Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What good habbit/way did you recently pick & implement from your ideal's lifestyle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What good habbit/way did you recently pick & implement from your ideal's lifestyle.

Among the Suhabis, I recently learned it from one of my favourites Hazrat Muawiya (r.a) to not get offended by personal attacks/insults. No matter how aggressive a person used to get to misbehave with him & pass judgement about his personality, thoughts and actions, Muawiya (r.a) never stoop to lower level and if he decided to respond, he would never select hurtful/pinching wordings for them. Instead, he used polite & kind wordings. He did use to try to clear misunderstandings.

Even though I don't claim that I fully practice it, but I try my best to follow it in daily life matters. IT does help a lot to remain positive & saves a lot of time and energy.

Ofcourse many of us have many ideals in daily life. It could be any one of them from whom you learned & implemented a good leason in life.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: What good habbit/way did you recently pick & implement from your ideal's lifestyl

to stop the casual backbiting - me and my friend have made such a big effort to stop this common and major sin. its only once you have made an effort to stop it totally and watch everything you (and by extension, others) say that you realise how common it is amongst almost all muslims from all backgrounds, whether practising or not - and how hard it can be to stop

it just comes so naturally for some reason, it not even malicious things you say - your joking around most of the time but these jokes can leave you bankrupt on the day of judgement

Comment

Re: What good habbit/way did you recently pick & implement from your ideal's lifestyl

I used to struggle to handle prayer beads (tasbeeh) while driving and did not want to carry one in hand all the times so that it doesn't sound like a show off. Recently I counted how much time it takes me to say a particular dhikr 100 times, and after that I started using stop watch in my wristwatch to do dhikr. Now I know before I sleep how much dhikr I did during the day. It is satisfying to know numbers too.
      [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X