can you share your recipe for habshi halwa inshaAllah
    habshi halwa is ma fav.. dont forget to parcel it :) here is Recipe
    Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Re: The best halwa recipe!

BismIllah hir Rahman ir Rahim,
      :salams
      DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so excited!!
      DUDE??!?!??!?!?!?!?(SOrry really bad habit)

I love tusha shinnnni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my goodness yooo i love tusha shinni!!!!(sorry ..excitement..) ...oh my goodness.?!?!...
      ...ive been driving my mom crazy asking for tushaa shinni maan thaat stuff is soooo :inlove:.especially with the raisins....okay okay okay sorrrys i didnt even answer..

*i have calmed down now :p * you know how i get with food lol...

*sigh* unfortunately..as much as i love eating it..sadly i dont have the recipe :( ..inshaAllah il ask my parents tho..:)

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
      @ hijab: :jkk: for posting your recipe! Howww much water tho? :scratch: Should I just guess it?

@ muslimaghareeba: :wswrwb: Glad you like it. :love: Got a "tusha shinni" recipe, lol? My Mum's forever going on about a time when she knew how to make it. Personally, I don't like the texture too much, but can't find a recipe. Maybe I'm getting the term wrong? Is there another name for it? :o
      Last edited by muslimaghareeba; 07-08-11, 01:28 AM.
      La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

BismIllah hir Rahman ir Rahim,

*sigh* brother shikran...you would cry if you saw my habshi halwas..last time i baked(?) it ..i ended up eating them alone...inshaAllah il look into that recipe :jkk:

Originally posted by shikran View Post
        habshi halwa is ma fav.. dont forget to parcel it :) here is Recipe
        La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

:wswrwb: Muslimaghareeba

I could have guessed you'd like it, lol! :love:

Mehh, you had to add the raisins... even more of a reason for me not to like it much. :o Tho, actually, they're better than sultanas, IMO.

I'm lazy, I should just ask someone around here, lol.
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by shikran View Post
            lol.. i was jst givin u an idea.. anyways here is recipe
            Oh right. :o

:jkk: for the recipe
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Man..halwa is too easy! All you need is semolina, sugar, water or milk, cardamom pods and a bit of ghee and ta-da!
              Last edited by Hayaa; 07-08-11, 03:27 AM.
              حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Comment

@ hijab: :jkk: for posting your recipe! Howww much water tho? :scratch: Should I just guess it?
                yep basically, add water until it looks watery and thin (not tooo much though)
                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                  yep basically, add water until it looks watery and thin (not tooo much though)
                  I see :D I'll check it out some time, think I had too much yesterday. :o

Comment

I was making it for the Masjid (and home), lol, cause my Dad likes this stuff... but yeah, we try not to make too much sugary stuff (hence why I haven't made this in quite a while!), because he shouldn't really be eating such things.

I used your recipe and got really nervous about the amount of anchor butter (made my brother go buy it :p), so err... I wimped out and added more semolina (and in turn, sugar and water). It turned out tasty, but not the texture I wanted for making blocks. It's okay tho, I'm getting that specific recipe from my best friend, insha-Allah, and I'll try it out. If it works, I'll post it up and you'll understand what I meant. :D
                    Glad it was edible! :D
                    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

I hate the word dude!

Well, halwa once a year? Nah, we don't make it every now and then but it gets made once a month maybe and my wife makes some good halwa...I wouldn't touch an egg halwa but normal Halwa...mashAllah very lazeeez.
                      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

:salams sis,

My apologies for the delay,

With the semolina stuff, my mum made me make semolina halwa with carrots in it before Ramadhan, and it was nice Alhumdollilah, in fact its nicer than just plain semolina stuff

Peel and grate carrots ( abouut 2/3 ), and soak in water for 1/2 min to get rid of oragney colour. ( dont want funny coloured halwa, mummy said )

Drain throughly and get ghee ( use anchor butter ghee, as Zee said you need good butter/ghee ) and brown on very slow heat until they look cooked ( fried ). This should take about 15 minutes. Stir continually for even cooking.

Remove the carrots, ( drain ghee out ) and in that same ghee add the semolina. Brown the semolina on very slow heat, again stirring continually, until a nice golden brown colour...will take another 15/20 minutes.

Once thats cooked, and nice and brown ( not under cooked or burnt :p ) add the carrots and mix and cook for a tiny while longer ( continually stirring ) and then add milk.

Add sugar, cardomon powder, nuts, coconut, raisins, ( glace cherries ( they look pretty ) etc and mix more. It will be slightly runny, but mix well and cover and let cook on slow heat for another 10/15 minutes.......and volia it should be done

This should be enough to be eaten for a meal for 6 people, not too much. Im sorry I dont ever cook in measurements and everything is just ad hoc

With the normal plain semolina stuff, we just do as Hijab says, but never ever make that much. But Just add milk....I like to add a bit of double cream as well, which just makes it that much more richer.
                        Last edited by Jenicca; 09-08-11, 10:55 AM.
                        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Carrot halwa....peel carrots, cut into chunks, wash, drain, fry in a combination of 1/2 oil and 1/2 ghee, drain.

Once cool, mince. Should be small but not too small, but also not to large.

Chuck in pan, with ghee and the let some of the watery part of the carrots dry out, stirring now and then ( for a bout 5 min )

Chuck some milk in there. and keep an eye on it and stri every few minutes or so.

Once the milk will start to dry up, make sure you start stirring properly, so it browns evenly. Add sugar and chopped almonds ( if you feel its sticking to the pan, then its likely you need more ghee, so add a bit and see...you dont wanna add too much )

Keep on stirring etc.

You will know once the halwa is cooked, because the ghee will start to come out at the top and it will go a lovely brown colour.

You can set this in a try and cut into blocks, although they dont seem to like that in my house.

I dont think ive missed anything, but will check later and let you. Again, no measurement, im afraid.

And the whole process normally takes 3 hours. Excellent excercise for your arms with all the stirring!
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X