To pray or not to pray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To pray or not to pray

youre about to pray your namaaz. You have to resort to praying in a quiet deseted large room. There are lots of furniture around you. You are just about to make your niyat.

You hear a clear voice coming from behinf you. It says if you pray your namaaz i will kill you right here. Then you here a the sound of metal against metal as though a sword is being drawn from its holder.

You are stunned for a good couple of seconds. Then you slowly turn around and there is no one there.

Would you still turn back around and pray?
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Re: To pray or not to pray

:salams

Was this a dream you saw?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

is this a hypothetical question or for real? :S
      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
        is this a hypothetical question or for real? :S
        How can it be for real when it is stated as a question?

"youre about to pray your namaaz. You have to resort to praying in a quiet deseted large room. There are lots of furniture around you. You are just about to make your niyat."

It is not a dream, as the prophet PBUH said never to relate a bad dream. A hypothetical question based on a slight exageration.
        Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

Real incidents can be stated as a question, too.

But, I would continue praying, unless I actually saw someone with certainty who's about to kill me.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Let us not waste time on hypothetical, admittedly nonsensical scenarios and actually start praying and capitalising on our time.
            What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Real incidents can be stated as a question, too.

But, I would continue praying, unless I actually saw someone with certainty who's about to kill me.
              exactly! so calm down rafhelp!!!

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

you have not not understood the question she asked. She asked is this a hypothetical OR real incident.

By real incident she meant like has it ACTAULLY HAPPENED in reality. I.e in the past in reality. But as it is a question, i.e.. "say you are JUST ABOUT TO"... then going by the tense and the form of statement it cant be based on a real incident.

yes question can be stated on real incident in the past i.e "was bin laden really assasinated?" BUT the question is clearly asking about a past incident as in the word "WAS", which is a word used in general questions and is in past tense.

Any lets not dwell on this, but answer the question

You have to understand the question and what it implies. OK it is very rare that this will happen to you BUT something similar may happen for example, it is nammaz time your about to go, then your 'friend' says ,bro dont go to namaaz, we will lose out on this business deal for sure. Or you are going to go for namaz and your biwi, or fiance says dont go otherwise you dont respect my opinion and i will break up with you.. etc..... it is a deep question, if you take it at face value you may just laugh. Shaytaan comes in many forms.

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
                  You have to understand the question and what it implies. OK it is very rare that this will happen to you BUT something similar may happen for example, it is nammaz time your about to go, then your 'friend' says ,bro dont go to namaaz, we will lose out on this business deal for sure. Or you are going to go for namaz and your biwi, or fiance says dont go otherwise you dont respect my opinion and i will break up with you.. etc..... it is a deep question, if you take it at face value you may just laugh. Shaytaan comes in many forms.
                  Forget the business deal, I have to show my face to Allah
                  Nothing is more important than salah, not even your family. No excuse to miss it.

Comment

if that ever happend id be sooooooo gutted at my stupidity in marrying the stupidest muslimah ever

and when i got back from prayer, id probably pack her bags for her :up:

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
                      you have not not understood the question she asked. She asked is this a hypothetical OR real incident.

By real incident she meant like has it ACTAULLY HAPPENED in reality. I.e in the past in reality. But as it is a question, i.e.. "say you are JUST ABOUT TO"... then going by the tense and the form of statement it cant be based on a real incident.

yes question can be stated on real incident in the past i.e "was bin laden really assasinated?" BUT the question is clearly asking about a past incident as in the word "WAS", which is a word used in general questions and is in past tense.

Any lets not dwell on this, but answer the question

ok whatever, a pretty dumb hypothetical question. Who will admit their sins and say 'yeah id go for the business deal and miss salah' most people here will never miss salah for anything anyway, in sha Allah

Comment

i would turn around and say good joke, good joke bruce willis now gtfo out of my house and i dont want to see dead people. then i would quickly pray and then hide in my little tent in my room

Comment

I would pray. When you pray, pray as if someone has a gun pointed at you and will kill you once you are finished.

You will pray the best salaat in your life.
                          Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

The P1ssH3ad is a troll. So obvious, him and his mate tuk.

Grow some brain cells.
                            "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

'****head' ? troll? I hope its not aimed at me. Whats the deal anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X