it bad for you; rather it is good for you. For every person among them is what [punishment] he has earned from the sin, and he who took upon himself the greater portion thereof - for him is a great punishment.
                    24:12

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Why, when you heard it, did not the believing men and believing women think good of one another and say, "This is an obvious falsehood"?
                    24:13

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Why did they [who slandered] not produce for it four witnesses? And when they do not produce the witnesses, then it is they, in the sight of Allah , who are the liars.
                    24:14

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And if it had not been for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy in this world and the Hereafter, you would have been touched for that [lie] in which you were involved by a great punishment
                    24:15

to top
                    Sahih International
                    When you received it with your tongues and said with your mouths that of which you had no knowledge and thought it was insignificant while it was, in the sight of Allah , tremendous.
                    24:16

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And why, when you heard it, did you not say, "It is not for us to speak of this. Exalted are You, [O Allah ]; this is a great slander"?
                    24:17

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Allah warns you against returning to the likes of this [conduct], ever, if you should be believers.
                    24:18

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And Allah makes clear to you the verses, and Allah is Knowing and Wise.
                    24:19

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Indeed, those who like that immorality should be spread [or publicized] among those who have believed will have a painful punishment in this world and the Hereafter. And Allah knows and you do not know.
                    24:20

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And if it had not been for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy... and because Allah is Kind and Merciful.
                    24:21

to top
                    Sahih International
                    O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
                    24:22

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And let not those of virtue among you and wealth swear not to give [aid] to their relatives and the needy and the emigrants for the cause of Allah , and let them pardon and overlook. Would you not like that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
                    24:23

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment
                    24:24

to top
                    Sahih International
                    On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do.
                    24:25

to top
                    Sahih International
                    That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice.
                    24:26

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Evil words are for evil men, and evil men are [subjected] to evil words. And good words are for good men, and good men are [an object] of good words. Those [good people] are declared innocent of what the slanderers say. For them is forgiveness and noble provision.
                    24:27

to top
                    Sahih International
                    O you who have believed, do not enter houses other than your own houses until you ascertain welcome and greet their inhabitants. That is best for you; perhaps you will be reminded.
                    24:28

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And if you do not find anyone therein, do not enter them until permission has been given you. And if it is said to you, "Go back," then go back; it is purer for you. And Allah is Knowing of what you do.
                    24:29

to top
                    Sahih International
                    There is no blame upon you for entering houses not inhabited in which there is convenience for you. And Allah knows what you reveal and what you conceal.
                    24:30

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do.
                    24:31

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.
                    24:32

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
                    24:33

to top
                    Sahih International
                    But let them who find not [the means for] marriage abstain [from sexual relations] until Allah enriches them from His bounty. And those who seek a contract [for eventual emancipation] from among whom your right hands possess - then make a contract with them if you know there is within them goodness and give them from the wealth of Allah which He has given you. And do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, to seek [thereby] the temporary interests of worldly life. And if someone should compel them, then indeed, Allah is [to them], after their compulsion, Forgiving and Merciful.
                    24:34

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And We have certainly sent down to you distinct verses and examples from those who passed on before you and an admonition for those who fear Allah .
                    24:35

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.
                    24:36

to top
                    Sahih International
                    [Such niches are] in mosques which Allah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned therein; exalting Him within them in the morning and the evenings
                    24:37

to top
                    Sahih International
                    [Are] men whom neither commerce nor sale distracts from the remembrance of Allah and performance of prayer and giving of zakah. They fear a Day in which the hearts and eyes will [fearfully] turn about -
                    24:38

to top
                    Sahih International
                    That Allah may reward them [according to] the best of what they did and increase them from His bounty. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account.
                    24:39

to top
                    Sahih International
                    But those who disbelieved - their deeds are like a mirage in a lowland which a thirsty one thinks is water until, when he comes to it, he finds it is nothing but finds Allah before Him, and He will pay him in full his due; and Allah is swift in account.
                    24:40

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Or [they are] like darknesses within an unfathomable sea which is covered by waves, upon which are waves, over which are clouds - darknesses, some of them upon others. When one puts out his hand [therein], he can hardly see it. And he to whom Allah has not granted light - for him there is no light.
                    24:41

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Do you not see that Allah is exalted by whomever is within the heavens and the earth and [by] the birds with wings spread [in flight]? Each [of them] has known his [means of] prayer and exalting [Him], and Allah is Knowing of what they do.
                    24:42

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and to Allah is the destination.
                    24:43

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Do you not see that Allah drives clouds? Then He brings them together, then He makes them into a mass, and you see the rain emerge from within it. And He sends down from the sky, mountains [of clouds] within which is hail, and He strikes with it whom He wills and averts it from whom He wills. The flash of its lightening almost takes away the eyesight.
                    24:44

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Allah alternates the night and the day. Indeed in that is a lesson for those who have vision.
                    24:45

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.
                    24:46

to top
                    Sahih International
                    We have certainly sent down distinct verses. And Allah guides whom He wills to a straight path.
                    24:47

to top
                    Sahih International
                    But the hypocrites say, "We have believed in Allah and in the Messenger, and we obey"; then a party of them turns away after that. And those are not believers.
                    24:48

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And when they are called to [the words of] Allah and His Messenger to judge between them, at once a party of them turns aside [in refusal].
                    24:49

to top
                    Sahih International
                    But if the right is theirs, they come to him in prompt obedience.
                    24:50

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Is there disease in their hearts? Or have they doubted? Or do they fear that Allah will be unjust to them, or His Messenger? Rather, it is they who are the wrongdoers.
                    24:51

to top
                    Sahih International
                    The only statement of the [true] believers when they are called to Allah and His Messenger to judge between them is that they say, "We hear and we obey." And those are the successful.
                    24:52

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger and fears Allah and is conscious of Him - it is those who are the attainers.
                    24:53

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And they swear by Allah their strongest oaths that if you ordered them, they would go forth [in Allah 's cause]. Say, "Do not swear. [Such] obedience is known. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with that which you do."
                    24:54

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Say, "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away - then upon him is only that [duty] with which he has been charged, and upon you is that with which you have been charged. And if you obey him, you will be [rightly] guided. And there is not upon the Messenger except the [responsibility for] clear notification."
                    24:55

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient.
                    24:56

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And establish prayer and give zakah and obey the Messenger - that you may receive mercy.
                    24:57

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Never think that the disbelievers are causing failure [to Allah ] upon the earth. Their refuge will be the Fire - and how wretched the destination.
                    24:58

to top
                    Sahih International
                    O you who have believed, let those whom your right hands possess and those who have not [yet] reached puberty among you ask permission of you [before entering] at three times: before the dawn prayer and when you put aside your clothing [for rest] at noon and after the night prayer. [These are] three times of privacy for you. There is no blame upon you nor upon them beyond these [periods], for they continually circulate among you - some of you, among others. Thus does Allah make clear to you the verses; and Allah is Knowing and Wise.
                    24:59

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And when the children among you reach puberty, let them ask permission [at all times] as those before them have done. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses; and Allah is Knowing and Wise.
                    24:60

to top
                    Sahih International
                    And women of post-menstrual age who have no desire for marriage - there is no blame upon them for putting aside their outer garments [but] not displaying adornment. But to modestly refrain [from that] is better for them. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
                    24:61

to top
                    Sahih International
                    There is not upon the blind [any] constraint nor upon the lame constraint nor upon the ill constraint nor upon yourselves when you eat from your [own] houses or the houses of your fathers or the houses of your mothers or the houses of your brothers or the houses of your sisters or the houses of your father's brothers or the houses of your father's sisters or the houses of your mother's brothers or the houses of your mother's sisters or [from houses] whose keys you possess or [from the house] of your friend. There is no blame upon you whether you eat together or separately. But when you enter houses, give greetings of peace upon each other - a greeting from Allah , blessed and good. Thus does Allah make clear to you the verses [of ordinance] that you may understand.
                    24:62

to top
                    Sahih International
                    The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Messenger and, when they are [meeting] with him for a matter of common interest, do not depart until they have asked his permission. Indeed, those who ask your permission, [O Muhammad] - those are the ones who believe in Allah and His Messenger. So when they ask your permission for something of their affairs, then give permission to whom you will among them and ask forgiveness for them of Allah . Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
                    24:63

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Do not make [your] calling of the Messenger among yourselves as the call of one of you to another. Already Allah knows those of you who slip away, concealed by others. So let those beware who dissent from the Prophet's order, lest fitnah strike them or a painful punishment.
                    24:64

to top
                    Sahih International
                    Unquestionably, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth. Already He knows that upon which you [stand] and [knows] the Day when they will be returned to Him and He will inform them of what they have done. And Allah is Knowing of all things.
                    Last edited by Rasema; 12-08-11, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X