Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq-d meat

:salams

What's the BEST meat to barbecue? What have you bbq-d and thought wow this is just the best barbecue ever!!!

Please share
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Re: Bbq-d meat

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
    :salams

What's the BEST meat to barbecue? What have you bbq-d and thought wow this is just the best barbecue ever!!!

Please share
    Steak :D
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

My favourite BBQ stuff :

the roasted poatoes in the BBQ, as well as the plantains, the green banana, and the sweet potatoes......thats the best :inlove:

then the barbequed fish ( if there is any ), and burgers ( home made ), and lamb chops.

And Halloumi cheese :inlove:

Then the chicken and beef.

We tend to have a variety of meat all marinated differently which is nice.
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
        Steak :D
        :up:

and in my opinon, nothing can beat a nice simple chicken!
        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

SOS- yeh! i have a really great recipe for saucy chicken for the bbq and when you bbq you its fabulous! gets charcoaly on the outside but moist and tender on the outside!
          Jeno baby- you would be banned at a South African brai!!! :eek3: who eats roasted potatoes and sweet potato at a brai woman!?!?

Another thing i totally love- WORS mmmmm oh dammit now look, i want to have a brai :(
          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
            SOS- yeh! i have a really great recipe for saucy chicken for the bbq and when you bbq you its fabulous! gets charcoaly on the outside but moist and tender on the outside!
            Jeno baby- you would be banned at a South African brai!!! :eek3: who eats roasted potatoes and sweet potato at a brai woman!?!?

Another thing i totally love- WORS mmmmm oh dammit now look, i want to have a brai :(
            We dont have "brai" in England sis.

:rotfl:....the potatoes are so nice...I actually eat less meat so I can eat more potatoes. With loads of butter, its so yummy :)
            And the Plantain :inlove:....

I still need to use that Stears/Spurs sauce you made me buy lol.

Post up any recipes as well, that would be great sisters ( or brothers )
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

BBQd fish is very nice and so is kebabs/sausages....generally anything you can BBQ tastes nice - 'thrill of the grill' :up:

Comment

haven't had a bbq in ages, hmm my mum always marinated steak, chicken and beef mmm i think the best way to eat meat is bbq'd otherwise i don't really eat it. bbq potatoes are gorgeous specially if the skin is a bit burnt. never had bbq'd fish though will have to try it someday.
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

:wswrwb:

T bone, chops (flatten), baby lamb shoulder/thigh (whole), sausages (mind you very very smokey, ppl leave teh place lol). It will taste better if have a thin layer of fat and marinated for few nights.

Do you foil the fish or ???? It ALWAYS falls apart when I BBQ it without wrapping in foil, and what fish is best for BBQ? Abi always get this bengali fish (name starts from B i think and its BIG'un) from market.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                  O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Thats right, marinate the meat for 2 nights atleast esp if its the lamb/steak

With fish thats best mariated as well and yup it needs to be wrapped in the foil. We've not done fish this year, so cant remember which one we used, but I do like lemon sole.

Is is Sea Bass. Thats beautiful fish, but not had it grilled.

We foil the kekabs as well and cook them covered and then when they are cooked well just place on grill to brown.

Also those skewers with different veg, peppers, onions, pineapples, halloumi, works well.

This is the one thing in my house the men actually do !
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                    X