Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue at work

Salaam Ummah forums,

Basically I have a few issues at work esp with my manager.

I work in retail as a supervisor and the manager is well kind of new, so anyway just recently she has cut my hours down by a lot and she has reduced my pay rate without my knowledge? I mean can they even do that?

Also we have a new supervisor and that person is doing more hours than me and its driving me nuts, why is that person allowed to do more hours than me.

I think the manager is racist because 4 members of staff have left as she doesn't treat us right at all, no communication between her and us and nothing. Always feel like I want to leave but its very hard to find another job.

Any advice or tips will be appreciated

Jazakhallah Ummah : )

Re: Issue at work

Look in your contract and see what it says about changing hours...usually they are allowed to but they have to give you notice and there has to be good reason....I.e. downturn not so their friend can have more hours

Discuss it with your manager...if she doesn't do anything go to your regional manager

Comment

Take it to human resources if it's a big company. If not take it to the bosses' boss.
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Well the contract I do have was for when i changed my title from a sales advisor to a Supervisor and I had to fill in a form and everything. Now at that point it was my old manager she had told me that I could do X amount of hours and the old area manager was at the store too.

Now when the new manager came in she was asking why im doing so many hours and I said cos its on my contract, she goes no its way less than that.. I thought okay fine.

Then all of a sudden i normally read the emails cos im allowed to and she emailed the payroll to change my rate down?

The area manager and my manager get on well so I doubt she will do anything really.

Don't know if Human resources will help to be honest. Also It doesnt matter, Have more time in the day for Ramadhan so its all good.

But it means I wont have much of a salary..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X