X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX1300
    started a topic Gift for finishing Quran

Gift for finishing Quran

My younger brother is close to completing the Quran and I was just wondering what gift would be ideal for him?

Completing the Quran for my bro is a great achievement i.e. he has learning difficulties, if I am honest I never would have thought he would completed it, so as you can imagine I along with the whole family are very, very happy for him, and we are very grateful to Allah (SWT). It is a great honour to have read the whole Quran.

He takes it very seriously as well, has a great attitude. He puts me to shame and I am just very proud of him.

What would be an ideal present?

I am thinking something he would enjoy but would also be educational in someway.

But I don't have a clue, do you guys have any suggestions?

• Jaeger
    replied
    Re: Gift for finishing Quran

I'm happy you're brother became a hafiz. It's cool.

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    I can't comment what gift to buy him but I'd say take him out for a meal aswell some place. Invite some of his close friends aswell if you want or make it a whole family meal. Think that might be nice.
    Yeh, we will prob have a party with family friends invited.

As I said, he has learning difficulties, problems concentrating, he can't sit in the same place for too long etc. When younger I really thought he wouldn't be able to finish the Quran, he was stuck on the qaida for ages, which is expected for someone like him. But in the last few years, when it comes to the Quran he is like a different person. Practices alot, always reading extra, concentration is not an issue for some reason, he has a fantastic attitude, you could not tell he has learning difficulties.

Now for him to be nearly finished, it is the equivalent of a normal person having climbed Mount Everest, it really is a big thing. I can only think that my mums duas for him have helped.

I am very, very, very happy, overjoyed, words can't express the happiness I feel. It is one of the greatest honours (to have recited the Quran).

I asked him what he wanted to do when he finished, he simply said read it again.

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

I can't comment what gift to buy him but I'd say take him out for a meal aswell some place. Invite some of his close friends aswell if you want or make it a whole family meal. Think that might be nice.

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied

Thanks people.

I really like the digital Quran idea. Fantastic.

Thanks for the time and kind words!

Leave a comment:

• .Abu.Rambo.
    replied

how about a small party ?

it's no small feat he's completed subhan'Allah may Allah give him toufeeq to complete it many times more!

Leave a comment:

• Ummu Ismail
    replied

subhaanAllah just realized that the thread is okld, but hey what did u get him???

Leave a comment:

• Ummu Ismail
    replied

waalaikumsalaam wa rahmatuAllah,

How about Hajj or umrah? Maybe your family or the muslim community can pitch him and get him a ticket inshaAllah

Leave a comment:

• ~ Jumana ~
    replied

MashAllah
    Mubarak to your brother

I would say think of something he REALLY wanted ! something he always wished he could get ! and surprise him with it .

Leave a comment:

• muslimaghareeba
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Digital Qur'an.
    :up:
    :salams

firstly ALLAHU Akbar mashaALLAH your brother seems soo inspirational , i love reading such heart warming stories..
    aside from making lots of duas continuously for your broher(and the rest of us) you can get him a really nice athan watch or one of those canvas paintings (inshaALLAH il be getting one myself) with his favorite verse or "Verily, With Hardship Comes Ease" (Surah al-Sharh,94 or a verse on patience ..

but i think the digital Quran sounds like a really good idea though.

:wswrwb:

Leave a comment:

• Blossom1x
    replied

Just buy something that he likes and is beneficial.

Leave a comment:

• Fuaadh
    replied

Hmm an arabic calligraphic canvas made from his name?

English translation of the Quran? Riyadhu us Saaliheen? You know what he likes the best (his dislikes and stuff and we don't so inshaAllah just buy what you think he will like and I'm sure he would love it :)

Leave a comment:

• Meh!
    replied

^ +1

although give it a good try/testing before buying and buy from a good make, the one i had wasn't all that :(

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
    He's 17.

Thanks for your dua. :D

Are there any special duas I should make?
    :masha: a teen :d

In general ofcourse make loadsa du'a for him like he completes Qur'aan soon and with ease and and that he (and we all) implement it in our life etc etc etc........don't know about special du'a though.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Digital Qur'an.

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied

He's 17.

Thanks for your dua. :D

Are there any special duas I should make?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X