Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Re: To pray or not to pray

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
        youre about to pray your namaaz. You have to resort to praying in a quiet deseted large room. There are lots of furniture around you. You are just about to make your niyat.

You hear a clear voice coming from behinf you. It says if you pray your namaaz i will kill you right here. Then you here a the sound of metal against metal as though a sword is being drawn from its holder.

You are stunned for a good couple of seconds. Then you slowly turn around and there is no one there.

Would you still turn back around and pray?
        I would say audhubillahi minashaytanir rajeem, then turn around and pray. After the conclusion of the prayer, I'd go get myself checked for schizophrenia.

Comment

The voices associated scizophrenia are usually instructing you to kill someone, as opposed saying that they will kill you.

Hearing voices is not that uncommon but is usually associated with bad stuff.

If the hypothetical situation actually happened you would have the a very brave person to stay standing there let alone pray there. I would recommend getting out there and praying somewhere else later. As allah is the most forgiving and he would understand. To read one prayer it is not worth risking your life.
          Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

The voices associated scizophrenia are usually instructing you to kill someone, as opposed saying that they will kill you.

Hearing voices is not that uncommon but is usually associated with bad stuff.

If the hypothetical situation actually happened you would have the a very brave person to stay standing there let alone pray there. I would recommend getting out there and praying somewhere else later. As allah is the most forgiving and he would understand. To read one prayer it is not worth risking your life.
            I thought the person wasn't real, it was just a voice?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

you dont know if its just a voice, a shaytaan or a real person, thats the point, becuase you cant be sure if the threat is real however the voice you heard clearly, therefore not worth risking.

The answers here are not what was expected.

If I was to answer it I would say:

When ever you are going to do something right shaytaan or someone under his influence will try to stop you or come in your way. Unless it is the will of Allah, because you may percieve it as being right when in fact it is wrong or bad for you. When you are going to go pray then shaytaan will always try to stop you, therefore there is probably great reward in fighting what ever comes in the way of namaaz, the thing that brings you closer you god, gives your life routine, keeps you focused, and even gives your body some beneficial exercise.

Therefore applying this to the situation, the important thing is not just praying the namaaz but being sure we are safe to enough to pray the namaaz and to pray it fully. Do not take advantage of this and then saying oh i cant pray its not safe, or i dont feel upto it. Always try your best to pray. But in this situation you cant be sure if the threat is real or not but have to take it seriously for you have a duty to yourself aswell. So I would get out from that room/area and pray somewhere as soon as possible somewhere else.

Another situation if you and a friend were in a battle situation. You were not sure if it was safe,maybe there were some unfriendlies in the area. The best thing would be for one person to stay on gaurd while the other prayers and then swapping round.

Another thing if a person heres voices it does not necessay mean there is something worng with them, or does it. Moses heard a voice out form no where something like "I for even I am Allah" but would you call him a schizophrenic?
              Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts... ...take with a pinch of salt.
                taken the pinch of salt, thanks.
                ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

why dont you find something better to do instead of this kind of crap hypothetical questions. and your examples are more pathetic than your hypothetical questions like ur friend blatantly asking you to leave out salah otherwise you will miss the business deal or wife saying dont go for salah otherwise she will leave you. seriously, grow a brain and find something better to do.
                  لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                    Let us not waste time on hypothetical, admittedly nonsensical scenarios and actually start praying and capitalising on our time.
                    I agree absolutely.
                    Why think of silly scenarios. You could do such thoughtless and fruitless exercises forever and they are in themselves a distraction from Islam. Such things verge on entertainment imo.

Comment

What would you IF you were stuck in a desert type area and there was no water and you had to prayer namaaz. If you never asked this 'hypothetical' question you may have never acquired the knowledge to know what to do in this situation in the first place. So dont question my question.

Yeah man its all entertainment, lifes a game, it says so in the quraan, carry on playing. But theres a difference between playing the actual game and messing around.

Comment

ignore...rep of post

Comment

you dont know if its just a voice, a shaytaan or a real person, thats the point, becuase you cant be sure if the threat is real however the voice you heard clearly, therefore not worth risking.

The answers here are not what was expected.

If I was to answer it I would say:

When ever you are going to do something right shaytaan or someone under his influence will try to stop you or come in your way. Unless it is the will of Allah, because you may percieve it as being right when in fact it is wrong or bad for you. When you are going to go pray then shaytaan will always try to stop you, therefore there is probably great reward in fighting what ever comes in the way of namaaz, the thing that brings you closer you god, gives your life routine, keeps you focused, and even gives your body some beneficial exercise.

Therefore applying this to the situation, the important thing is not just praying the namaaz but being sure we are safe to enough to pray the namaaz and to pray it fully. Do not take advantage of this and then saying oh i cant pray its not safe, or i dont feel upto it. Always try your best to pray. But in this situation you cant be sure if the threat is real or not but have to take it seriously for you have a duty to yourself aswell. So I would get out from that room/area and pray somewhere as soon as possible somewhere else.

Another situation if you and a friend were in a battle situation. You were not sure if it was safe,maybe there were some unfriendlies in the area. The best thing would be for one person to stay on gaurd while the other prayers and then swapping round.

Another thing if a person heres voices it does not necessay mean there is something worng with them, or does it. Moses heard a voice out form no where something like "I for even I am Allah" but would you call him a schizophrenic?
                          If you wanted to exemplify all this, you needed a better scenario. If I heard a voice and saw that no one was there...then no one is there and I proceed. Going to another room does nothing as that voice can follow unless it doesn't have a visa to the other room.

moral of the thread: make sure you are praying under safe conditions and neutralize any danger that is apparent. But common sense would scream this anyway...

Comment

Working...
                          X