• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Depression ?

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    It varies for people.
    I feel depressed all the time, only few moments of happiness. People don't get it so like wth.
    I think I know what those moments are...

Leave a comment:

• IbnulQayyim
    replied

It varies for people.
    I feel depressed all the time, only few moments of happiness. People don't get it so like wth.

Leave a comment:

• muslimaghareeba
    replied

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
    Its sad, but its something which is not taken seriously. its a illness which can eventually lead to death and effects more people then just the one depressed. its a scary thing.

Islamic advice to get rid of depression

Praise be to Allaah.

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed? ‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an (Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’

- but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu,
    jazakALLAHU khair ..imam sudais often recites these duas in qunoot ..mashaALLAH they are so beautiful...

ahh cant wait till ramadhan!

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu

Leave a comment:

• muslimaghareeba
    replied

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    Do You Reckon That Depression Lasts For Life ?
    assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu sis,

yeah i was studying that in a psych of grief class, there were cases where people were so depressed iit jsut never went away(eg.this lady whose mom died , she just could never get passed it, the depression just stayed)...

may ALLAH SUBHANHUWATHALA protect all of us from all illnesses ameen thumma ameen.

eidt::::::: ahh mann maybe i was thinking of grief syndrome... no im pretty sure that was depression...eek sorry sis

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah81
    replied

Depression comes in all shapes and sizes....

Some people go through a mild to moderate depression after a crisis in their life, this may require medication or counselling or both...or neither. Life gets tough sometimes and it's natural that it will affect mood to some extent. For example, look at the high levels of unemployment in the UK at the moment...people are having feelings of low self worth which may trigger a mild depression. This is a natural response to a difficult time in one's life and nothing to be ashamed of.

Then there's clinical depression. Some people suffer from this illness where there is an imbalance in chemicals in their brain (seratonin and noradrenaline) regardless of what their situation is. I guess you could liken it to hypothyroidism...there just isn't enough of the required chemical and it alters body function. These people will suffer from all the physical symptoms of depression (tiredness, lack of/increase in appetite, low mood etc) without necessarily having a stressor in their life. Clinical depression is nothing to be ashamed of either.

Both are treatable and neither is a life sentence. Alhamdulillah.

Severe depression needs to be addressed by a GP in order for the patient to be treated in the best possible way. However any mental health problem should be addressed as no one has to suffer in silence....you wouldn't hide a throat infection from anyone would you?

I think mental health is still a taboo subject and until people realise that depression isn't 'madness' the better.

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

:jkk:

:up:

Leave a comment:

• aBu_aGinEgp
    replied

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    But A Lot Of People Disregard It
    Its sad, but its something which is not taken seriously. its a illness which can eventually lead to death and effects more people then just the one depressed. its a scary thing.

Islamic advice to get rid of depression

Praise be to Allaah.

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed? ‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an (Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’

- but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

depression can be life-long battle
    Do You Reckon That Depression Lasts For Life ?

Leave a comment:

• muslimaghareeba
    replied

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu,
    yeah sis, i would consider depression as a mental illness regardless of its serverity or length and its definitely not a phase for some people they get through it fast(alhamdulILLAH)and for others depression can be life-long battle.. its scary how much fo a toll it can take on a persons mind and then gradually the rest of their health ...depression can even be dormant and the person will think their depression is over only to find it down the road ...scary,..

alhadmulILLAH for islam.

Verily in the remembrance of ALLAH do hearts frind rest(Al Quran Shoreef Surah 13,verse 28)

assaalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathuhu

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

But A Lot Of People Disregard It

Leave a comment:

• aBu_aGinEgp
    replied

Its a serious illness.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depress...roduction.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

Originally posted by MG View Post
    not sure sis, i am not qualified to say
    Its Okies Sis

Thanks Anyways :love:

Leave a comment:

• MG
    replied

Last edited by Grotbags; 18-11-15, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

So You Can Put Depression Down As A Mental illness If It Severe Or Does A Doctor Need To Dosanise It Sowi I Cant Spell

Its Just Talking About It On Tv - Girl Has Bi Polar & It Made Me Think About Mental Illness Im Werid I Know :(

Leave a comment:

• MG
    replied

Last edited by Grotbags; 18-11-15, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X