Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking Some Thing From Shop By Mistake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Some Thing From Shop By Mistake ?

:salams

Some Times When Your Out Shopping With Kids Esp Thy Take Things They Are Not Supposed To And You Seem To Realise When Your At Home Or On Car Journey

What Should You Do Islamically ??
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Re: Taking Some Thing From Shop By Mistake ?

:wswrwb:
    They Pay For It Or Not? Or Just Take It Like This?
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I would also want to know how this is dealt Islamically. However, if it were me, I would make it a point to return the thing the next time I visit the shop or pay for it, if it is not expensive. I think, this is very important as kids don't know what they are doing by bringing home things that are not theirs. So a responsible parent should set the right example to them, so that they grow up as honest and responsible adults.
      Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post

Some Times When Your Out Shopping With Kids Esp Thy Take Things They Are Not Supposed To And You Seem To Realise When Your At Home Or On Car Journey

What Should You Do Islamically ??
        :wswrwb:

Lol my sister done that like a few months ago xD luckily I found it before we went far so just went back and paid for it, the guy was kinda shocked lol.

Well if you've reached home then I wouldnt just go back there just to give it so I would just leave it till the next time I go to the shop and pay for it? If it ain't far then go and pay for it..
        http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

forget Islamically what do you do, but what is the moral thing to do. This is common sense and does not need a fatwa or a debate. Return the item to the shop, I'm sure the shop keeper will understand and will be grateful for your honesty.

Comment

1 of 2 insha'Allah:

1) Go back and pay for the item and keep it.

Or:

2) Return it.
            قال بعض السلف :
            خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Comment

:wswrwb: definately should go back and pay for it, or give it back otherwise will be counted as a debt u owe audu billah, and definately will help to teach ur kids not to take things from the shops.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u View Post
                forget Islamically what do you do, but what is the moral thing to do...
                Why, are the two seperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  think what shes trying to say is that you dont need islam to tell you to return the item that its commen sense and something we should do already :up:

but yeah sis, just deffo go back and tell them what happened... :love:
                  they will be more happy for your honesty more then anything... if someone did this by mistake then sometimes people dont go back...

like me if im undercharged and im aware ill tell them they didnt charge me enough
                  ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    Yes.

Comment

What if it's a supermarket, and you only realise once you get home that you didn't pay for something?

Would you:
                      a) take the item back and pay for it
                      b) the next time you go there, pay for the same item and then just put the item back on the shelf
                      c) put the amount you owe into one of the charity boxes at the checkout?
                      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

obviously give it back to them or go and pay, but if it is far away and you've got home i would just do this when you next go back, if its difficult to travel there?
                        but if the kids have a habit of doing this then u prob need 2 check them b4 exiting the store and start teaching them about it?
                        once ziyad did take something when he was abt 1 yr old from an islamic bookshop once we got outside we noticed he had a cd in his buggy about ideal marriage or something like that but luckily was still just outside the shop so v easy to drop it back in
                        if its a case of babies just grabbing things like that etc, mayb distract by having toys and things on the buggy to keep them occupied, or with toddlers who are walking just need 2 keep a v close eye on them and keep telling them no put it back etc
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:wswrwb: a. return it back and explain what happened and pay for it. otherwise its akin to stealing audu billah, muslim should be honest in all their dealings.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

my boy has done that too many times tried to run away with things in the shop i make him give it to the person whos behind the till so he knows hes in trouble lOl

he hasnt done it lately alhamdulilah
                            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

Comment

Go back and pay for it or just return it. Most people appreciate it as it's rather unexpected so won't make a fuss.
                              "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X