Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about Wudu

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
    guys relax. most people don't know what madhab they belong to and let's not set up as if these are "clans". The labels of madhaahib are really useful to people of higher knowledge to demonstrate which rules of interpretation they're applying in their fiqh etc. to the common people saying "im hanafi, im shafi" is meaningless because they do not know poop from jam about fiqh.

No hanbali aalim will say "you're a maliki so i cannot answer your question". A person of any madhab can ask anyone and follow that opinion. No need to set up camps and try to win numbers. That's just an ugly face of Islam people are constructing.
    :) I was only havin a bit of fun with trying to wind up med..

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
      786ridz: do you know what school of law you follow or which of the 4 great Imams you follow?

They are:
      Imam Abu Hanifah,
      Imam Malik
      Imam Shafiee
      Imam Ahmad ibn Hambal?
      I reject to this persuasive tack tick of placing Imam abu haneefa first, Also how come the list does not include ibn hazam and sufiyan athawri's mathab? Also the mathab of Layth..

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
        I reject to this persuasive tack tick of placing Imam abu haneefa first, Also how come the list does not include ibn hazam and sufiyan athawri's mathab? Also the mathab of Layth..
        LOL ...

Because their Madhabs died out ...

Comment

After class, I and some of my friends perform wudhu and salah in one of the lab rooms adjacent to the staff lounge. Once a teacher walked in on her way to the teacher's lounge and she saw the Chem teacher washing his arms in a sink, myself doing masah of the head, another boy with his foot in the sink, and someone else finishing azan. Sh ewas like, WHAT??, she immediately turned and ran out. We LOL'd. Another time, two teachers walked and one of them booked one of the brothers doing the paindoo move [that's what we call getting caught standing with your foot in the lab sink]. She was so shocked, but she played it off quickly. The last time, the teacher pretended like he didn't see anything.
          Basically, you should try to establish and pray salah in a group, and this will erase shyness and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
            He's place first because it is in chronological order.

Comment

you guys are confusing this poor kid, he's only around 11/12!

Brother, make wudhu in the morning then wear a pair of clean socks *with no big holes in them* and if you need to make wudhu again at school then make wudhu as usual but when it comes to washing the feet, wipe over your socks. It is allowed, the deen is easy alhumdu'lillah
              http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                you guys are confusing this poor kid, he's only around 11/12!

Brother, make wudhu in the morning then wear a pair of clean socks *with no big holes in them* and if you need to make wudhu again at school then make wudhu as usual but when it comes to washing the feet, wipe over your socks. It is allowed, the deen is easy alhumdu'lillah
                Leather Socks ... LOL

Comment

:wswrwb:

Putting plastic bag under foot to stop it becoming impure when doing Wudu. What a brilliant idea! I've got to remember this the next time I go somewhere which might have dirty floors inshaAllah.
                  Please include me in your Dua.

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
                    Leather Socks ... LOL
                    Thick cotton socks work just as well.

I tried wearing khuffs to my job for easier wudu and after an 8 hour shift, my feet were black and covered with blisters.
                    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                      Thick cotton socks work just as well.

I tried wearing khuffs to my job for easier wudu and after an 8 hour shift, my feet were black and covered with blisters.
                      You should get a pair of sealskins, they fulfil all the conditions for leather socks and are comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
                        You should get a pair of sealskins, they fulfil all the conditions for leather socks and are comfortable.
                        I've heard they get very smelly
                        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                          I've heard they get very smelly
                          Never really had such a problem :scratch: .. But then again i got like 5 pairs

Comment

Working...
                          X