Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hafiz Quraan

As Salaam Wailakum,

I want to make my son(10 Yrs) hafiz quraan & a Doctor by profession for serving muslim Ummah, whether will it be possible.

I am in dilemma what to start with either Hifz quraan or Acadamic studies.

Kindly help me in makine dicision

Alla Hafiz.

Re: Hafiz Quraan

wa alaykum asalam.

Can you not do them side by side, perhaps ?
    Just a suggestion.

I mean, he's 10, he has still a long way to go before applying to medical school ... maybe he could do his hifdh now while he's young and fresh-minded.
    Memorising qur'an will help with academic studies,surely.

I hope Allah allows your son to serve the Ummah in the best of ways, insha Allah.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

:wswrwb:

here's a nice documentary, maybe it can give you an idea as to what to do inshaAllah. :)

It's about kids who know the Quran by heart http://www.putlocker.com/file/5B4E63...NzQI8.facebook
      الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Asalamu Alaikum,

I would focus on the Quran right now mainly while he is attending elementary school. If you put him in a 5 days a week madrassa he should finish insha'Allah within 1-2 years.

Medical School is long way to go. Plus it's easier to memorize at a young age, I regret not taking advantage.

Comment

As the years go by, the academic side of things get more and more demanding, so will need more and more of your son's time. Therefore, based on experience, my opinion would be to let him start memorising the Quran as soon as possible, as this will cause least conflict with his studies. The later you leave it, the harder it becomes for him to complete the Hifz.

Also, before your son starts the Hira course, do make sure he has completed at least one reading of the Quran with a teacher, this will help him greatly over the period of his hifz.

May Allah accept your son to excel in deen and dunya, and make him the means of hidayah for many people to come.
          وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
          Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by saveimaan View Post
            As Salaam Wailakum,

I want to make my son(10 Yrs) hafiz quraan & a Doctor by profession for serving muslim Ummah, whether will it be possible.

I am in dilemma what to start with either Hifz quraan or Acadamic studies.

Kindly help me in makine dicision

Alla Hafiz.
            That's what my parents want of me and my brothers. Hifz was the easy part. I'm just starting uni.
            Anyways, I. Badat's advice was excellent. Start hifz soon.
            please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

InshaAllah. May Allah SWT reward him for his efforts and your family, Ameen.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
              [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Peace on you brother

Please don't worry about this stuff. Your son will be what has been decreed for him by Allah.

On the authority of Abu 'Abbaas 'Abdillaah bin 'Abbaas (RA) who said : One day I was behind the Prophet (SAW) [riding on the same mount] and he said :

O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be Mindful of ALLAH and ALLAH will protect you. Be Mindful of ALLAH and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, then ask ALLAH [alone]; and if you seek help, then seek help from ALLAH [alone]. And know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, they would not benefit you except with what ALLAH had already prescribed for you. And if they were to gather together to harm you with anything, they would not harm you except with what ALLAH had already prescribed against you. The Pens have been lifted and the Pages have dried.

It was related by at-Tirmidhee, who said it was a Good and Sound Hadeeth.
                Oh Allah, please make my best day the Day I meet You to answer for my sins, and please have mercy on the believers on the Day our deeds will be judged

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                  wa alaykum asalam.

Can you not do them side by side, perhaps ?
                  Just a suggestion.

I mean, he's 10, he has still a long way to go before applying to medical school ... maybe he could do his hifdh now while he's young and fresh-minded.
                  Memorising qur'an will help with academic studies,surely.

I hope Allah allows your son to serve the Ummah in the best of ways, insha Allah.
                  Exactly.

My Allah help you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X