Circular white patch on the back of my neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular white patch on the back of my neck

I have also noticed that I have a slight white mark on my forehead. I can only speculate as to what caused this, but I'm pretty worried about it lest it spreads.

The skin on the white patch has a different texture than the skin in the surrounding area. I'm gonna try to get an appointment with my doctor as soon as possible but until then do you have any idea what it could be?

P.S. I went to the beach a few weeks ago (yeah, Astagfirullah!) for a family BBQ and I stayed out in the sun without wearing any kind of SPF cream. I remember my skin turned darker for a while, but it's finally starting to clear up now. Anybody have any kind of experience with this?
    Salam! :)

Re: Circular white patch on the back of my neck

skin darkening from the sun is totally natural... just a suntan

the white patch could be vitiligo... could be ringworm. vitiligo is genetic and there's no cure but it's not dangerous, just annoying. you can use make up to cover it if its really obvious. you probably only noticed it now because of the suntan (i.e. it was there before but harder to see)..... ringworm is a fungus but it can be treated easily. Either way see a doc inshaAllah. Doesn't sound serious but best to get it checked.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

If it's vitiligo then it's something might occur due to your diet. Some people with vitiligo can't eat eggs, otherwise they get white patches around their skin.

I'm not saying you have vitiligo or anything.

Comment

Salaam,

I think my brother has got the same problem, he went to the doctors and they said that the colour pigments are growing slowly (something like that) and they gave him some special cream to put on his patches, mashallah it is getting better day by day. My advice is that you visit a doctor as soon as possible, but most importantly make dua to allah that he makes it better :)

Comment

JazakAllah khair everybody!

:)

Comment

I have started to rub honey and oil of oregano onto it. Will post if anything changes, iA.

Comment

Working...
            X