Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig Compost (halal to use??)

Salam alaikum
    A question to my friends. We bought this house, and found pig peat bags in the garden. I am sure they are good for the plants, but as muslims can we use them ?
    Few things to note:

1) I didn't buy them
    2) I am thinking of using them only for flowering plants
    3) If I buy manure from supermarkets, even they have such things included (blood, bone,peat)

So, back to the question, can I use them or not. If not, can I atleast leave it on the pavement and let anybody take them, or I have to bin them.

Wassalam

Re: Pig Compost (halal to use??)

Wailikum Salaam,

Avoid all things from swine, for your own good whether it's allowed or not ...

find other alternatives ...

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

well, i don't have very relevant idea about your question. but i know, that pig is harram, and every thing regarding pid, is harram to use..
      [URL="http://www.quranreading.com/"][B]Quran[/B] [/URL]| [URL="http://www.quranreading.com/learn-quran"][B]Online Quran Learning[/B][/URL]

Comment

god almighty, its not like you're going to eat the damn compost - it don't take a fatwa to work that one out

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
        www.QuranicAudio.com
        www.Quran.com

Comment

:wswrwb:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: I heard Allah's Apostle, in the year of the Conquest of Mecca, saying, "Allah and His Apostle made illegal the trade of alcohol, dead animals, pigs and idols." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What about the fat of dead animals, for it was used for greasing the boats and the hides; and people use it for lights?" He said, "No, it is illegal." Allah's Apostle further said, "May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah made the fat (of animals) illegal for them, yet they melted the fat and sold it and ate its price." Sahih Bukhari Book #34, Hadith #438.

stay faaaaaaar away from it, you can make your own compost with virtually anything(well maybe not anything) but eggshells ,branches,twigs,vegetable and frut scraps,coffee...

:salams
          La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

I don't know what the ruling is to actually use it in a garden.

But you might be interested to know that - in the wild and lots of remote places wild pigs and boar roam in woods, and they venture into fields, I've seen it myself. They inevitably drop their faeces all over the ground, it decays (becomes compost if you like) and the nutrients go back into the ground. Plants grow and we eat the plants - and the question of haram doesn't crop up. Likewise dead animals will rot and the nutrients will be released back into the soil. Once it's in the soil plants will use it, and it doesn't depend where it came from. The plants are halal to eat.
            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
              I don't know what the ruling is to actually use it in a garden.

But you might be interested to know that - in the wild and lots of remote places wild pigs and boar roam in woods, and they venture into fields, I've seen it myself. They inevitably drop their faeces all over the ground, it decays (becomes compost if you like) and the nutrients go back into the ground. Plants grow and we eat the plants - and the question of haram doesn't crop up. Likewise dead animals will rot and the nutrients will be released back into the soil. Once it's in the soil plants will use it, and it doesn't depend where it came from. The plants are halal to eat.
              :salams you definitely have a point but wouldnt this situation be a bit different because in a sense the op can kind of control where the nutrients from the compost he is using are derived from? just a thouht....

La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

^ I agree. That's a good point.

wa alaikum asalaam
                الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

stay away from all pig material

just to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by muslimaghareeba View Post
                    :salams you definitely have a point but wouldnt this situation be a bit different because in a sense the op can kind of control where the nutrients from the compost he is using are derived from? just a thouht....

Wa'laikum al-salam.

Well yes that's why I said I wasn't sure and he or she should probably go and ask for a legal opinion. But it was just a thought that came to mind...
                    ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                    a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                    worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                    a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                    and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                    (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Legal opinion aside, just some facts:

No part of the pig or its faeces is used for consumption, or bodily use. The pig compost is going to be buried in the earth (garden) as it would be in the case of dead pigs or other animals and faeces thrown away. (Due to health concerns)

The compost, even if it was used for plants that bore fruit, the fruit is of a totally different nature.

Comment

Why go into doubtful matters? Just get rid of it that way you 100% safe inshaAllah
                        http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post

Why go into doubtful matters? Just get rid of it that way you 100% safe inshaAllah
                          ditto,

:jkk:
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                          X