Depression after Umrah in Ramadan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Depression after Umrah in Ramadan!

Perhaps its not depression but your lack of interest in dunya as your emaan has reached a higher level..

Comment

Akhi just remember that no matter how beautiful Mecca and Medina are or how depressing it is living in western countries- the bottom line is that these are are part of the dunya and this life in the dunya is just short and fleeting. The wonders and joy you felt in Mecca are only a tiny tiny fraction glimpse, like a little speck compared to the joys of Paradise so no matter how nice Mecca was or how horrible it feels to come back, remember that this life is only temporary, strive for Jannah in everything you do and InshaAllah there may come a time when you're rewarded with something even better than seeing the Kaaba and what's even better than that... is if you're blessed with that something better, you wont even have to worry about coming back.

I remember a Turkish sister said the same thing when she came back from Mecca (I think that she'd just returned from Hajj). She said she loved it there so much that she didn't really want to come back. When she returned to London and was being driven home from the airport, she said at one point, she looked out of the car window and saw a drunk man staggering in the street and he did something (either urinated or threw up I can't remember) which made her heart sink and feel sad that she'd come back. I think that made her cry actually.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

W Salaam Wr Wb,

SubhanAllah akhi, ive just come back and know exactly how you feel, being in the most blessed place where you get greeted salaams left, right and centre, walking with you're brothers and sisters when the azaan is called (sometimes going before the azaan), glorifying Allah (swt) while doing tawaf, being able to put you're right cheek on the kaba'a, having no worries apart from what time the salah is, giving salaams to the nabi (saw) and the sahabas (ra), just being in peace in the masjid al-Haraam, subhanAllah nothing can buy that peace and feeling in this dunya, its jannah in this dunya. Also breaking your fast with loads of brothers around you while you get some brothers smiling at you offering to give you tea and more dates, you sit while waiting for salah and you get lil kids giving you salaams mashaAllah ya rabbil alameen nothing in this dunya can compare, the brotherhood over there is amazing, we should try and implement it over the non-muslim lands.

Then straight off the airport at heathrow, you dont see you're sisters covered like they should be anymore, they are afraid to wear the niqab and jilbab Allahu Alam, you see non-muslims in their skirts and skimpy outfits, you see pubs, people smoking so openly everywhere, you see depression everywhere subhanAllah including on the tv (i came back to riots lol), you're surrounding with non-muslims and some of the muslims here prefer this dunya, subhanAllah ramzan dont feel the same anymore and the passion to go even for taraweeh makes you feel sad and lazy cause you remember how you prayed behind sudais, shuraim, juhany, mahir etc and all you wanna do is go back.

But akhi my cure for this is planning my umrah for next year which inshaAllah i will be going, and inshaAllah go for longer, inshaAllah i plan to go every year, make dua'a that i am able to, as dua'a for me helps alot, im dreaming about going next time, and i so cant wait.

Also you could go to the masjid and surround yourself with you're brothers, give them salaams and smile at them, go to you're masjid one day and give out dates to everyone inshaAllah.

As-Salaamu Alaikum
        Last edited by Ibadah; 15-08-11, 04:00 PM.
        Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

I dont blame you akhee. Some very good suggestions. Definetely the most effective thing would have to be thinking of the One whose House you have returned from
          If thats how beautiful His House is, how Beautiful will He be?!! Allaahu akbar
          Those who enter jannah will find out when He shows them His beautiful Face. May Allaah make us of them aameen. Do acts which lead to paradise inshaaAllaah & as mentioned above, instead of being depressed be grateful and drown yourself in ibaadah.

Stick your finger in an ocean; what clings to it is this world, the ocean being the akhirah..
          :lailah:

This world is all work no real pleasure; the Hereafter is ALL pleasure, no work! ;)

:ahb:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X