sunnah fasting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunnah fasting

I want to try sunnah fasting this upcoming Monday. So can I have a bowl of cereal really early in the morning? Sunset isn't until like 10.00. My parents will likely force me to eat my dinner before that. Is water and gum allowed? Help!

Re: sunnah fasting

:salams

Lolz. You can't drink water or chew gum. :p You have to stay away from all kinds of foods.

But, you can eat a bowl of cereal before Fajr prayer (that's the early morning prayer).
    You can check the timings of each prayers at this website. Click here.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Thank you brother you are very helpful
      I can also eat a meal after Maghrib correct?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenOreo View Post
        Thank you brother you are very helpful
        I can also eat a meal after Maghrib correct?
        Yes. :insha: :up:
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

If you are in a state of impurity, which for women goes for a few days, then in that condition Allah has exempted you both from prayers and also from fasting. Also, you should not be touching the Quran, till you are out of the state of impurity and take ghusl
          لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

Just a word of caution and friendly advice sister. I'm not sure if anyone has said this, and apologies if they have, but this seems like a good time. I understand that you are new to Islam and hence I'd advise you, from personal experiences as well as from others, to take things easy.

Slow and gradual change is likely to be more permanent that a whole lot of things done in a hurry. Also, doing too much too soon can make you feel overwhelmed and weaken your resolve and eventually "burnout" (and we seek refuge in Allah from that).

For example, your ipod playlist thread. What I would do is to not delete all my music straight away, because it's more likely that I'd go back to it in a few days/weeks time as it is so ingrained in my system and I'm so used to it. A more wise approach would be gradually reduce it and even replace it with similar Islamic "songs" (ones without music ofcourse) and inshAllah you'd be set.

Now with this thread. For a new Muslim I would not advise regular sunnah fasts at this stage. (But since Ramadan is coming up, you should probably keep a few every now and then to prepare yourself). I think it would be better to get your Fardh (obligatory) acts sorted first before moving on to the optional.

Keep in mind that the above is merely advice and it's not meant to be patronising lecture. I don't know you, and how strong your character and resolve is. Apologies for the length and if I've said anything wrong or offensive.

And as always Allah Knows Best.

Comment

^ :wswrwb:

I think its a very good advise, and our sister is very young. She should take the above advise and any good advises and words of encouragement anyone has given on this forum.

I also think as of now she should focus on basic things such as how to pray correctly. Learn the minimum requirements .i.e., the fard (mandatory) actions that completes a prayer.

As for sunnah fasting, once in a while in the coming days till the month of ramadhan starts, should be good, as that will give her the idea of how to go about with fasting
              Last edited by truepath; 18-06-11, 10:20 AM.

Comment

i fasted today from 10 last night to 5.23 tonight, when i broke the fast.

Comment

you mean from 10pm at night? to 5.23 am or pm?

Comment

↑So I think, you broke your fast before maghrib?

Comment

Yes, i am dissappointed with myself but my mom made supper at 600 and made me eat. before supper at 523 pm i had a few crackers since i was starving, and now i feel bad. its just i was too much of an idiot to get up at sunrise for a small bowl of cereal, and so i had extra fasting hours in that made me hungry. im prepared for you to lecture me. i will do better next time inshAllah. :(

Comment

Lecture you? Lol.

At least, you had good intentions.
                        Also, are you sure Maghrib is at 10pm? That seems pretty late to me.

But anyways, focus on your obligatory (fardh) duties for now, because you will be questioned for these, not the Sunnahs.

May Allah make it easy for you. :up:

Comment

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerD...home=2011-6-21

Yeah, I guess maybe I should learn how to actually pray first before sunnah fasting. But it wasnt actually that hard. Maybe I can do it every Monday, maybe Thursday...

Comment

Oh wow! It is pretty late!

Have you talked to your mom, though, about fasting?

Comment

Yeah, my city is up north so its late.
                              If i told my mom i was fasting, she'd forbid me from it. she thinks it's dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X