Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nosy people, what to do with them

i can't 'avoid' people, that's impractical

i can't also be rude, and say mind your bussiness.

so what do you do with them

Re: nosy people, what to do with them

/facepalm. +

Comment

:salams

you elminated both of my suggestions ,

avoding them isnt that impratcical because your just filtering out the specific ones who are always meddling in your life

i know some people dont realize their being nosey so you can just kindly inform them ..how much you hate it
      ... " im sure its not your intention but i dont like when you ask me about my private life, im sorry if what im saying offends you, but please stop asking me about -----(fill in the blank)

if they still went at it ..id probably give the most ever -so- polite -sarcastic smile and tell them to beat it..but thats just moi

:wswrwb:
      La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

:salams

Just tell them it's a private matter and you'd rather not discuss.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

or change the subject when they ask you something personal. They will get the message.

(some people are so nosy they still don't get the message , so thats when you need to be upfront.
          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

dont tell them anything personal, dont answer their questions when they start to pry into your life.
            I know some people can be quite forceful, some just dont get the message even when you tell them its none of their business. I said that to someone and got the reply, "Oh dont worry I can keep a secret." So I smiled and said, "Would you like some tea?"

Avoiding isn't such a bad thing, you can always be too busy for a chat, that works well. Or you have a sore throat today, dont feel well. There is the silent treatment as well/Ignoring them. That works well.
            Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]
            :lailah::ahb:

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
              or change the subject when they ask you something personal. They will get the message.

(some people are so nosy they still don't get the message , so thats when you need to be upfront.
              OR even worse ! they DO get the message but keep on squeezing the information they want out of you ! May Allah give me sabr ! :S !
              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by Leemar Tayem View Post
                OR even worse ! they DO get the message but keep on squeezing the information they want out of you ! May Allah give me sabr ! :S !
                they pick on the ones they know they can get information out of, so be careful lol
                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm probably gonna get bashed, but here goes ...

I'm guessing this is more of a Problem for sisters cause they do a whole lot more gossiping or prying into other peoples businesses then the bro's ...

:jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

when you know someone is of nosy nature...next time you are around them...just randomly bring about a subject where you want to know more about a person...and then correct yourself by saying "oh nvm...I shouldnt be nosy...I hate it when people dont get the hint to stay out of my business and here im doing the same thing..silly me..I hate nosiness."

so that nosy person will hear this monologue and think "err .he he..(uncomfortable laugh)...yeah me..too...darn those nosy people".

repeat process as many times as you like.

Comment

1.mumble. when they ask for clarification mumble again. when they ask again then mumble again. by the third time they will be too embarassed to ask and will pretend they heard.

2. failing that just start talking around the general topic but nowt specific. if their thick they won't realise till later that you didn't answer the question; if their intelligent they will realise but again perhaps be embarassed to ask again. and if they do ask again do the same thing. they'll probably think your slow and dont understand what the question is but we can't please every one.

3. finally and my favourite, act like never heard the question or do that thing you do when someone asks you something and you don't know what they said but you're too embarassed to ask them to repeat . . . ie
                      Bob: So how'z the new job going? Is Bill still the ksdhjfjasjfh he always was?
                      Jim: *smiles* I know. *smiles*
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post

I'm guessing this is more of a Problem for sisters cause they do a whole lot more gossiping or prying into other peoples businesses then the bro's ...

nah akhi, you would never deserve a bash and actually i used to believe this too...but then...i just don't know anymore...it seems brothers can be just as bad
                        Last edited by Tahiyah; 29-05-11, 10:21 PM.

Comment

It's something that isn't there business, simply say 'I don't really feel comfortable discussing that at the moment...' .

It's not exceptionally rude, but they'll also feel less inclined to be nosy next time round.
                          "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

This.

its amazing HOW nosy people can be, its quite mind boggling. i would love to just say mind your own you nosy so and so but would rather not be rude so yes.

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                            2. failing that just start talking around the general topic but nowt specific. if their thick they won't realise till later that you didn't answer the question; if their intelligent they will realise but again perhaps be embarassed to ask again. and if they do ask again do the same thing. they'll probably think your slow and dont understand what the question is but we can't please every one.
                            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

trust me brothers these days are just as bad if not more

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post

The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Working...
                              X