Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we eat blood in meat?

Salam

I understand that blood is haram to consume. Then sometimes you go to restaurants and the meat is "rare" or "medium rare" and you can see blood in it. Or sometimes I eat chicken from an indian shop and theres blood inside. Is it haram to eat?

Salam

Re: Can we eat blood in meat?

Originally posted by Pinkpink View Post
    Salam

I understand that blood is haram to consume. Then sometimes you go to restaurants and the meat is "rare" or "medium rare" and you can see blood in it. Or sometimes I eat chicken from an indian shop and theres blood inside. Is it haram to eat?

Salam
    Salam

Most people mistake myoglobin in cooked meat (i.e. the juices in a steak) for blood, blood when cooked curdles and is usually black in colour (i.e. black pudding - pigs blood cooked as an English dish) and is bitter in taste, a bit like kidneys or liver. If there is blood in raw meat, wash it then cook it. If a Muslim serves you meat and says it is halal, there isn't much you can do other then take them at their word, otherwise get your own chickens and such and slaughter it yourself!

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Glorfindel; 20-05-11, 08:36 PM.
    ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
    سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
    بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
    فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق

Comment

You cant eat chicken rare!

I have rare bloody steak. Awaiting a ruling!
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Glorfindel View Post
        Salam

Most people mistake myoglobin in cooked meat (i.e. the juices in a steak) for blood, blood when cooked curdles and is usually black in colour (i.e. black pudding - pigs blood cooked as an English dish) and is bitter in taste, a bit like kidneys or liver. If there is blood in raw meat, wash it then cook it. If a Muslim serves you meat and says it is halal, there isn't much you can do other then take them at their word, otherwise get your own chickens and such and slaughter it yourself!

I hope this helps.
        Oh yes the myoglobin I guess is what I was wondering about. JazakAllah khair. Can we not eat liver then if it is full of blood?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkpink View Post
          Oh yes the myoglobin I guess is what I was wondering about. JazakAllah khair. Can we not eat liver then if it is full of blood?
          The Liver is not full of blood, when the animal is slaughtered (dhabiha) most of the blood is drained away, it is true some blood remains in capillaries and such but unless you are planning on centrifuging the meat you'll probably not be able to get rid of all of it, as for the liver although it detoxifies blood it doesn't contain more blood than any other organ/muscle group after the animal has been slaughtered. The reason that cooked blood tastes the same as liver/kidney is because of the comparative iron contain of both erythrocytes (red blood cells) and hepatocytes (liver cells).

Just eat it dude!
          ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
          سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
          بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
          فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق

Comment

Originally posted by Glorfindel View Post
            The Liver is not full of blood, when the animal is slaughtered (dhabiha) most of the blood is drained away, it is true some blood remains in capillaries and such but unless you are planning on centrifuging the meat you'll probably not be able to get rid of all of it, as for the liver although it detoxifies blood it doesn't contain more blood than any other organ/muscle group after the animal has been slaughtered. The reason that cooked blood tastes the same as liver/kidney is because of the comparative iron contain of both erythrocytes (red blood cells) and hepatocytes (liver cells).

Just eat it dude!
            oh ok jazakAllah khair for your help.

Comment

The blood that is still in the meat can be consumed.
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm liver...

Comment

Working...
                X