Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fashion designing

AssalamOalaikum,
    i was studing to be a doctor but i always felt more interested in fashion desging,also i have major problems at home ,with parental dispute ,my father and mother are always fighting so i couldnt pursue medicine,i now want to be a fashion designer,my question is it haram?

Re: fashion designing

:wswrwb:

It's perfectly halal, as long as you design clothes that are covering the awrah of the female (which is everything except face and hand), assuming you design the clothes for females. Also, they should be in accordance with the rulings of hijab (not too tight, not see through, doesn't look like the non-Muslim clothing, etc.)

Also:

AskImam
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :wswrwb:

It's perfectly halal, as long as you design clothes that are covering the awrah of the female (which is everything except face and hand), assuming you design the clothes for females. Also, they should be in accordance with the rulings of hijab (not too tight, not see through, doesn't look like the non-Muslim clothing, etc.)

Also:

It is permissible to study fashion design in order to become a fashion designer and design clothing compliant with the Sharī’ah. This includes clothing that properly covers all required parts of the body, is not tight fitting, is not see-through, does not resemble the clothing of the opposite gender, and does not imitate the clothing of the non-Muslims and immoral people.

AskImam
      Yes, You are right. Fashion designing is not haram in Islam but female should be careful for limitation.

Comment

Fashion designing clothes which women wear at home is fine. Don't fashion design burqas or any outfits which women wear in public.
        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by needanswers View Post
          AssalamOalaikum,
          i was studing to be a doctor but i always felt more interested in fashion desging,also i have major problems at home ,with parental dispute ,my father and mother are always fighting so i couldnt pursue medicine,i now want to be a fashion designer,my question is it haram?
          I've always wanted to be a fashion designer.

Sadly things didn't work out. Daddy said no no no :-(
          Last edited by *sheba*; 22-05-14, 12:20 PM.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

definitely not haraam sis...hmmm...id like to be a fashion designer but maybe i wanna be a vet...time to think

Comment

Originally posted by Fatima7860 View Post
              definitely not haraam sis...hmmm...id like to be a fashion designer but maybe i wanna be a vet...time to think
              Make me a cape.. I wanna be the first muslim superhero.. Something like.. Sunnah Man! :D

Lol I'm joking guys, sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.
              Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Originally posted by Minhajul View Post
                Make me a cape.. I wanna be the first muslim superhero.. Something like.. Sunnah Man! :D

Lol I'm joking guys, sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.
                no, sule-man. :)
                The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                  no, sule-man. :)
                  That's a better name.. but it's not funny. HAAA! lol
                  Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X