Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Thoughts in Salaat

Assalamualykum,

I'm 16 years old and i have committed some bad sins in the past, but im trying to change. However, everytime i pray namaaz, bad thoughts keep coming into my mind and i find it hard to concentrate. What can i do to prevent this?

Jazakallah

Re: Bad Thoughts in Salaat

Originally posted by Umar95 View Post
    Assalamualykum,

I'm 16 years old and i have committed some bad sins in the past, but im trying to change. However, everytime i pray namaaz, bad thoughts keep coming into my mind and i find it hard to concentrate. What can i do to prevent this?

Jazakallah
    :wswrwb:

Bro, I think you should learn the translation of the surah you recite in your salah. This way when you recite them, focus on the words you are saying and their meanings. Do this for all your surah and throughout your salah. It will most definitely help keep your mind off from unwanted thoughts.

May Allah make it easy for you.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Waaliakum Asslaam
      @.mirror .. really good suggestion

It is the pastime of Shaytān to attempt distracting the obedient servants of Allah from worshipping and remembering Him. You should not worry about such thoughts and merely disregard them. The Shuyūkh of Tasawwuf generally equate such whispers and devilish insinuations to the barking of a dog. The best thing that a person should do in such a situation is to merely disregard the barking and carry on with one’s business. The more attention one pays to the senseless barking, the more incessantly the dog barks. After firmly grounding oneself in disregarding such thoughts and whispers, one will, insha Allah, find peace and tranquility in the heart and mind. Along with this, you should recite Ta‘awwudh (i.e. أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم ) abundantly.

Ml. Yusuf bin Yaqub,
      askimam.org
      Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Thanks you two for the great advice :)

Comment

Working...
        X