Oh Allah, open for me the doors of your mercy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Allah, open for me the doors of your mercy

Alsalamu 3alaikom to all. Firstly, Ramadan Kareem to everyone, may this month be a method of cleansing for our hearts minds and souls. I decided to create an account on this website because the answers I was seeing provided to others who had problems were so wonderful and I really felt that maybe someone would be willing to help me with a situation I have. I am a female living in Canada at the age of nineteen (first year university). I don't know how I'm going to say this without sounding pathetic, but I really need to get it out. I consider myself a well rounded Muslim, especially lately my prayers have been done well and on time, and I am reading Quran on a regular basis. My problem is that - and I'm being dead serious here - I think I have an obsession with males... or to be more specific attention from males. No matter where I go, iftars, mosques, tarawee7's, automatically I'll find myself trying to do stuff to attract the attention of the males - simple things like sitting in the front row of salah so they see me upon enterance, or walking to that area so they see me. The whole time I'm there, all I can think about is, if they saw me or
    If they were checking me out... It's come to the point where if I know a certain guy is interested in me (even if I have no interest towards him whatsoever) I will talk to him because I know he'll give me that attention, even if I never give it back...ive prayed and prayed and asked Allah to fasten my heart and purify my intentions get me out of this boy madness... :( Don't tell me to surround myself with girls who will give me attention because trust me I've tried, and that's when I realized it's the MALE attention I crave. :( I feel so terrible saying all of this but I really want a serious answer for who can help me get these thoughts out of my head and make my visits to the masjid for the sole purpose of Allah and to be living to only please Allah...

ps, don't try the "what pleasure do u get out of attracting them?" stuff...I'm a girl, and this is just how my mind works, I've tried setting priorities straight and cleaning my mind out but it just isn't working and I really want to be able to get as much ajr as possible this Ramadan, so please PLEASE if u have a way to help me, I'd be forever grateful.

Jazakum Allah Khair, you dont understand how thankful I will be if this is solved

Re: Oh Allah, open for me the doors of your mercy

“A woman’s prayer in her house is better than in her courtyard, and her prayer in her own room is better than her prayer in the rest of the house” (reported by Abu Dawud)

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
      “A woman’s prayer in her house is better than in her courtyard, and her prayer in her own room is better than her prayer in the rest of the house” (reported by Abu Dawud)
      It's only tarawee7 that I pray at the masjid..but it's not just going for prayers. Let's say my family was invited over for Iftar, or sometimes I do it at school too... same situation :'(

Comment

sorry the main issue isn't the salah, it's my constant need for the male attention

Comment

you can pray your tarawih alone, at home, Rasul SAW himself a male, but he didn't pray all his tarawih at the masjid. As for your constant need for the male attention, well I'm sorry, I can't help you, maybe other posters can advice you on this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
            you can pray your tarawih alone, at home, Rasul SAW himself a male, but he didn't pray all his tarawih at the masjid. As for your constant need for the male attention, well I'm sorry, I can't help you, maybe other posters can advice you on this problem.
            Yes, thank you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X