• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeper Beauty

I'm too tall; I'm too short.
    I'm too loud; I'm too quiet.
    I'm too fat; I'm too thin.

Why do we set standards impossible for us to pursue? We're not supposed to wrinkle. We want to remain beautiful. We do not want to look old.

When you see an elderly couple sitting together on a bench sharing a sandwich and a few memories, however, you don't notice the wrinkles; you notice the beauty.

The next time you look in the mirror, realize the beauty in your not-quite-as-big-as-you-want eyes or your so-much-bigger-than-you-want-hips.

Those eyes: They have seen the beauty in nature and in people. They have seen the rebirth of flowers every year after a wintry snow. They have seen the glory in the eyes of a winner and the hope in the eyes of a loser. That is beautiful.

Those hips: They bore your children, the future of the world. They helped to secure the coming of the next president, the next hero, the next lifesaver or, even better, the next mom and dad. That is beautiful.

So the next time you find yourself with your exfoliating facemask on, try to wash away the "ideal" image and look into the deeper meaning of what beauty is all about.

Britney E. Parish, Sophomore
    Loyola Academy
    Published January 7, 2004
    Please Re-update your Signature

Excellent. :inlove:

I'll keep this to show to my future husband lol. :D :love:
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

:up:
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
      X