Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off from Work! : (

Salaam ummah forums.

As you can tell from the title I have been laid off from work without any good reasons. Spoke to the manager and she said she can't discuss it with me. So i contacted HR and I will be sent a letter to why I have been laid off.

How do you deal with this? I never been laid off ever.

How do I tell my parents? Where Do i go on from here?

Why is this happening to me : (

Wsalaam

Re: Laid off from Work! : (

Wa alaikumus Salaam,

Sorry to hear that. Do you have a contract? If so what does that say regarding termination?

If you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about, and your parents will understand.

Be patient and see what the letter says, and take things from there. Try not to stress.

Comment

I know for a fact that I have done nothing wrong. I have been in this position for over 6 months and all of a sudden I have been terminated?

I spoke to HR and she said it was to do with my performance as a Supervisor. This will be outlined in the letter that I will receive. I don't see how this is as no one else has had an issue apart from the Manager.

It is so difficult to find another job in this current climate.

Comment

Originally posted by Awwab23 View Post
        Salaam ummah forums.

As you can tell from the title I have been laid off from work without any good reasons. Spoke to the manager and she said she can't discuss it with me. So i contacted HR and I will be sent a letter to why I have been laid off.

Wsalaam
        Sorry to hear about that Bro :(

Inshallah Allah (Swt) will replace what you thought was good with something much better.

Start applying asap.

Comment

Salaam ummah forums.

Wsalaam
          This is a very frequent occurrence - it's all got to do with cost-cutting and won't necessarily be personal (i was unemployed for almost a year myself). Its like "Last In, First Out" especially if you've only been there for 6 months. Just tell yer folks you got laid off. And, like one of the others said on here, start applying for jobs left right and centre!
          Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Comment

Being laid off really sucks. They were cutting a bunch of jobs here but there's an internal organization that gives priority for future open positions to help those people be considered for the job before people from outside. Check to see if your workplace has career help like that.

Layoffs usually happen due to cutting costs as someone mentioned and are decided based on jobs that they don't need at the current time or if an individual is greatly underperforming.
            Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Comment

You should get legal advice on this. People are not sacked in this manner unless there is something like gross misconduct, so looks like something may be wrong here.

May Allah SWT bless you with a better job ameen.

Grotbags
                Some of The Best Dhikr

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihiReward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. AlhamdulillahReward: Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbarRewardLa hawla wa la quwwata illa billahReward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34)Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. AstaghfirullahReward:Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Comment

Salaam ummah forums.

Wsalaam
                  wasalaam,

Were you given the correct notice as outlined in your contract? if your contract doesnt specify a notice period even still there are statutory minimum notice periods which employers must adhere to, otherwise you have been wrongfully dismissed.

You will have to wait to see what they say in the letter to find out their reasons for dismissing you. There are fair reasons for dismissal such as the employee is not capable/able to do the job, in which case if youre dismissed on this basis you cant really do anything about it. (check this site outhttp://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/DG_10026692 )

In any case if you want advice speak to the citizens advice bureau as i only have a basic grounding in employment law.

I would just be honest with your parents, whatever happens to us is the qadr of Allah swt, if that was supposed to happen you couldnt avoid it. Just put your trust in Allah swt and make dua you are blessed with a new job asap.
                  Patience...

Comment

Goods news to me I guess.

I have a telephone Interview very soon with a great company. Its for a sales consultant in a store so Inshallah it will go okay.

I didn't really have a contract to be honest and the company i did work for is Big but the management is not good at all. They show no respect to the below people them or encourage them at all.

I would have left but glad what's happened has happened, so I don't have to take this misery any longer.

Any advice for the telephone interview? Normally i'm really good.. but times are really tough these days with very little interviews for me so I need to make sure of it.

Comment

Check your contract to see what it says in about probationary period. Sometimes it can be upto 6 months, if there isn't one in the contract then you really should get advice!

Not sure if the interview is already done:

Know your CV inside out, make sure you can talk about any gaps in your employment.
                      Be confident (not cocky!)
                      Speak CLEARLY and SLOWLY (not overly slow though)
                      Have the job specification to hand and try and have examples of prior work you have done which shows that you have experience in what they are after.
                      oh.. research the company aswell, make sure you know abit about them, what they do in your line of work.

InsAllah Allah will do what is best.....
                      Last edited by mundo; 13-08-11, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Best of luck Awwab23. Be confident and do well!
                        Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X