Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Wudu

Salam,

Say if your in a public place or at school and you need to do Wudu and you need to wash your feet. Public toilet floors are very dirty and it is hard to wash your feet without getting them dirty again! It is also embrassing and incovenient to other people.

What should I do?

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Re: Question about Wudu

:wswrwb:

Wash one foot, then put your shoes on, then wash the other foot.

As for embarrassing, don't worry about what people think.
    When you have to pray, you have to pray. Let them think what they want to think.
    Allah will be pleased with you. :insha:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

The above is slightly problematic according to some of the mathahib, as you will stop the flow of actions and the issue of the foot drying when you put your sock on before washing the other.

Wash both of them, and as long as no najasa [impurity according to the shariah] comes on your feet it is fine, put your socks back on.

If you follow the hanabila, then make wudu in the morning and place socks on. if you follow the others, then wear leather socks, will make life easy for you ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 786ridz View Post
        Salam,

Say if your in a public place or at school and you need to do Wudu and you need to wash your feet. Public toilet floors are very dirty and it is hard to wash your feet without getting them dirty again! It is also embrassing and incovenient to other people.

What should I do?

wash one foot, put yer sock on and put yr shoe on. then do teh same with the left foot.

an alternative is to do wudhu at home in the morning and then put on khuffs which in urdu they call "mozey". if you do this then when your wudhu breaks you don't need to wash your feet for 24 hours and can get away with just wiping your wet hands over the front part of the foot.

I'm assuming you follow the hanafi school of law (if you're pakistani or indian or bengali or afghan then chances are you do).
        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Do what I do and just never leave your home without being ready for masah. (described above in case you're wondering.)
          Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Salam,

What should I do?
            salaams to all
            why dont you carry a pair of cheap plastic sandals with u? or keep a pair at school-if possible?
            otherwise remove your socks and stand with your feet on your shoes instead of in them. press down the back/heelpart of your shoes so they resemble sandals.
            this way its easier to wash both feet during wudhu. then u just slip ur feet into your shoes (i know they are still wet) and you can now maybe use your sock to wipe your feet.
            thats what i do.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

even though i may be just talking to myself here, if your going to wash one foot and put your socks on and then your other, just make sure the time it takes you to do that would not be longer for the foot to dry as this would break the continuity of the wudu and it would be invalid.

I know this to be of the Hanabila, what does the Hanafee mathab say meds?

Also,

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
                The above is slightly problematic according to some of the mathahib, as you will stop the flow of actions and the issue of the foot drying when you put your sock on before washing the other.

Wash both of them, and as long as no najasa [impurity according to the shariah] comes on your feet it is fine, put your socks back on.

If you follow the hanabila, then make wudu in the morning and place socks on. if you follow the others, then wear leather socks, will make life easy for you ;)
                I also read that all parts of the body which are involved in wudhu need to be wet at the completion of the wudhu, but I find this almost impossible to do. They get dry before i can finish the wudhu..they'll be sorta moisty though. The short sleeves on my shirt also I notice will dry a bit of my forearms on the top when im moving around to do other parts...

Is this an interpretation of the hadith problem? I just dont see it because of the extreme difficulty involved especially in washrooms outside the house.

which madhab says and based on what that the parts involved don't need to be wet at completion? Is moist good enough?

Comment

If while making wudu’ I wash my right foot and dry it then wash my left one then dry it, does this invalidate the continuity of wudu’?.

Praise be to Allaah.
                  Continuity in wudoo’ means not delaying washing one part until the one before it has dried within a moderate amount of time, such as if the part dries because of intense heat or a breeze or by being dried with a towel, for example, if the time taken for drying it does not take too long; what matters is that it should not take too much time.

Some of the scholars describe continuity as meaning that there should not be too much time, as defined by custom, between the washing of various parts of the body, and that is not limited to the time it takes to dry them.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni (1/181): The continuity that is required is that one should not leave washing another part of the body until enough time has elapsed for the previous part to dry within a moderate amount of time, because a part may dry quickly at some times and not others. End quote.

It says in Kashf al-Qinaa’ (1/105): Continuity means that one does not delay washing one part until after the part before it has dried at a time when it is neither too hot nor too cold. So one does not delay washing the hands until the face has dried, or delay wiping the head until the hands have dried, or washing the feet until the head has died if it is washed. From this it may be known that if a person delays wiping the head until his face has dried but not his hands, that does not matter. End quote.

Based on this, if a person washes his right foot then dries it, then he washes his left foot without taking as much time as it would ordinarily take for it to dry by itself, then his wudoo’ is valid.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Comment

Salam,

What should I do?
                    wa alaykum salaam,

is there any chance you can use the disabled toilets? They have bigger sinks! You will also have the whole washroom to yourself and you should not be causing inconvinience to anybody in sha Allah
                    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Within the Ahnaaf opinion, I think the drying thing is classed as a Sunnah but it doesnt necessarily nullify the wudhu.
                      Otherwise there wouldnt be this also? http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...12371&act=view
                      Allahu Alam.

Comment

Fo the feet issue just put a plastic bag on the floor and stay on it until you finish doing your wdhu.
                        No dirty feet, no interrupted wdhu plus a plastic bag doesn't occupy much space.
                        أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

jazakAllahu khairan. nailed my question. akhi abu.

I have another question: Does ghusl include wudhu that is not done because of janabah?
                          from islamqa
                          Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If ghusl is being done to remove janaabah, and the person who is doing ghusl intends to remove both types of impurity, minor and major, it is sufficient for both. But if the ghusl is done for some other reason, such as ghusl for Jumu’ah, or bathing to cool oneself down or clean oneself, then it does not take the place of wudoo’ even if one intends that, because when bathing for these purposes, one does not pay attention to the order in which the parts of the body are washed, which is one of the obligatory parts of wudoo’, and because there is no major purification in the intention whereby the minor purification could be included in the intention, as in the case of ghusl to remove janaabah. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (10/173).
                          Are there any alternate opinions?

Comment

clever idea indeed

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
                              even though i may be just talking to myself here, if your going to wash one foot and put your socks on and then your other, just make sure the time it takes you to do that would not be longer for the foot to dry as this would break the continuity of the wudu and it would be invalid.

I know this to be of the Hanabila, what does the Hanafee mathab say meds?

Also,
                              This is not an issue for the hanafis and it would be better for us to ascertain which madhab he follows rather than giving every opinion as this may cause confusion.

Based on the fact the majority are the hanbalis are a minority in number and the hanafis are greater and followed in more regions and predominate it would have been wise to refrain from giving the hanbali view to avoid confusion.

So to clarify, if the thread starter is hanafi then it doesn't matter if all your limbs have dried and you wash one limb (in this case the foot) after washing the other limbs.
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                              X