Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White hijab and not following some commands

Assalamu Alaykum wa rhamatu Allah wa barakatuh

I usually wear black hijab. However, th eones I get are quite poor looking and the ones online are over all 75$ I found cheaper ones in a store nearby...

But for now I got to wear white hijab. It is very white. I notice people look at me more with white since white is more obvious in public.

The reason I want to wear white is because I am tired of my family putting me down and making fun of my very wide blue dresses...

I think they are embarressed of me so that is why.... It bothers me because I follow the Hanbali school of thought. Guess what? I beleive it is obligatory to cover hands and face, but I do not cover this way, yet....planning to do so later if Allah permits.

However, if I follow this view, do I relaly have to have to cover this way as soon as I get this type of clothes. If so, I will have to never see my family agian, they are very authoritorian... and would force me to take it off....I think...

Do not treat me like some revert please.

Re: White hijab and not following some commands

what do you mean by the last line? i think many of us would take offence at that to be honest.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
      what do you mean by the last line? i think many of us would take offence at that to be honest.
      Was going to say the same thing.

A large number of Shaba(RA) were "reverts".
      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

That last line was really stupid.
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

I don't think it's a sin to wear white hijab, though if you feel you're gettig unwanted attention from it then maybe switch back to black. And you should cover regardless of what your family say they can't force you to take it off unless they physically rip it off you.

Comment

Follow your parents and leaders unless they tell you to do haram...

Comment

I get that feeling sometimes. I do not like to be treated as if I need some special daw'ah or something. .. Disregard it.

Thanks for all the encouragements.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X