Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a false oath?

Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

I hope you guys do not respond for any other reason to this member except if it is for the sake of Allah, azz wa jall. All posters should be reminded of that.

I say that because when some posters start doing something for you, you respond to them for that reason. Rather you should respond to their question because the question is what matters to Allah, azz wa jall...if you know what I mean.

What is a false oath? What would fall under it? And, would agreeing to some things in an application for a citizenship be a false oath? There are questions they ask I dislike.

I was wondering how is it permissible to gain a citizenship when it requires a yes for the following question:

"Are you willing to bear arms on behalf of the US; to perform non-combatant service in the armed forces of the United States; to perform work of national importance under a civilian direction, if the law requires it?"

In spite of the above question, there is another one that says "Are you willing to raise arms in defense of US?" I am certain I have read this question.

Although the first question says "non-combatant" service, it would still be aiding the kuffar against Muslims [?].

What do you brothers ans sisters say?

On the other hand, there are born naitives, they would have an excuse for they had no will.

Re: What is a false oath?

thats like an oath of kufr
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I have a resident's card, but I need a citizenship to migrate to aMuslim country [planning to]. Allahu Alam. Too early to say...

Feel free to add more rules, because I might always lack knowledge. However, I will need someone much more knowledgeable to say that with logical answer [like a fatwa or something].

JazzakAlalhu Khayr brother.

Comment

weoah woah im not makinf fatwa here, nor am i making takfeer. everyones situation isdifferent.
        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
          weoah woah im not makinf fatwa here, nor am i making takfeer. everyones situation isdifferent.
          No problem dear brother...I was not accusing you for trying to keep me on the safe side :)

Comment

beep

Comment

so like this is an oath of help the kuffar combats like a form of supporter? ....

I think i read something similar on islamqa ... type 'oath' in their search engine and u will lots of fatwa.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasema View Post
                Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

I hope you guys do not respond for any other reason to this member except if it is for the sake of Allah, azz wa jall. All posters should be reminded of that.

I say that because when some posters start doing something for you, you respond to them for that reason. Rather you should respond to their question because the question is what matters to Allah, azz wa jall...if you know what I mean.

What is a false oath? What would fall under it? And, would agreeing to some things in an application for a citizenship be a false oath? There are questions they ask I dislike.
                Well whether you like them or not (and personally I find requirements like the one's you've mentioned rather silly), those are the requirements that the US insist upon if you want to be a US citizen.

If you agree to them (but have no intention of actually upholding them) then it is a false oath - something the Qur'an specifically forbids.

If you feel that you aren't able to agree to them (which after all might involve providing assistance to a civilian authority like the FBI against your fellow Muslims), then you can't in all conscience apply for American citizenship.

Comment

Thanks man.

Anyone else has any information?? ? ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X