Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this haram?

Salam,
    I'm interested in buying an iMac and they have financing plans which would make it easier to purchase but I was wondering whether it was haram.
    For example:
    For 1.8k I can pay that over three years if I pay 14.9% of that one-off for using the finance service?
    Essentially I am being provided a service but is it haram?

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Re: Is this haram?

if you dont have to pay any extra because of taking the plan, then its halal. otherwise its a form of usery.

imo 1.8k for a toy is abit lavish though. if you cant afford it in one shot you shouldent get it cause its then a liability.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Perhpas you ought to conact a local scholar akhi, for the best answer!
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for usĒ - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by 786ridz View Post
        Salam,
        I'm interested in buying an iMac and they have financing plans which would make it easier to purchase but I was wondering whether it was haram.
        For example:
        For 1.8k I can pay that over three years if I pay 14.9% of that one-off for using the finance service?
        Essentially I am being provided a service but is it haram?
        cant you take out a islamic loan from a islamic bank or something to buy it?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

I can afford it easily enough I think but it would be easier if it was halal so then I could pay over a period of time

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

if you can afford it easily then i'd buy it if i were you. no point in giving them extra cash for nothing.....

Comment

Working...
            X